Better (short term) future: Bulls or Knicks?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Better future?

Bulls
72%
Knicks
28%

Total votes: 200

eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Re: Better (short term) future: Bulls or Knicks? 

Post#361 » by eslr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:31 am

Dezmondballins3 wrote:Same people who voted for Bulls to win the chip this season??

There are probably as many people voting for the Bulls because they think the Bulls will be really good as there are voting for the Bulls because they think the Knicks will be mediocre.

Lets see why people my not have confidence in the Knicks:
-They were a .500 team with Melo/Stat
-They have two stars that dont play defense. How many teams with two bad defenders go far?
-They have 70% of their cap tied up in Melo/Stat. They will only have $10-15 mill to go after a free agent, and thats only if they fill out the roster with veteran minimum players. If the new CBA changes anything, it will probably make it even tougher for the Knicks
-They have no draft picks
- They have no assets for trades

-AGAIN THEY WERE ONLY A .500 TEAM!!! Get a couple games over .500 before you start talking about winning the conference or going deep in the post season.
Dezmondballins3
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#362 » by Dezmondballins3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 am

Warned for baiting.

Yuri
Heat Homer.
Dwyane Wade Magic Johnson David Robinson Alonzo Mourning Hakeem Olajuwon
Beith Kogans wrote:Derrick Rose added a couple inches, he looks at least 6'6.
next2spike
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#363 » by next2spike » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:52 am

eslr wrote:
Dezmondballins3 wrote:Same people who voted for Bulls to win the chip this season??

There are probably as many people voting for the Bulls because they think the Bulls will be really good as there are voting for the Bulls because they think the Knicks will be mediocre.

Lets see why people my not have confidence in the Knicks:
-They were a .500 team with Melo/Stat
-They have two stars that dont play defense. How many teams with two bad defenders go far?
-They have 70% of their cap tied up in Melo/Stat. They will only have $10-15 mill to go after a free agent, and thats only if they fill out the roster with veteran minimum players. If the new CBA changes anything, it will probably make it even tougher for the Knicks
-They have no draft picks
- They have no assets for trades

[size=150]-AGAIN THEY WERE ONLY A .500 TEAM!!![/size] Get a couple games over .500 before you start talking about winning the conference or going deep in the post season.

you're a clown. he played 27 games with the knicks! 27! how long did it take miami to gell? how many games? and don't forget practice and training camp? stfu u bum.

how many teams with 2 bad defenders? miami had bibby/mike miller = finals. dallas had dirk and peja and cardinal and terry (not known for defense) = champs. stfu. i heard the bigger the font the more right you are...70% in melo/amare? WE HAVE THE CAP TO SIGN CP3 IN THE SUMMER of 2012!

Warned,

Gremz.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#364 » by Ayt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
jl342323 wrote:our lineup of drose, brewer, deng, taj, asik would be a nightmare match up for the knicks. they would be lucky to score 90 points against this defensive monster. you take care of knicks offense, you really have nothing to worry about.

as long as d'antoni is the coach knicks wont get far in the playoffs, i guarantee that. look at contending teams in the east. all have great defense. miami, orlando(dwight), boston, and chicago. knicks wont get passed any of those teams (maybe orlando). bulls are a nice 2 guard away from winning a title. knicks need to fire pringles, adopt more of a defensive mindset, and get deeper bench.

they will never be able to keep up with the bulls or heat

Because that's such an easy feat, right? Even when there was no cohesion after the Melo trade, that offense was EXTREMELY good.

And since when was Orlando a contending team in the East again? That team is absolutely terrible after Dwight Howard. Boston's window has been closing and looks like they aren't going to do much after the way the Heat demolished them. So, that leaves the Heat and the Bulls.

Sure, the Bulls have a nice team, but they aren't getting past the Heat either, even if they were to add JR Smith, which would be unlikely. They were beaten pretty easily by the Heat, even with Dwyane Wade playing horrifically that series and I highly doubt JR Smith would be able to contain him. It's going to take more than JR Smith for that Bulls offense to get better.

