Kevin Durant

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Re: Kevin Durant 

Post#61 » by funkatron101 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

magicman123 wrote:Image

Gold star for you! :lol:
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
ClutchOver9000
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#62 » by ClutchOver9000 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:04 pm

funkatron101 wrote:
magicman123 wrote:Image

Gold star for you! :lol:

lol to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that was all real.... :lol:
Jhoby
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#63 » by Jhoby » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Now he can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery. What a shame.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#64 » by DanoMac » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:22 pm

MagicMadness wrote:I wish Robert Swift could get back in the league. Its like he got all tatted up for no reason.

Things change. The swallows really don’t come back to Capistrano anymore. Coffee is not 5¢ a cup anymore.

Some late July, there will not be rumors about where Robert Swift will play in the NBA. But that year is not this year. We have Robert Swift rumors.

Swift — the well inked, of injured center — played for the Tokyo Apache last season and that team’s former coach (and former NBA head man) Bob Hill told the Japan Times he sees some landing spots for the center in the league:

The Boston Celtics and New York Knicks.

Both teams that need backup big men who could eat minutes without costing much. The question is how much Swift could really do — the Thunder sent him packing and he didn’t exactly light the league on fire in Japan. Then there are questions about if he could stay healthy.

But it’s July free agent speculation, and that is Swift’s time to shine.

posted today ironically on pbt.com
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 489

Post#65 » by giordunk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 pm

If I were to get a tattoo I'd get it on my lower ankle so it is easily covered up by socks. I don't see myself getting tattoos any time soon though.
i like peanuts
SheedsWeed
RealGM

Post#66 » by SheedsWeed » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Weird, I had no idea he had any tats...which I guess is good for him as this is what he wanted.

Who are some of the best players that DON'T have tats? Ray Allen is the only one I can think of. Dwight Howard doesn't have any does he?
NYawKa11
Junior
And1: 83

Post#67 » by NYawKa11 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:03 am

Durant has a tat inside his right wrist. I saw it in a commercial for fantasy sports on TV a few months back. So maybe he's gravitating toward the arms.
AllzGudInDaHood
Pro Prospect
And1: 36

Post#68 » by AllzGudInDaHood » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 am

giordunk wrote:If I were to get a tattoo I'd get it on my lower ankle so it is easily covered up by socks. I don't see myself getting tattoos any time soon though.

Wait... Are you eyebrows guy? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1008439
Major props for actually going through with it.
Maybe you should tattoo your eyebrows back? Well, it was a long time ago, so maybe they grew back.
stacey_is_king
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by stacey_is_king » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:33 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
ikkoikki wrote:I don't get the tattoo fad at all, I think it's stupid.

Me either, they look stupid. It's something insecure people get to attract attention

Seriously? :lol:
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#70 » by CousinOfDeath » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:26 am

I think one of the names on one of his tits is his old coach's wife's name. What's the story behind him wearing number 35 again? Someone close to him died when they were 35 and that's why he wears the number. I don't remember if it was his coach or his coach's wife or what.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
HuskerJeff
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#71 » by HuskerJeff » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:40 am

Most the tattoos I see today are just trendy and stupid. Its so overdone at this point and hardly any of its original. Its your body, so you can obviously do as you like and I doubt anyone cares that i think it looks stupid. People just seem to get them to get them now or to try to accentuate how trendy and unoriginal they truly are....or errrr.....the opposite, how ironic
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#72 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:28 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

Me either, they look stupid. It's something insecure people get to attract attention

If you don't understand the "tattoo fad", then you can't make the declarative statement that insecure people get tattoos to attract more attention because that means that you do understand why they get them.

I don't have any tats but I've thought about it. A lot of my friends have tattoos and a lot of them don't. People get tattoos for very different reasons. You should ask them why before just automatically judging people.
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,446

Post#73 » by Birth of the Cool » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:20 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:If you don't understand the "tattoo fad", then you can't make the declarative statement that insecure people get tattoos to attract more attention because that means that you do understand why they get them.

I don't have any tats but I've thought about it. A lot of my friends have tattoos and a lot of them don't. People get tattoos for very different reasons. You should ask them why before just automatically judging people.

Good post. Yeah it's hillarious the guy says I don't understand it so I don't like it & I will judge it...that sounds like a great way to live one's life...haha.

It's pretty hillarious everytime there's a topic about tattoos some mouthbreather has to let everyone know how much they hate tattoos. Thanks for sharing. These people care too much what other people do to their own bodies - must be republicans ;)
HuskerJeff
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#74 » by HuskerJeff » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:51 pm

The idea of a tattoo doesnt bother me, its that people try to convey an image thats annoying to me...I just find it funny. I doubt anyone that typically thinks tattoos are stupid really cares all that much, its just funny.

Examples - JR Smith, Birdman, Rodman, red head seattle guy, kenyon martin.....Pretty much any NBA player that trys to act hard has at least 10. Surprisingly, I do really like Rasheed wallaces sun tattoo.
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#75 » by Charsace » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:41 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

If you don't understand the "tattoo fad", then you can't make the declarative statement that insecure people get tattoos to attract more attention because that means that you do understand why they get them.

People are getting tattoos because they've become ok again in the eyes of the public. Tattoos have a long history, and whether or not they are acceptable things to have constantly changes. A lot of people that get tattoos now would not have been getting them in the 80's and 90's because of the negative stigmas they had attached to them. In reality a lot of the people that are getting tattoos are getting them because they cool to get now.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#76 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:08 am

SheedsWeed wrote:Weird, I had no idea he had any tats...which I guess is good for him as this is what he wanted.

Who are some of the best players that DON'T have tats? Ray Allen is the only one I can think of. Dwight Howard doesn't have any does he?

CP3
Dirk
Manu
Nash
Gasol
Wade
J.Wall
Griffin
Howard

Pretty sure about most of these guys
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#77 » by Jase » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:47 am

Mamba Venom wrote:Not having tats in the NBA is like having tats in the NBA in the 60s

Very well-put.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#78 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:24 am

I mean I get it....but like...he looks weird with his shirt off lol.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#79 » by slick_watts » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:31 am

Durant's just setting us all up for a heel turn. He's going to get to the Finals one of these years, lose in an excruciating fashion, and come back with full sleeves and on a mission.
ClutchOver9000
Sophomore

Post#80 » by ClutchOver9000 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:40 am

slick_watts wrote:Durant's just setting us all up for a heel turn. He's going to get to the Finals one of these years, lose in an excruciating fashion, and come back with full sleeves and on a mission.

All joking aside I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. He seems a bit "edgier" (for lack of a better word) now than when he first came into the league.

Maybe he's just establishing an alpha dog mentality (which was in severe doubt during last season's playoff run; you can ask Westbrook about that), maybe he's just gotten more confident and more relaxed. Maybe he's showing his true self. Who knows?

However I also feel that KD's very small ego will soon develop considerably and he will tarnish his "can't-do-no-wrong" posterboy image.

Wade had a similar change. He was always a low-key douchebag (unlike Durant) but since his sidekick Lebron came to the team, he's publicly expressed his douchebaggery more often.

Return to The General Board