Will the 76ers end up trade iggy?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Irishboy2155
Ballboy
And1: 0

Will the 76ers end up trade iggy? 

Post#1 » by Irishboy2155 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm a huge 76ers fan, and I would just like to know everyone's take on if you guys think they will end up trading iguodala when the lockout lifts?
93 Phillies
General Manager
And1: 3

Re: Will the 76ers end up trade iggy? 

Post#2 » by 93 Phillies » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm

It's typical (and smart) for new management to allow an observation period before making a major transaction. So given that, my thinking is that they'll start the season with him and if the right opportunity presents itself, they'll pull the trigger. I don't think they should feel any great urgency to dump him for less than face value.
Irishboy2155
Ballboy

Post#3 » by Irishboy2155 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 pm

93 Phillies wrote:It's typical (and smart) for new management to allow an observation period before making a major transaction. So given that, my thinking is that they'll start the season with him and if the right opportunity presents itself, they'll pull the trigger. I don't think they should feel any great urgency to dump him for less than face value.

Yes I feel the same way. Who do you think they might end up shipping him to if they do end up trading him. I would love to see Monta in Philly. The city would really embrace him.
93 Phillies
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 93 Phillies » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:19 pm

I personally don't think Monta would be complimentary to Holiday and Evans. I like him as a player and I think he has a personality that Philly would appreciate. I just don't think it would be a good fit at the moment unless we were moving Holiday or Evans in another deal. They all play best with the ball in their hands.

I'd like to get one of the following players 1) defensive minded small forward who can hit the three and run the break or 2) defensive minded banger who hits boards and can throw a nice outlet pass. Either one of these type of player with probably less potential and talent than Iguodala combined with a future draft pick would be nice.
Irishboy2155
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Irishboy2155 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:24 pm

93 Phillies wrote:I personally don't think Monta would be complimentary to Holiday and Evans. I like him as a player and I think he has a personality that Philly would appreciate. I just don't think it would be a good fit at the moment unless we were moving Holiday or Evans in another deal. They all play best with the ball in their hands.

I'd like to get one of the following players 1) defensive minded small forward who can hit the three and run the break or 2) defensive minded banger who hits boards and can throw a nice outlet pass. Either one of these type of player with probably less potential and talent than Iguodala combined with a future draft pick would be nice.

True. They all do play with the ball in their hands. But Turner is trying to develop his jump shot and who knows, maybe he can be a guy who can spot up and hit a mid range jumpshot when Monta drives. But the 76ers getting Monta is a long shot. It just sucks that the market for iggy isnt that great. He would be the perfect complement on any team needing a robin to their batman.

Return to The General Board