yardbarker

Shaq keeps it going

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin, Flash3

Post#1 Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:07 am by snaquille oatmeal

please end the lockout now :evil:

Shaq wrote:"I’m not sure if Kobe is going to listen to Mike Brown," O'Neal wrote. "LeBron never really did. Here’s what we do know: Kobe will definitely be in charge.... "

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/11/shaquille-oneal-doubts-kobe-bryant-will-listen-to-mike-brown.html
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
snaquille oatmeal

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 445

Post#2 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:09 am by ninjabelly

shaq needs to stop talking already, your time's up, let it go..
ninjabelly
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:11 am by bluefear

mike brown seems beta as hell

but it must be nice getting paid to watch the lakers every day lol
bluefear
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#4 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:12 am by redbak

Shaq is providing me with more entertainment than the nba right now. oh wait...
redbak
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#5 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:14 am by Lattimer

ninjabelly wrote:shaq needs to stop talking already, your time's up, let it go..

He's here to stay, like it or not. He's part of TNT now.

Frankly, he makes me laugh.
Lattimer
Analyst
And1: 386

Post#6 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:30 am by ninjabelly

JazzD15 wrote:
ninjabelly wrote:shaq needs to stop talking already, your time's up, let it go..

He's here to stay, like it or not. He's part of TNT now.

Frankly, he makes me laugh.

im fine with that, but he keeps throwing shots at kobe and in my opinion it just makes him look immature, kobe let it go and is being mature about it but shaq is breaking ties with every guy he's ever played with..
ninjabelly
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#7 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:32 am by Miamis3rdRing

In another passage, O'Neal wrote: "Somehow Kobe and I made it through the rest of the [2003-04 season] without any major issues. BShaw managed to get us back on track. It’s kind of funny when you think about it. All of these supposed Lakers leaders who care so much about the franchise, all these Lakers legends, none of them ever had the courage to say anything to Kobe and me. Not Kareem, not Magic, not Mitch Kupchak, none of them. Only Brian Shaw took us on. Yet when the Lakers job came up in 2011 they didn’t give Brian Shaw a chance by looking right past him. Go figure."

Damn.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 129

Post#8 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:37 am by NyCeEvO

coolstorybro wrote:
In another passage, O'Neal wrote: "Somehow Kobe and I made it through the rest of the [2003-04 season] without any major issues. BShaw managed to get us back on track. It’s kind of funny when you think about it. All of these supposed Lakers leaders who care so much about the franchise, all these Lakers legends, none of them ever had the courage to say anything to Kobe and me. Not Kareem, not Magic, not Mitch Kupchak, none of them. Only Brian Shaw took us on. Yet when the Lakers job came up in 2011 they didn’t give Brian Shaw a chance by looking right past him. Go figure."

Damn.

His name is Jimmy Buss, Shaq.
NyCeEvO
RealGM
And1: 1,138

Post#9 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 12:56 am by ThreeYearPlan

what exactly made Brian Shaw a good choice for head coach?
ThreeYearPlan
Lead Assistant

Post#10 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:03 am by JellosJigglin

ThreeYearPlan wrote:what exactly made Brian Shaw a good choice for head coach?

Read Shaq's quote. Laker fans have already known about Shaw's leadership abilities ever since he was a teammate of Shaq and Kobe's. That story is true and well known among Laker fans. Shaw was the only guy in that locker room that earned the respect of both Kobe and shaq. He's been a champion as both a player and a coach. He was being groomed for the position by Phil Jackson for the last few years. With Kobe on the tail end of his career, it seemed logical for the Laker organization to shoot for a smooth transition rather than a complete overhaul. Kobe had already endorsed him. The reason he wasn't hired is because the Lakers are now being run by a man who trains horses.
:evil: THEY WILL PAY FOR THEIR BASKETBALL REASONS :evil:
JellosJigglin
General Manager
And1: 1,158

Post#11 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:08 am by Imadogg

**** Jim Buss.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 249

Post#12 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:10 am by J-Rich-

Shaq is a has been attention whore and now the only way the media talks about him is if he creates some controversy.
J-Rich-
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#13 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:17 am by Luigi

I wonder if Shaq realizes that if he had the work ethic of Karl Malone, there's no reason he' wouldn't be making all star games into his 50s. He'd still be relevant, and when he has something to say, people wouldn't roll their eyes at him not being able to let it go.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Luigi

Veteran
And1: 231

Post#14 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:22 am by Donald Kaufman

He's got books to sell, he's going to keep talking.
Donald Kaufman

General Manager
And1: 513

Post#15 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:30 am by notkobestan

at least im gonna buy his book, must be fun to read. and i didn't know shaw has that leadership role:O
notkobestan
Ballboy

Post#16 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:41 am by Donald Kaufman

I'm definitely going to buy it, that is if I don't read excerpts of the whole thing before it is released.
Donald Kaufman

General Manager
And1: 513

Post#17 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:42 am by Grits n Gravy

J-Rich- wrote:Shaq is a has been attention whore and now the only way the media talks about him is if he creates some controversy.
Zach Lavine #8
Grits n Gravy

Head Coach
And1: 339

Post#18 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:45 am by Canomad

im waiting for the day when chuck scoop slams shaq on inside the nba like he did twice durring his career. they are gonna come to near blows those two. big egos and big opinions.
Canomad
RealGM
And1: 16

Post#19 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 1:49 am by HomoSapien

I'm by no means a Kobe fan, but Shaq is getting annoying at this point. Still going to read his book though.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose
HomoSapien

Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 3,711

Post#20 Re: Shaq keeps it going
Fri Nov 4, 2011 2:05 am by Dr Pepper

I don't mind these quotes and quite frankly I like reading about the dynamics between coaches and players.

But tbh this quote didn't reveal anything extraordinary. I think most fans expect Kobe to continue to be the alpha dog and most fans already think Mike Brown as a joke of the league that can be easily pushed over.
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 261

Next

Return to The General Board