First Wade, now Mickey Arison...Stern grudge?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

JimmyJackson
Junior
And1: 104

First Wade, now Mickey Arison...Stern grudge? 

Post#1 » by JimmyJackson » Tue Nov 1, 2011 1:39 pm

First there's Wade's abrupt comments to Stern, then there's Mickey Arison's non-compliant response to a fan suggesting a disrupt within the owners. Is this going to just screw the Heat over in the near future in terms of winning championships with Stern holding a grudge against both parties....
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Re: First Wade, now Mickey Arison...Stern grudge? 

Post#2 » by Chosen01 » Tue Nov 1, 2011 1:42 pm

JimmyJackson wrote:First there's Wade's abrupt comments to Stern, then there's Mickey Arison's non-compliant response to a fan suggesting a disrupt within the owners. Is this going to just screw the Heat over in the near future in terms of winning championships with Stern holding a grudge against both parties....
Yes.At least that's what you hope will happen right?
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,527

Post#3 » by ropjhk » Tue Nov 1, 2011 1:49 pm

At the very least Heat fans will have an automatic argument against ref bias accusations. However they won't have any ground to stand on if they feel that the refs screw them over because people could always counter that they benefited in 2006 when Mark Cuban was the target of Stern's ire.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Nov 1, 2011 1:50 pm

Arisson knows better. They were warned not to speak publically.

You dont get as rich as Arison if you are stupid. Obviously Arison had an agenda,

Reports that I've seen said other owners came to Stern & demanded a huge fine. The fine is one of the highest for an individual.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#5 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Nov 1, 2011 1:52 pm

ropjhk wrote:At the very least Heat fans will have an automatic argument against ref bias accusations. However they won't have any ground to stand on if they feel that the refs screw them over because people could always counter that they benefited in 2006 when Mark Cuban was the target of Stern's ire.

notice how Cuban disappeared during this year's Finals. He learned his lesson
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Stills12
Lead Assistant
And1: 380

Post#6 » by Stills12 » Tue Nov 1, 2011 1:52 pm

Or maybe he just ignores Wade, fines the owner (which he did) and moves on to worry about things people at his age worry about..

Too Normal?
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#7 » by Chosen01 » Tue Nov 1, 2011 2:09 pm

Still Desi wrote:Or maybe he just ignores Wade, fines the owner (which he did) and moves on to worry about things people at his age worry about..

Too Normal?

NO WAY!
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#8 » by Hallstar » Tue Nov 1, 2011 2:56 pm

Still Desi wrote:Or maybe he just ignores Wade, fines the owner (which he did) and moves on to worry about things people at his age worry about..

Too Normal?

strokes?
mr cranky pants
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#9 » by mr cranky pants » Tue Nov 1, 2011 2:59 pm

Stern just has his Depends in a twist
overpaid
Junior
And1: 0

Post#10 » by overpaid » Tue Nov 1, 2011 3:03 pm

Too Normal?
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#11 » by Vertical Limit » Tue Nov 1, 2011 3:32 pm

lol that fine barely scratched Arison. Arison is one of the best owners in sports and he's with the fans, he wants the season to start NOW. He's not making any arguments or any demands, he is one of the few owners trying to get a deal done already.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,145

Post#12 » by druggas » Tue Nov 1, 2011 3:41 pm

Good for Stern. Just goes to show that the NBA is bigger than any player or owner.
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#13 » by gei » Tue Nov 1, 2011 3:47 pm

JimmyJackson wrote:First there's Wade's abrupt comments to Stern, then there's Mickey Arison's non-compliant response to a fan suggesting a disrupt within the owners. Is this going to just screw the Heat over in the near future in terms of winning championships with Stern holding a grudge against both parties....

Conspiracy theorists will spew nonsense like this every time the Heat lose a game. In reality it of course makes no difference whatsoever.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#14 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Nov 1, 2011 4:13 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:lol that fine barely scratched Arison. Arison is one of the best owners in sports and he's with the fans, he wants the season to start NOW. He's not making any arguments or any demands, he is one of the few owners trying to get a deal done already.

That's because a new CBA has the potential to hurt his team.
BBall_IQ
Junior
And1: 76

Post#15 » by BBall_IQ » Tue Nov 1, 2011 4:20 pm

gei wrote:

Conspiracy theorists will spew nonsense like this every time the Heat lose a game. In reality it of course makes no difference whatsoever.

Kinda hypocritical when most fans rooting against the Heat have been using the ref excuse to make themselves feel better... Now the tables have turned and the Heat fans can't say it? So much ignorance...
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#16 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Tue Nov 1, 2011 4:20 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:lol that fine barely scratched Arison. Arison is one of the best owners in sports and he's with the fans, he wants the season to start NOW. He's not making any arguments or any demands, he is one of the few owners trying to get a deal done already.

That's because a new CBA has the potential to hurt his team.

So does the luxury tax.

I'll give you 1 guess which owner actually first proposed the idea of the luxury tax.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,544

Post#17 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Nov 1, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm sure Stern has a deep grudge against the franchise that is pushing the NBA towards the best momentum the league's had in its history.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#18 » by NashtyNas » Tue Nov 1, 2011 5:48 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:

I'm sure Stern has a deep grudge against the franchise that is pushing the NBA towards the best momentum the league's had in its history.

A little off topic here, but where has your social spending taken you exactly? Care to explain? Because I enjoy my free healthcare and so does my neighbour who has a few semi-serious illness' that need regular doctor care and medication.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,544

Post#19 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Nov 1, 2011 6:14 pm

sd1306 wrote:
A little off topic here, but where has your social spending taken you exactly? Care to explain? Because I enjoy my free healthcare and so does my neighbour who has a few semi-serious illness' that need regular doctor care and medication.

I post mainly on two boards, general NBA discussion and Current Affairs.

On the Current Affairs board is a Canadian right winger who makes threads every day denouncing attempts by the Democrats to create a universal health care system in the US.

The question is a sarcastic jibe at this individual in which I wonder why he spends so much time denouncing the US far more modest levels of social spending (social spending is an abbreviation for govt. social welfare spending) while never making a comment or thread about the fact his country has a single payer health care system.

I would love for the US to have Canada's social welfare state and parliamentary government.

Canada > US when it comes to how it takes care of its citizens.
Litany
Assistant Coach
And1: 816

Post#20 » by Litany » Tue Nov 1, 2011 6:17 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:
sd1306 wrote:

I post mainly on two boards, general NBA discussion and Current Affairs.

On the Current Affairs board is a Canadian right winger who makes threads every day denouncing attempts by the Democrats to create a universal health care system in the US.

The question is a sarcastic jibe at this individual in which I wonder why he spends so much time denouncing the US far more modest levels of social spending (social spending is an abbreviation for govt. social welfare spending) while never making a comment or thread about the fact his country has a single payer health care system.

I would love for the US to have Canada's social welfare state and parliamentary government.

Canada > US when it comes to how it takes care of its citizens.

Go to Canada then?

Return to The General Board