Amare having a tough time dealing w/ lockout

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ninjabelly
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Amare having a tough time dealing w/ lockout 

Post#81 » by ninjabelly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:04 am

lol@posters bashing each other over if amare will go broke :lol:
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,238

Post#82 » by Archerbro » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:06 am

High- Times wrote:"Take the yacht out?" These players are greedy mofo, they should get the same salary as the WNBA.

jealous? :-?
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,238

Post#83 » by Archerbro » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:07 am

Sky_Knicks wrote:
doozyj wrote:Amare will be one of the 90% athletes that go broke after their career's are over. Book it.

And when he "goes broke", he'll still have much more money than you :D
Sprewell- much more money than you.
Eddy Curry- much more money than you.
Iverson- Much more money than you.
Nicolas Cage- Much more money than you.
Hell....Mc Hammer- much more money than you.

I don't understand why people get so mad about this. Entertainers have talents we don't. Callin them stupid and uneducated will not change this. No reason to be jealous.

I think people don't understand-in some circumstances filing for bankruptcy will mean they have no money left (I.E. Antoine) but for others times-the person will still have more money than a middle class guy.
ninjabelly
Banned User

Post#84 » by ninjabelly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:08 am

doozyj wrote:Amare will be one of the 90% athletes that go broke after their career's are over. Book it.

this is based off?
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#85 » by Sky_Knicks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:10 am

Archerbro wrote:
Sky_Knicks wrote:

And when he "goes broke", he'll still have much more money than you :D
Sprewell- much more money than you.
Eddy Curry- much more money than you.
Iverson- Much more money than you.
Nicolas Cage- Much more money than you.
Hell....Mc Hammer- much more money than you.

I don't understand why people get so mad about this. Entertainers have talents we don't. Callin them stupid and uneducated will not change this. No reason to be jealous.

I think people don't understand-in some circumstances filing for bankruptcy will mean they have no money left (I.E. Antoine) but for others times-the person will still have more money than a middle class guy.

Exactly.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,683

Post#86 » by Nate505 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 am

I don't begrudge him at all for living it up. But from a PR perspective it's awful, especially when the average casual fan will wonder why he's upset about money being taken away from him when he's out there on a yacht, though in his defense I've never heard him complain about the owner's deal. But in the mind of the average person all players = the NBAPA.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,834

Post#87 » by GrandTheftRondo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:35 am

Wow what a shame. Instead he's sitting on a luxury yacht smoking a cigar and looking at NYC from a distance. I'd love to be where he was.
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#88 » by ennui » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:40 am

I personally think he's putting on one hell of a trolljob here.

Either way, I'm glad one of the best players of my favorite sport Is doing well for himself.

I'm comfortable working my 9-5, I realize it's not glamorous but that does not make me subject to irrational hatred or belittlement towards NBA players. These guys have honed their craft and perform in a results oriented workplace that demands tangible impact.

What I can't stand by is players like Mohammed and Thomas, who are definitively scrubs, crying woe is me while they collect paychecks largely disproportionate to their impact. I understand that they didn't sign themselves and it was the fault of the owners coupled with a broken system, but have some self awareness or tact.
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#89 » by Moochthemonkey » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:58 am

iDunk wrote:Stop **** hating on him. He's a baller, and we're an average citizen, that's life.

yeah, I like the part were being able to bounce a ball exceptionally well makes him so much better than people who work in schools in hospitals for a living... :roll:
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#90 » by ennui » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:00 am

Moochthemonkey wrote:
iDunk wrote:Stop **** hating on him. He's a baller, and we're an average citizen, that's life.

yeah, I like the part were being able to bounce a ball exceptionally well makes him so much better than people who work in schools in hospitals for a living... :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjective_theory_of_value

Educate yourself, brother.
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,731

Post#91 » by Mik317 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah **** him for living the life...he should just sit on his money and not use it to buy himself stuff he wants...or better yet give it all away to charity. Selfish ass thug.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#92 » by MemphisX » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:06 pm

The irony of people posting on message boards saying ball players have an over inflated value of themselves...

I am now searching for the teacher/doctor/police officer equivalent of RealGM. I am sure all of these posters who feel those professions have so much more value can shoot me a link.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
benjamink15
Pro Prospect
And1: 903

Post#93 » by benjamink15 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:23 pm

MemphisX wrote:The irony of people posting on message boards saying ball players have an over inflated value of themselves...

I am now searching for the teacher/doctor/police officer equivalent of RealGM. I am sure all of these posters who feel those professions have so much more value can shoot me a link.

This.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#94 » by JordansBulls » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 pm

dockingsched wrote:that amazing player PR machine just keeps chugging along...

http://twitter.com/#!/Amareisreal

About to take the Yacht out, then grab dinner tonight. Great way to spend my Sunday. I would rather play a game for the NYK right now.

gonna get a lot of sympathy there, poor guy would rather be playing.

Damn I'd rather be on a yacht as well.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 404

Amare having a tough time dealing w/ lockout 

Post#95 » by CKRT » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Wrong thread.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
doctorfunk
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#96 » by doctorfunk » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 pm

diablerouge wrote:the jealousy is obscene. i feel sorry for some of you. i really do. amar'e doesn't owe you sh-- and doesn't have to play "humble" to make you feel better. where was the thread on micky arisen talking about his yachts? his obligation to the knicks (and to fans, to a certain extent) is to get buckets and stay out of trouble.
ninjabelly
Banned User

Post#97 » by ninjabelly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Moochthemonkey wrote:

this is is so ridiculous; it's like saying the owners being able to do simple mathematics which anyone can do have helped them thrive in buisnesses which has granted them the luxury of being able to be wealthy and own teams.

edit: im not trying to say they're better people than them, but basketball players are more than average citizens honestly and are very select few.
Ditchweed
Starter
And1: 89

Post#98 » by Ditchweed » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Looks like Amare is going to have even a tougher time.
freshtrinity46
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#99 » by freshtrinity46 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 pm

MemphisX wrote:The irony of people posting on message boards saying ball players have an over inflated value of themselves...

Wow, what logic. So because there is no massive doctor, police, etc message board (btw, there are probably are, just not in the same capacity), that means a NBA player contributes far more to society than those professions? Or should be valued more?

You're overvaluing the fact that we're losers and dissect everything re: the association. It's an escape for us. But the players are forgetting there's a lot of competition out there for our attention and dollars. Other sports, music, life, etc...Once this is all over and a ton of fans are lost and the league is hurt, the players will be screwed over even more in the next cba.

BTW, all the other sports have massive message boards too, yet the NBA already had the most favorable deal. The NFL example has already been beaten to death. A quick random google search and I found a thread about a ton of fans having WNBA withdrawl during their offseason. So stop the madness. The players aren't curing cancer.

Return to The General Board