Kobe" Most competitive players , MJ, CP3, Drexler

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

LovetheNBA1
Junior
And1: 0

Kobe" Most competitive players , MJ, CP3, Drexler 

Post#1 » by LovetheNBA1 » Sat Jul 9, 2011 7:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQAbbsd ... ideo_title

How is CP3 more competitive then Wade? Also Drexler?
uno
Banned User

Re: Kobe" Most competitive players , MJ, CP3, Drexler 

Post#2 » by uno » Sat Jul 9, 2011 7:36 am

can he speak up? man...

The better question is, how is CP3 more competitive then LBJ who puts everything out there? I can see him being more competitive than Wade since Wade doesn't really have that fire in him cause he's a dirty player (and yes I am a Heat fan) but LBJ? Come on now Kobe...
initiald
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by initiald » Sat Jul 9, 2011 7:38 am

I can't hear anything he says, can you translate?
We-Are-Lasers
Banned User

Post#4 » by We-Are-Lasers » Sat Jul 9, 2011 7:40 am

Wade is my favourite player in the league but, despite being GREAT that doesn't mean he wants to win more than anyone else. Paul and Drexler probably are the ones who Kobe thought of as wanting to win the most. I can see it too with Paul, he carried that NO team to a great playoff campaign a few years back.
LovetheNBA1
Junior

Post#5 » by LovetheNBA1 » Sat Jul 9, 2011 7:41 am

uno wrote:can he speak up? man...

The better question is, how is CP3 more competitive then LBJ who puts everything out there? I can see him being more competitive than Wade since Wade doesn't really have that fire in him cause he's a dirty player (and yes I am a Heat fan) but LBJ? Come on now Kobe...

lmao, you are a Heat fan? Come om bro, Wade does not hide in the clutch. Do not hate on him.
LovetheNBA1
Junior

Post#6 » by LovetheNBA1 » Sat Jul 9, 2011 7:42 am

We-Are-Lasers wrote:Wade is my favourite player in the league but, despite being GREAT that doesn't mean he wants to win more than anyone else. Paul and Drexler probably are the ones who Kobe thought of as wanting to win the most. I can see it too with Paul, he carried that NO team to a great playoff campaign a few years back.

If Paul wants to win, why he is not getting guys on his team like Wade is? He seems content to me.
Godzilla039
Analyst
And1: 288

Post#7 » by Godzilla039 » Sat Jul 9, 2011 7:43 am

The better question is, how is CP3 more competitive then LBJ who puts everything out there?

Maybe Lebron loss points in Kobe's book when he teamed up with Wade .. then disappeared in the Finals. Your "puts everything out there" quote contradicts what happened last month.

Kobe with the sneak diss.
Just a must-watch army of possessed ass-kickers laying the smack down night after night after night. People are gonna hate playing the Bulls this year.
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Typhoon20 » Sat Jul 9, 2011 11:04 am

Kobe is correct about CP3. Not sure about Drexler though.
CP3 is pretty competitive. I mean his impact on a weak Hornets team is one of the best leaderships you can expect from any player. Leaders are naturally competitive. CP's game really speaks for itself...dude got a big heart on the court.Without your competitive nature talent isn't enough. He flops a lot...but still.

Also being competitive doesn't mean to win by any means necessary.
I think really competitive players don't want to take the easy road by teaming with other superstars.
34Dayz
Banned User

Post#9 » by 34Dayz » Sat Jul 9, 2011 11:42 am

Gotta put Shaq up there... He has always had the fire to dominate and outplay his opponents and in his best years he regularly led his teams to 70% win totals.

