What's stopping Miami from trading Lebron for Dwight?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

jefe
General Manager
And1: 634

Re: What's stopping Miami from trading Lebron for Dwight? 

Post#101 » by jefe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Cojones, or lack thereof
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#102 » by Mamba Venom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Sark wrote:Because Lebron is better than Dwight.

Dwight is way better fit for Miami than LeBron is.

And I think the 3 time DPOY and best C in the league would guarantee not 1, not but at least 3 chips and more importantly - change the identity of the Heat.

LeBron attracts M Miller, Dwight would attract a cheap Arenas for bench scoring. Basically the Heat would have twin towers (like the Spurs did in their 1st chips) and what that killer SG/C combo (like the Shaq-Kobe Lakers did).

Sounds like a plan!
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
BSM
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#103 » by BSM » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:03 pm

AmareNY wrote:Heat fans crak me up, Howard is a much better fit with Wade then LeJudius. Heck he can he even cover up for RuPaul soft inside game.

I'm a Cavs fan and I'll tell you that you're a **** idiot.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#104 » by MaliBrah » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:08 pm

AmareNY wrote:Heat fans crak me up, Howard is a much better fit with Wade then LeJudius. Heck he can he even cover up for RuPaul soft inside game.

rupauls soft inside game is just as good as amare's btw. Knicks fan crack me up too btw
MCMLXXXIII
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#105 » by MCMLXXXIII » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Wade & Lebron aren't going anywhere, it's Bosh who is basically auditioning for his job this year. If they fail to win the championship this year then he's G-O-N-E. We'll ship his ass to the Bucks for Andrew Bogut. :D
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#106 » by fishfuego. » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Funny thread.

The Heat was able to get Lebron and Bosh at a time they were FAs. If Howard would have been a FA at the same time with Lebron and Bosh, then it would have been Lebron, Howard and Wade. But because Howard was NOT a FA, then is a moot point.

How many Championships do the Heat wins with Howard and Wade? 0.

That's a fact.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#107 » by DefenseWins » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Because being 2 games away from a title and trading LeBron is an over reaction to the loss...
jefe
General Manager
And1: 634

Post#108 » by jefe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:20 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
How many Championships do the Heat wins with Howard and Wade? 0.

That's a fact.

No, it's not. It's actually the opposite of a fact, it's an opinion. How many Championships to the Heat have with Lebron and Howard? 0. That is a fact.
Stills12
Lead Assistant
And1: 380

Post#109 » by Stills12 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm

1. Trading away the best player in the league after he just signed with your team will ruin Miami Heat's perception among the players, coaches and fans. Especially since Lebron took so much sh*t just to join them.

2. It greatly decreases the chances of big FA's signing with the team in the future (regardless of how much you win with DWade and Howard if your GM can ship out a player of Lebron's caliber then others will definitely try to avoid signing with them).

3. Heat already went to the finals and were 2 games away from winning the championship in the first year, only a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) would think of giving up/altering the Miami Big 3 just after one year.
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#110 » by 360 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I think Wade + Howard would have a better shot at winning a title. You need that big+small dominance. Wade won it with Shaq and Zo, who individually were past their primes and limited to what they could contribute, but together they formed a very effective offensive/defensive force at that position. With Howard, I think it would be like having what Shaq and Zo brought him except for this time you'd have one dominant guy instead of two halves.
illiance
RealGM
And1: 507

Post#111 » by illiance » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:10 pm

I can't believe Heat fans are saying it's a bad idea because of loyalty. Yeah, because players sure are loyal to their teams. It's a business. Trading LeBron for Howard makes the Heat significantly better. Bron and Wade are basically the same player. They need an interior post presence. It would destroy other teams. Thank god they won't do it because they might not lose more than a couple games a year.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,078

Post#112 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:19 pm

illiance wrote:I can't believe Heat fans are saying it's a bad idea because of loyalty. Yeah, because players sure are loyal to their teams. It's a business. Trading LeBron for Howard makes the Heat significantly better. Bron and Wade are basically the same player. They need an interior post presence. It would destroy other teams. Thank god they won't do it because they might not lose more than a couple games a year.

Aren't Bulls fans the same ones complaining that nobody ever wants to come to Chicago? It'd be that times 10 for the Heat if they traded Wade or LeBron, and as already mentioned, not only would you upset the player being traded, and his agent, but you'd piss off the guy you didn't trade (and his agent) as well.

Sure, you might be a bit more successful... but your long term future would be sacrificed.

I guarantee if the Bulls had gotten Wade last year, and they had a chance to trade Rose for Howard, there would be a lot of Bulls fans hesitant to make the move, even though its the clear move to make.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#113 » by Chosen01 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 pm

illiance wrote:I can't believe Heat fans are saying it's a bad idea because of loyalty. Yeah, because players sure are loyal to their teams. It's a business. Trading LeBron for Howard makes the Heat significantly better. Bron and Wade are basically the same player. They need an interior post presence. It would destroy other teams. Thank god they won't do it because they might not lose more than a couple games a year.

It's one of the reasons why Wade and LeBron chose Miami over Chicago.LOYALTY.

They both talked about how the Heat are a family type organization.

