Good players that could be amnestied/released under new CBA

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Knckles
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Good players that could be amnestied/released under new  

Post#21 » by Knckles » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:30 pm

NYK amnestied Amare to create cap room for CP3, Dwight Howard or even both if they both take a paycut 8-) that is if the CBA allows it. It isn't gonna happen though.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#22 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:04 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
He Filled it Up wrote:Pistons could possibly let Ben Gordon go. He would fit on any contender (imagine him starting on the Heat or back in Chicago).

I don't see BG starting for neither Miami or Chicago. Unfortunately, Gordon lacks size & defensive skills to be a starting SG for most teams. His role going forward will probably be as an offensive presence off the bench for contending teams.

IMO he would start for Miami at point guard. Wade and Lebron should be doing all the playmaking on that team unless they somehow got an elite setup man and then it would probably come at the expense of one of them.

All they need at that spot is a shooter and Gordon is elite in that regard, he can also guard point guards just fine, especially on that team.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#23 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:06 pm

theboomking wrote:I don't agree with you. Arenas will absolutely be amnestied if he is eligible. The Magic need to worry about creating cap room to improve the team and keep Dwight Howard. The amount of money they would spend on paying Arenas not to play pales in comparison to the amount they would lose if Dwight leaves.

Arenas isn't an answer to the OP question however, because he isn't a 'good' player. He sucks.

Cutting Arenas doesn't open up any cap.

They would still have to make multiple moves to open up any kind of significant cap.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#24 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Knckles wrote:NYK amnestied Amare to create cap room for CP3, Dwight Howard or even both if they both take a paycut 8-) that is if the CBA allows it. It isn't gonna happen though.

Umm... yeah... sure... :roll:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#25 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:The other thing has to be kept in mind.. teams that do waive players are most likley going to do so to clear cap space to survive in the new CBA.. not to simply re-spend that money.

In other words I don't see the Bucks waiving Gooden for $26m all at once, just to spend another $6m per year or another $30m contact. I don't think the difference between say Glen Davis and Drew Gooden would be $32m all in one year and more beyond.

Exactly.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#26 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:31 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
He Filled it Up wrote:Pistons could possibly let Ben Gordon go. He would fit on any contender (imagine him starting on the Heat or back in Chicago).

I don't see BG starting for neither Miami or Chicago. Unfortunately, Gordon lacks size & defensive skills to be a starting SG for most teams. His role going forward will probably be as an offensive presence off the bench for contending teams.

IMO he would start for Miami at point guard. Wade and Lebron should be doing all the playmaking on that team unless they somehow got an elite setup man and then it would probably come at the expense of one of them.

All they need at that spot is a shooter and Gordon is elite in that regard, he can also guard point guards just fine, especially on that team.

As a Bulls fan, I observed damn near every game that BG played for us. That being said, I understand the point that you're trying to make, but believe me he's too clumsy to guard PGs & too small to guard SGs.

On top of that, he needs "starter-type" shot attempts to be at his best scoring-wise. He's not a 4 or 5 shot attempt type of player & that's what he would be playing alongside LBJ, Wade, & Bosh. Unless he's on a bad/borderline good team that gives him the green light to shoot whenever he wants, his best bet is to be the lead scorer coming off a team's bench.

Return to The General Board