Kings vs Wizards - who will have brigther future?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

moximus
Banned User
And1: 1

Kings vs Wizards - who will have brigther future? 

Post#1 » by moximus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:23 am

The core for each team -

Kings:
- Tyreke Evans
- Jimmer Fredette
- Demarcus Cousins

Wizards:
- John Wall
- Jordan Crawford
- Javale McGee

Which team you think will have a brighter future in the next 3-5 years?
joeyAdaMan
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Re: Kings or Wizards, who will have better future? 

Post#2 » by joeyAdaMan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:27 am

kings have more potential(cousins+reke) but john wall is the best player with the highest ceiling and i trust him more
Volcano wrote:Kobe must the best at everything. He's faster than Westbrook and stronger than Dwight. He's taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins. Nothing you say is going to change their minds.
The Fax
Senior
And1: 33

Re: Kings or Wizards, who will have better future? 

Post#3 » by The Fax » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:35 am

Wall is going to be the best PG in the league in a couple seasons. Great PG's make everyone around them better. I don't see Fredette doing that and Tyreke at PG is disastrous. Wizards easily.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Re: Kings or Wizards, who will have brigther future? 

Post#4 » by dlts20 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:37 am

Wizards because the sleeper is Blatche who everyone thinks sucks but will start to beast and tip the scales big time in the Wiz favor
fast+forward
Junior
And1: 294

Post#5 » by fast+forward » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:38 am

Andray Blatche and Nick Young should factor into the wizards 'core' as well...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,646

Post#6 » by dockingsched » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:39 am

i'll go with the wiz cause john wall is the best of the bench and with the rest of that terrible core they're sure to get another top pick that can be a real part of the core.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#7 » by KGboss » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:40 am

I am a huge Wall fan, so I will go with them.
moximus
Banned User

Post#8 » by moximus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:44 am

As great as Rose was last season, his team didn't make a dent until Thib becomes the head coach and transform them to a defensive team.
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#9 » by SirHuey » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:46 am

Kings, Cousins >>>
moximus
Banned User

Post#10 » by moximus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:10 am

Reke and Cuz, 'nuff said
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#11 » by Elden Payton » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:16 am

moximus wrote:Reke and Cuz, 'nuff said

John Wall,'nuf said
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#12 » by mattg » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:46 am

as awesome as Wall is, I think Cousins has a higher ceiling. now if he reaches it is another matter. Also, I do think Jimmer/Evans is about as good of a fit as you can have for those 2 players, theyre the exact type of guy you'd want to pair the other with.
Pseudonym
Sixth Man
And1: 301

Post#13 » by Pseudonym » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:50 am

I'd go with the Wizards solely because of Wall. But the Kings have the higher ceiling. I think could be like the of Voltron on the team and prevent the other players around him from making the stupid plays/shots they regularly take.

Reke + Cousins have a long way to go before become truly effective players, Cousins especially.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#14 » by Elden Payton » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:53 am

mattg wrote:as awesome as Wall is, I think Cousins has a higher ceiling. now if he reaches it is another matter. Also, I do think Jimmer/Evans is about as good of a fit as you can have for those 2 players, theyre the exact type of guy you'd want to pair the other with.

What makes you think cousins has a higher ceiling than Wall???

That's a big statement...
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#15 » by KF10 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:55 am

I like John Wall but who is his main helper? I seriously pray that his future partner in crime isn't McGee or Blatche (or Young). Those guys are meh to be considered Wall's number two guy if you are looking to win.

For the Kings, you already have a duo in Evans/Cousins (a small and a big, specifically). And have pretty solid pieces around them in Thornton, Hickson, Jimmer, Thompson, Garcia, Dalembert?.

To me, the Wizards has more holes than the Kings in regards to players that's surrounding Wall.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#16 » by BruceO » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 am

I always see these discussions. The Op should adjust this thread so the core also includes Jan vesely. After all Jimmer is included yet Jimmer was drafted after vesely and as consistently rated behind him in all mocks.
vesely is part of the core. I think Wizards have a brighter future but I do covet cousins.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#17 » by Winsome Gerbil » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:43 am

BruceO wrote:I always see these discussions. The Op should adjust this thread so the core also includes Jan vesely. After all Jimmer is included yet Jimmer was drafted after vesely and as consistently rated behind him in all mocks.
vesely is part of the core. I think Wizards have a brighter future but I do covet cousins.