That and Riley has too much pride to admit defeat and trade LeBRon.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,078

Post#114 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Chosen01 wrote:

Riley won't trade LeBron, too much pride.

Oh come on, don't start that up again.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#115 » by Chosen01 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:

Riley won't trade LeBron, too much pride.

Oh come on, don't start that up again.

Start what? That is part of the reason why LeBron chose Miami over Chicago because Riley preached the whole "family" speech,so for Riley to trade LeBron for Dwight would only make him look like a backstabber and would make megastars reluctant to join in the future.

http://crankuptheheat.net/the-three-kings-of-miami/
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0 ... 11,00.html

The organization considers itself a family, which is part of what attracted the superstars in the first place. I am talking, of course, about the Miami Heat

That would be the main thing stopping Riley from trading LeBron PLUS admitting defeat early like I said earlier.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#116 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Dwight may be DPOY, but Lebron is by far the more-versatile defender, and thus a much better fit for Spo's system.

Additionally, the notion that Wade+Dwight is better than Wade+Bron assumes you have those two on the court together. This is a fluid system, and Wade+Bron is way more versatile and productive than Wade+Dwight would be.

The Bulls won with versatile wings and a create-a-center. Miami's inefficient tandem was only #3 and #5 in scoring and defense. Dwight whines and gets techs and isn't lifting a Magic roster that isn't as bad as Cleveland's. I'm not even gonna talk about the obvious popularity landslide.

This isn't prime Shaq. Prime Dwight would struggle against Heat Shaq, and Heat Shaq was well into decline. Dwight isn't that good. Don't care who gets him now. Only thing that worried me was the Lakers getting him and CP3, but now that we're clear of those woods, I couldn't give two rips. I wouldn't trade Bron for the world. I would trade Wade first, and I would never trade Wade. We got two of the best players, and they're plenty capable of winning together. Moving pieces around on a chess board to satisfy some unproven formula is stupid and only kills the chemistry that was built.

We're gonna beat the best centers in the league this season, regardless of what wonderkind you team them with. Only trade I'd make for Dwight is Bosh. But Otis would be killed before he could leave town, even if Bosh if great. PEACE.
Wone
Banned User
And1: 34
Location: Jesus is coming for the Rapture of only his true believers. Be ready. Spread the news.

Post#117 » by Wone » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:Dwight may be DPOY, but Lebron is by far the more-versatile defender, and thus a much better fit for Spo's system.

Additionally, the notion that Wade+Dwight is better than Wade+Bron assumes you have those two on the court together. This is a fluid system, and Wade+Bron is way more versatile and productive than Wade+Dwight would be.

The Bulls won with versatile wings and a create-a-center. Miami's inefficient tandem was only #3 and #5 in scoring and defense. Dwight whines and gets techs and isn't lifting a Magic roster that isn't as bad as Cleveland's. I'm not even gonna talk about the obvious popularity landslide.

This isn't prime Shaq. Prime Dwight would struggle against Heat Shaq, and Heat Shaq was well into decline. Dwight isn't that good. Don't care who gets him now. Only thing that worried me was the Lakers getting him and CP3, but now that we're clear of those woods, I couldn't give two rips. I wouldn't trade Bron for the world. I would trade Wade first, and I would never trade Wade. We got two of the best players, and they're plenty capable of winning together. Moving pieces around on a chess board to satisfy some unproven formula is stupid and only kills the chemistry that was built.

We're gonna beat the best centers in the league this season, regardless of what wonderkind you team them with. Only trade I'd make for Dwight is Bosh. But Otis would be killed before he could leave town, even if Bosh if great. PEACE.

orlando had a higher defensive rating than the heat this season.

a team of:
howard
j rich
nelson
turkoglu
bass
reddick
ryan anderson
arenas
q rich
earl clark
malik allen

was the 3rd best defensive team this season. how is this possible? all because of one man diwht howard.

and also the mavericks averaged a higher offensive rating than the heat in the 6 games of this year's finals. the same mavericks team that only had the 8th best offense, lower than the 3rd ranked offense of the heat in the regular season. how? could it be that talent is not as important as fit or what? how could a dallas team that had only 1 superstar and the rest role players average a better offense than a heat team that had 2 superstars and another perennail all star? the answer is simple. it's because talent is not the end all be all to everything. chemistry and fit are arguably just as important. and it's not like dwight is some no talent no name. he's a top 5 player in the nba and the best center/defender as well. trading lebron for dwight is not an insult at all (strictly basketball wise, not personal/organization wise). dwight IS taht good of a player and more impactful to a team defensively than lebron could ever dream of.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#118 » by Wade2k6 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Trading Rose for LeBron makes the Bulls better, does that mean Chicago would do it? I highly doubt it. Same with the Lakers and Kobe. It's certainly about loyalty.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#119 » by Heat_team02 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Dwight Howard is a whistle magnet and it always seems to happen at the wrong time.

Needs more respect from the refs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#120 » by contract » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Anyone talking about "loyalty" simply has screwed up priorities. Teams have an obligation to put themselves in the best position to win it all. If that means trading away your own mother, then you do it. If mom loves you, she'll understand. If mom is a competitor, she'd do the same to you.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to The General Board