The Knicks are going to be done with D'Antoni this year and they need a well balanced coach and defensive players to take this team to the next level. They are already showing signs of going for more defense by drafting Iman Shumpert, who was a really good defender in college, but it's going to take much more than that for them to get better on defense. They have the cap flexibility to do so, so we'll see how that ends up.

Yep. A nice little team that led the league in wins and got to the conference finals. That nice, little NY team had the 15th best record in the league and wouldn't even have made the playoffs in the West.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#365 » by Ayt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 am

Allan Houston wrote:I didn't know Skip Bayless was also a Knicks fan that posted on RealGM? Dude just got even more awesome in my book.

And a prepubescent Skip at that.
ikkoikki
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#366 » by ikkoikki » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:14 am

next2spike wrote:you're a clown. he played 27 games with the knicks! 27! how long did it take miami to gell? how many games? and don't forget practice and training camp? stfu u bum.

how many teams with 2 bad defenders? miami had bibby/mike miller = finals. dallas had dirk and peja and cardinal and terry (not known for defense) = champs. stfu. i heard the bigger the font the more right you are...70% in melo/amare? WE HAVE THE CAP TO SIGN CP3 IN THE SUMMER of 2012!

cool it please. Make your point without personal insults
eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Post#367 » by eslr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:15 am

next2spike wrote:
you're a clown. he played 27 games with the knicks! 27! how long did it take miami to gell? how many games? and don't forget practice and training camp? stfu u bum.

Bum? All I am saying is that they arent that great right now and its WAY too premature to compare them to the Bulls. Initial returns from the trade have been mixed.

how many teams with 2 bad defenders? miami had bibby/mike miller = finals. dallas had dirk and peja and cardinal and terry (not known for defense) = champs. stfu.

I wasnt talking about role players. let me clarify, what team with two bad defenders playing over 35 minutes per night gets deep in the playoffs? The Suns are the only team I can think of in recent hitory.

i heard the bigger the font the more right you are...70% in melo/amare? WE HAVE THE CAP TO SIGN CP3 IN THE SUMMER of 2012!

You dont. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7060 ... -cap-space

(I know its bleacher report, but the guys' numbers check out)
Ayt
RealGM

Post#368 » by Ayt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:22 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:
eslr wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote: the bulls have a critical flaw, they lack championship star power (which is also the knicks strength). You are going to need at least two to win a ring.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who was the Mavs 2nd star?

who doesnt think jason kidd is a star? Probably a person who is takes offense and pretends to laugh by ODing on smiley faces

I thought the 38 year old Kidd should have been the Finals MVP with his 7.7 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 6.3 assists (and 3.5 turnovers).

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:"The Knicks don't have a center, how are they going to get one?"

Well, the Knicks have depth at the center position right now. Jerome Jordan was bought from Milwaukee last year and sent to Europe to develop and Josh Harrelson was drafted this year in the 2nd round. Add in Ronny Turiaf and you have some decent depth at the center position. It may not be the best, but there are options at C.

That sounds promising. They could potentially have a bottom 5 center rotation if things work out.
Dezmondballins3
Bench Warmer

Post#369 » by Dezmondballins3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 am

Ayt wrote:That sounds promising. They could potentially have a bottom 5 center rotation if things work out.

This is what make you and most bulls fans ignorant you think you can get a SG but Miami and New York can't get a C. That is so ignorant to think you will improve so you will definitely win more but you don't take in to account that other teams will improve too!

Warned,

Gremz.
Heat Homer.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#370 » by Ayt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 am

Dezmondballins3 wrote:
Ayt wrote:That sounds promising. They could potentially have a bottom 5 center rotation if things work out.

This is what make you and most bulls fans ignorant you think you can get a SG but Miami and New York can't get a C. That is so ignorant to think you will improve so you will definitely win more but you don't take in to account that other teams will improve too!

The Bulls don't even need to improve to win more than the Knicks. The Knicks should be worried about having a better record than Atlanta and Orlando (and Philly and Indy for that matter).
KushIsMyCologne
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#371 » by KushIsMyCologne » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 am

Dezmondballins3 wrote:

Dude. STFU.