Also being competitive is good but I dont think it always makes you a better player.. for example if your team is down and your having an off shooting night but you keep shooting.. sure you may do it because you want to get your team back in it but its still hurting the team. The best players have a combination of Competitiveness and Intelligence... I'd put Jordan close to #1 there.. and Russell deserves mention aswell.
reincarnatingDABULLS
Junior

Post#10 » by reincarnatingDABULLS » Sat Jul 9, 2011 2:43 pm

Im sure he instantly thought of lbj, wade, and iverson,
CowsMoo
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by CowsMoo » Sat Jul 9, 2011 3:08 pm

CP3 is one of the first players that come to my mind when I think of competitive players. I think it's underrated, and I wish some NO fans would shed some more light on this.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#12 » by Copperhead » Sat Jul 9, 2011 3:10 pm

LovetheNBA1 wrote:
We-Are-Lasers wrote:Wade is my favourite player in the league but, despite being GREAT that doesn't mean he wants to win more than anyone else. Paul and Drexler probably are the ones who Kobe thought of as wanting to win the most. I can see it too with Paul, he carried that NO team to a great playoff campaign a few years back.

If Paul wants to win, why he is not getting guys on his team like Wade is? He seems content to me.

It takes two to dance son. Just because we don't hear anything about him asking other players to join him doesn't mean he doesn't do it. The other guy has to actually WANT to do it. Just like with trades. Teams need another team to get involved. That other GM will have to want to dance. And I agree with We-Are-Lasers, Kobe is probably talking about the ones that want to win the most. I've heard a former teammate of both of these guys describe Kobe and Paul as being 2 of the most competitive. Paul said he'd be open to a trade if the Hornets didn't show they were committed to winning. That doesn't sound like a guy that's content to me.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#13 » by Sky_Knicks » Sat Jul 9, 2011 4:06 pm

LOL !! Yes Lebron looked real competitive when he quit against Boston. He looked even more competitive when he passed the ball around like a hot potato against Dallas because he was scared of the pressure. Taking the easy way out and joining wade and Bosh showed soooo much competitiveness! I never really agreed with the bashing of the ballboys on realgm until now :lol:
HD24
Banned User

Post#14 » by HD24 » Sat Jul 9, 2011 4:11 pm

CP is so competitive.... He goes at even Kobe... he isn't scared and I love that about him.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#15 » by Speedlot » Sat Jul 9, 2011 4:15 pm

The all star game. Kobe and Cp3 was chilling the whole game. Then when it got close in the end the two went apesht and started balling as teammates to own the East.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter
And1: 20

Post#16 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Sat Jul 9, 2011 4:59 pm

You don't dominate the point guard game the way CP3 does with a 6 foot frame and short limbs if you don't have a pair of big cajones. Yes, he flops around a lot but he needs to do that so he doesn't get bullied around by 7 feet monsters he faces nights in and out.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,052

Post#17 » by Laimbeer » Sat Jul 9, 2011 5:11 pm

lol @ Drexler. MJ embarassed him in the finals and he acted like he didn't care. Clyde would rather look cool than step up to a challenge.
lijoge
Junior
And1: 8

Post#18 » by lijoge » Sat Jul 9, 2011 5:14 pm

not sure if serious....

how can someone whom quit in the finals and ECF the last 2 years be considered the most competitve?...
lijoge
Junior
And1: 8

Post#19 » by lijoge » Sat Jul 9, 2011 5:17 pm

Laimbeer wrote:lol @ Drexler. MJ embarassed him in the finals and he acted like he didn't care. Clyde would rather look cool than step up to a challenge.

yeah i didnt get that one either...

but i agree about cp3....from my view (albeit from my recliner), he appears to be quite intense with his teammates and somewhat of a perfectionist...
KV20
Banned User

Post#20 » by KV20 » Sat Jul 9, 2011 5:28 pm

Eddy Curry is the most competitive player in this league.

The most competitive players in the league are the one that win the title. This year all the Dallas players were the most competitive players, more than kobe CP3 LBj or Eddy Curry. The year before it was the Lakers, before it was the Lakers, than the Celtics, then the Spurs, etc...
It a team sport, when will Kobe Bryant and his fans understand that? He wasn't more competitive than Gasol last year against the Celtcis or the year before against orlando. Gasol played against Howard then Garnett, the guy is as competitive than anybody else on the Lakers roster this years.
So, in my mind, CP3 isn't more competitive than Jason Terry or JJ Barea this year.

Return to The General Board