Big Ben: arrested with DUI and gun

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Re: Big Ben: arrested with DUI and gun 

Post#21 » by Mikez1919 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:46 pm

LApwnd wrote:can't blame for carrying a gun...its Det after all.

Bloomfield Hills is a city in Oakland County of the U.S. state of Michigan, 20.2 miles (32.5 km) northwest of downtown Detroit.[4] As of the 2010 census, the city population was 3,869.[5] Bloomfield Hills consistently ranks as one of the top five wealthiest cities in the United States with population between 2,500 to 9,999 — it currently is listed at the number four position and in 1990 it was ranked number two,[6] and has the highest income of any city outside of California or Florida. The median income for a family is over $200,000. In 2000, 49% of residential property in Bloomfield Hills had a value of over $1,000,000.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomfield_Hills,_Michigan
allweneedisLOVE
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#22 » by allweneedisLOVE » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Sky_Knicks wrote:And I could find 10 million people that aren't professional athletes doing the same thing :roll:

Exactly.. all worthless idiots. The pro's though are the worthless idiots who don't deserve what they have.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#23 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Damn Ben,

You shoulda just came back to FL and raced RC cars at the track like you used to back in the day and none of this happens.

jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#24 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm

so damn dumb
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

Hot Rod Stuckey
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#25 » by Hot Rod Stuckey » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:10 pm

LApwnd wrote:then him carrying a gun is even dumber for this fact that you've posted about his area.

Carrying a gun illegally is dumb no matter what. Your earlier point was even worse - what would be the point of carrying an unloaded pistol in a backpack driving through Detroit? What's he gonna do, pull over, unzip his backpack, take the gun out, find some ammo (if he had any) and load it? If you're implying that he'd need it to defend himself driving through the city, I can't see carrying it unloaded in a backpack being a smart decision.

How bout carrying a gun while intoxicated though, regardless of whether or not it's loaded? That's almost as dumb as driving drunk. Even if you blow a 0.02 you aren't allowed to be in possession of a firearm.

Enjoy a few weeks in jail, Big Ben. Good thing he got busted in the same jurisdiction as Jalen Rose. That judge is gonna wreak havoc on him... she's one of the toughest in the country when it comes to DUI's.
LargeBabyDavis
Starter
And1: 112

Post#26 » by LargeBabyDavis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:15 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:I still say that Bynum parking in a handicapped space is worse.

Well after all those injuries hes not that far off.
Mujahydeen wrote:Next thing we know, Kobe was behind the Spartacus uprising as he wanted to topple the Roman Empire because he's that competitive.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#27 » by Imadogg » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Could care less about the gun deal... I don't blame him for carrying it, especially if it's just unloaded.

How much less could you care? Do you currently care a great deal?

And **** DUIs
Shook Ones
Bench Warmer
And1: 92

Post#28 » by Shook Ones » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 pm

wait, they pull people over for driving drunk in Detroit?
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#29 » by Ballings7 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Imadogg wrote:
Ballings7 wrote:Could care less about the gun deal... I don't blame him for carrying it, especially if it's just unloaded.

And **** DUIs

Fun little question you ask...

Because the gun-related part was being expanded on from the incident in the report, to try and get people to blow it out of proportion because a "gun" is present. That's a reporters job, to manipulate.

It's my viewpoint, I could care less than other people would and definitely do, in how Wallace was involved with a gun there.

Do I care a great deal? That's a rhetorical question.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#30 » by Pimpwerx » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 pm

allweneedisLOVE wrote:Really smart guy. Some of these NBA players are true geniuses. I'm really jealous of their intelligence and how they worked so hard for everything they have. It's wonderful.

Most DUIs are not committed by athletes. I don't know why you made this correlation, but it's stupid and petty. PEACE.
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#31 » by Master Shake » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:
allweneedisLOVE wrote:Really smart guy. Some of these NBA players are true geniuses. I'm really jealous of their intelligence and how they worked so hard for everything they have. It's wonderful.

Most DUIs are not committed by athletes. I don't know why you made this correlation, but it's stupid and petty. PEACE.

I think he's more referring to the point that Ben has oodles of money and decided to not pay someone to drive him home or take a cab while he was drunk and in possession of a firearm.

Nothing wrong with him drinking, or owning a firearm, but combining the two and adding in driving and the weapon not being registered to him = easily avoidable felony, which is stupid.
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#32 » by Elden Payton » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:29 pm

This is one of the league's good guys!!!!

Crazy!!!!!!!

Driving around the posh area too.....SMH
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#33 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 pm

0.08 is not drunk for a man the size of big ben, in fact it's not drunk for almost any normal human being who indulges on the regular(and no I don't mean an alcoholic, I just mean anyone who has a drink or two a couple times a week and has any type of tolerance.) , it's barely a strong buzz, depending on how long he consumed said beverages to hit that limit. It might be nothing, just drinking a number of beers over a long period of time, with no time to actually bring blood alcohol levels down.

I'm not condoning actual drunk driving, but the limits are set artificially low, at least and especially at night time.

This country promotes alcohol and basically to the point of being loaded everywhere you look, but they like to act like most people are drinking by themselves in a house or are taking the bus/taxi/have a chauffeur.

During the day 0.08 is certainly fair. You shouldn't be on busy streets motoring about with a buzz.

But at night it should be up to the officers discretion anything up to .1, I don't think people realize how ridiculously easy it is to hit .08.

