Lockout effects on players preparation for this season

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Lockout effects on players preparation for this season 

Post#1 » by KAVK » Thu Oct 6, 2011 2:13 am

Shortened season or no season (hope not) how this lockout will affect players preparation for this season?

No official training camp & pre season, it will have an effect on players preparation for this season. Are we in to have a less than expected quality of a season or ...?
George Karl !
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Lockout effects on players preparation for this season 

Post#2 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Oct 6, 2011 2:22 am

I think we've already seen a lot of players who haven't already gone overseas state that they would prepare for a regular season like they usually would but that if no deal was secured by or in October, that's when they would seriously consider going overseas. So now, I do expect a lot of stars to start looking at European leagues just to stay in shape and play against competition.

What I would be most interested (obviously other than having an actual NBA season) would be to see if number of star players playing overseas would actually affect the owners position at all. When the star players of both large and small market teams begin to play overseas, I'm sure it has to worry them that they won't get the same star back whenever the lockout is finished.
Sinant
Head Coach
And1: 140

Re: Lockout effects on players preparation for this season 

Post#3 » by Sinant » Thu Oct 6, 2011 2:37 am

Training camp in the NBA isn't like training camp in the NFL where not having it or having a short one really hurts. It's much shorter and most guys can do most of what they'd do with their coaches on their own.

It'll hurt the guys with bad work ethics and teams with new coaches, but I don't think we'll see massive effects across the board.

Return to The General Board