I think the full list is:

Wizards:
John Wall Age:21
Andray Blatche Age:25
Javale McGee Age:23
Jan Vessely Age: 21
Chris Singleton Age:21
Kevin Serpahin Age:21
Jordan Crawford Age: 22
Nick Young Age: 26 (too old actually, but I'll list him)

Kings:
Tyreke Evans Age:22
DeMarcus Cousins Age:21
Marcus Thornton Age:24
JJ Hickson Age:23
Jimmer Fredette Age:22
Jason Thompson Age:25
Donte Greene Age:23
Hassan Whiteside Age:22
Tyler Honeycutt Age:21

And I again take the Kings in that matchup. I've been jocking Wall since he was in high school, still love his potential. But I just do not see the help in the Wizards current crew of other young guys. Part of that is that I just no longer believe in Andray Blatche (and I'm not just saying that because I got burned taking him on my fantasy teams last year :P ). He's 25 years old now, has been in the league for 6 seasons, last year got to play with a PG who will run and set you up, and he still remains sloppy, dumb and inconssitent. At some point a guy just is what he's going to be.

And if you don't believe that Blatche is going to take some huge step froward heading into his 7th NBA season then waht are you left with? I know people like to harp on McGee's stupidity, but I like him as a roleplayer. But that's what he is, a roleplayer. That's what Vessely and Singelton are supposed to be too. Seraphin = who knows. A star would be a real shock though. And that basically leaves Crawford and Young, two guys who are pretty one dimensional. Crawford was a chucker who shot .390 last year. Young is not that young, and only does the one thing. You could probably say that they'll get enough scoring between them if they had another star in town, but as is they have that one dimensional good numbers on bad team sort of look. So basically I like Wall obviosuly, I like McGee as a roleplayer, and I actually kind of like Vessely and Singleton as prospects, or at least did in the draft. But all the guys Wall would be setting up or teaming with are one dimesnional or inefficient chuckers, and they aren't that young. Blatche and Young are old enough and have played long enough that they may just be what they are.

My feelings on Sacramento I already expressed in the other Kings v. Wolves future thread, but basically they've got two young potential major stars, and a guy who I think is seriously 20ppg in this league in Thornton. I'm not a huge Jimmer believer, but Hickson picked up his game the last half of last year (in fact averaged better numbers than Blatche after the All Star break), Thompson is a solid roleplayer and like the Vessely/Singleton group, I like the length and defensive roleplayer potential of Green, Honeycutt and Whiteside. I just think Wall is a bit alone over there with some potentially good roleplayers but no true wingmen, while the Kings have more young weapons.
moximus
Banned User

Re: Kings vs Wizards - who will have brigther future? 

Post#18 » by moximus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Reke Havok or John Wall, tough one
ShabazzMuhammad
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Kings vs Wizards - who will have brigther future? 

Post#19 » by ShabazzMuhammad » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:23 pm

REKE DMC.

vs.
Wallnick

tough one ... until you see the rest of the teams cores, then it becomes obvious that Sac will be better.
theboomking
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#20 » by theboomking » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:02 pm

mattg wrote:as awesome as Wall is, I think Cousins has a higher ceiling. now if he reaches it is another matter. Also, I do think Jimmer/Evans is about as good of a fit as you can have for those 2 players, theyre the exact type of guy you'd want to pair the other with.

Wall's ceiling is GOAT. He could be the the most athletic PG of all time with court vision as good as anyone currently playing. I'm not saying Wall will reach, or even approach his ceiling, but Cousins doesn't have GOAT potential at center, and thus, a significantly lower ceiling.

KF10 wrote:I like John Wall but who is his main helper? I seriously pray that his future partner in crime isn't McGee or Blatche (or Young). Those guys are meh to be considered Wall's number two guy if you are looking to win.

For the Kings, you already have a duo in Evans/Cousins (a small and a big, specifically). And have pretty solid pieces around them in Thornton, Hickson, Jimmer, Thompson, Garcia, Dalembert?.

To me, the Wizards has more holes than the Kings in regards to players that's surrounding Wall.

Wall's, "main helper", isn't on the team yet. If the Wizards ever field a championship team, McGee and Young aren't going to be amongst the best players. The 'Robin', to Wall's 'Batman', has yet to be drafted or signed.

That being said, If you are looking at teams whose best players are 21 or 22, I would say the team with the brighter future should have the best individual player, and the most cap room. That is the Wizards on both counts.

Return to The General Board