Basically any time any of you leave a bar, even if you've been drinking responsibly, you're a potential DUI by law.

I bet a lot of people don't know that if you get smashed the night before, a lot of times you're getting in your car in the morning, even if you are dead sober, your BAC is way above the legal limit.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#34 » by OFWGKTA » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 pm

Ballings7 wrote:
Imadogg wrote:

And **** DUIs

Fun little question you ask...

Because the gun-related part was being expanded on from the incident in the report, to try and get people to blow it out of proportion because a "gun" is present. That's a reporters job, to manipulate.

It's my viewpoint, I could care less than other people would and definitely do, in how Wallace was involved with a gun there.

Do I care a great deal? That's a rhetorical question.

His point was that the proper saying is "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less" because if you could care less then that means that you still care a certain amount.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#35 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:0.08 is not drunk for a man the size of big ben, in fact it's not drunk for almost any normal human being who indulges on the regular(and no I don't mean an alcoholic, I just mean anyone who has a drink or two a couple times a week and has any type of tolerance.) , it's barely a strong buzz, depending on how long he consumed said beverages to hit that limit. It might be nothing, just drinking a number of beers over a long period of time, with no time to actually bring blood alcohol levels down.

I'm not condoning actual drunk driving, but the limits are set artificially low, at least and especially at night time.

This country promotes alcohol and basically to the point of being loaded everywhere you look, but they like to act like most people are drinking by themselves in a house or are taking the bus/taxi/have a chauffeur.

During the day 0.08 is certainly fair. You shouldn't be on busy streets motoring about with a buzz.

But at night it should be up to the officers discretion anything up to .1, I don't think people realize how ridiculously easy it is to hit .08.

Basically any time any of you leave a bar, even if you've been drinking responsibly, you're a potential DUI by law.

I bet a lot of people don't know that if you get smashed the night before, a lot of times you're getting in your car in the morning, even if you are dead sober, your BAC is way above the legal limit.

The report says he was above the legal limit of .08. Which could very well mean he was F'd up.

and..

I learned along time ago. Every time I leave a bar, I do so with a DD or a cab.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#36 » by LApwnd » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Hot Rod Stuckey wrote:
LApwnd wrote:then him carrying a gun is even dumber for this fact that you've posted about his area.

Carrying a gun illegally is dumb no matter what. Your earlier point was even worse - what would be the point of carrying an unloaded pistol in a backpack driving through Detroit? What's he gonna do, pull over, unzip his backpack, take the gun out, find some ammo (if he had any) and load it? If you're implying that he'd need it to defend himself driving through the city, I can't see carrying it unloaded in a backpack being a smart decision.

How bout carrying a gun while intoxicated though, regardless of whether or not it's loaded? That's almost as dumb as driving drunk. Even if you blow a 0.02 you aren't allowed to be in possession of a firearm.

Enjoy a few weeks in jail, Big Ben. Good thing he got busted in the same jurisdiction as Jalen Rose. That judge is gonna wreak havoc on him... she's one of the toughest in the country when it comes to DUI's.

umm how would someone know its NOT loaded if he pulled it out? Also as stated legal or illegal, why does he need a gun at all, he lives in the richest part of your city and NEVER has to drive through Det. :-?
CROSS+
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#37 » by CROSS+ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:0.08 is not drunk for a man the size of big ben, in fact it's not drunk for almost any normal human being who indulges on the regular(and no I don't mean an alcoholic, I just mean anyone who has a drink or two a couple times a week and has any type of tolerance.) , it's barely a strong buzz, depending on how long he consumed said beverages to hit that limit. It might be nothing, just drinking a number of beers over a long period of time, with no time to actually bring blood alcohol levels down.

???

This doesnt make sense.

Obviously, for a guy of bens physical stature it will take way more alcohol to get him to 0.08 than a 5'5" 120lbs woman. But how does this make you come up with the conclusion that a man of big bens physical stature is less drunk than a smaller person when they both have the same amount of alcohol relative to their body size in their blood?
Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Post#38 » by Mikez1919 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 am

LApwnd wrote:
Hot Rod Stuckey wrote:

umm how would someone know its NOT loaded if he pulled it out? Also as stated legal or illegal, why does he need a gun at all, he lives in the richest part of your city and NEVER has to drive through Det. :-?

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/ ... um=twitter

Wallace reportedly told police he put the unloaded pistol, which he said was registered only to his wife, in his backpack for protection before driving from Virginia to Michigan. He was pulled over about 3 a.m. Saturday, according to a Bloomfield Township Police press release, when an officer spotted him driving erratically on Telegraph Road near Long Lake Road.

You might be surprised how many people bring guns with them on long road trips.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#39 » by RTM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 am

There goes any potential legal career.

He was pulled over about 3 a.m. Saturday, according to a Bloomfield Township Police press release, when an officer spotted him driving erratically on Telegraph Road near Long Lake Road.

That's right near where Joe D and my grandparents live. Very wealthy area.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#40 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 am

Just to put it out there, I'm not condoning what Big Ben did, he's super rich, no excuse to not take a cab or have an actual driver.
Was making a more in general post after some of the generic, "Dude you don't deserve to be alive because you have a few drinks and drive at 3AM, you monster!" type responses beginning earlier in the thread that will likely get to that level in a few pages like they always do in these kinds of threads.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to The General Board