(Foe List)

Looking into this,

Gremz.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#372 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 am

Don Draper wrote:Which has the better future for the next 2-3 years? I leaning towards the Knicks (mainly because of Boozer's contract)

If the Bulls got anyone but Boozer, Bosh should have gone to Chicago. If I were Miami I would trade Boozer for Bosh.

If LeBron was not so hell bent going with Wade in Miami Amar'e should have gone to the Heat with Joe Johnson to play with Wade and LeBron should have gone to the Bulls, Bosh to N.Y. with Melo.

Rose and LeBron would have been sick...they did not need Boozer but still had a great year. Had they got a SG who could be a legit #2 or #3 with Deng they would have won the title over Dallas.

It all depends on who the Bulls get this offseason. I would see what Memphis would want for Rudy Gay or try to pick up Afflao or J.R Smith or J-Rich and see how it goes in Chicago.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#373 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:56 am

Jerome Jordan ....hmmm just like my dumb Bucks.

He might come back and be a decent Center for the Knicks and then we will watch Marshon Brooks blow up in New Jersey another guy we passed on after bringing him in twice.

Why am I a Bucks fan....
Dezmondballins3
Bench Warmer

Post#374 » by Dezmondballins3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:59 am

KushIsMyCologne wrote:
Dezmondballins3 wrote:This is what make you and most bulls fans ignorant you think you can get a SG but Miami and New York can't get a C. That is so ignorant to think you will improve so you will definitely win more but you don't take in to account that other teams will improve too!

Dude. STFU.

(Foe List)

LOL he hates how right I am

foe list? :lol:
Heat Homer.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#375 » by BossHoggin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:03 am

So this thread consists of Knicks fans picking the Knicks and everyone else the Bulls? Then the Knicks fans bashing everyone who doesn't agree with their view?

New York is back! Think you'd guys become a little humble after blowing the 2000s.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Dezmondballins3
Bench Warmer

Post#376 » by Dezmondballins3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 am

BossHoggin wrote:So this thread consists of Knicks fans picking the Knicks and everyone else the Bulls? Then the Knicks fans bashing everyone who doesn't agree with their view?

New York is back! Think you'd guys become a little humble after blowing the 2000s.

actually im not a Knicks fan.... yet I picked them i hate both these teams though LOL your so wrong in every way. :lol:
Heat Homer.
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#377 » by koogiking » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:39 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Jerome Jordan ....hmmm just like my dumb Bucks.

He might come back and be a decent Center for the Knicks and then we will watch Marshon Brooks blow up in New Jersey another guy we passed on after bringing him in twice.

Why am I a Bucks fan....

At least they were able to get rid of Corey Magette. Stephen Jackson is pretty good even though he's getting old. The Bucks should try to start keeping some of the players they draft though
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#378 » by BossHoggin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 am

Dezmondballins3 wrote:
BossHoggin wrote:So this thread consists of Knicks fans picking the Knicks and everyone else the Bulls? Then the Knicks fans bashing everyone who doesn't agree with their view?

actually im not a Knicks fan.... yet I picked them i hate both these teams though LOL your so wrong in every way. :lol:

Why do you think I even read anything you wrote or that I was talking directly to you? I'm just wondering where the arrogance of New York fans come from. The Bulls at least won a game in the playoffs. The Knicks are praying (some see it as destiny) to get Chris Paul. Chicago has a solid foundation to their team. Knicks have a terrible coach and a bunch of scrub roleplayers, Amare, Melo, and old man Billups. Now if Carmelo can step up and back up the confidence of the fans, then the Knicks can begin something to be proud of.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#379 » by Jvaughn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:59 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
RojanRando wrote:Bullz for shore

You can't say that taking into account the cap space NY will have available in 2012.

And exactly how much would that be.........? I'll help you out. No one knows. Even if the salary cap were to stay the same (doubtful) the Knicks would have to choose between using that cap space (roughly $10-12 mil) on another star, or spread it to fill all of their holes. I'm not sure how people igure the Knicks will add CP3, and then magically fix all of their other problems too.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
MSG
Analyst
And1: 88

Post#380 » by MSG » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 am

Knicks.

Even with D'Antoni as our coach I think we can beat the Bulls in a 7-game series.
With additional pieces and better defensive coach ? Knicks by far.

Return to The General Board