Samuel Dalembert is still a free agent. What gives?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Re: Samuel Dalembert is still a free agent. What gives? 

Post#21 » by inquisitive » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Didn't the Mavs had been rumored to have offered him a 1yr 20 mil deal over a week ago?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#22 » by The J Rocka » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:Detroit might have interest in him, he was vastly over paid on his last contract

Pistons need to roll with Monroe and dump Gordon & Charlie V so they can get a top 5 pick. They need to rebuild IMO. Draft a PF or SG.

Monroe
?
Daye
?
Knight
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#23 » by ropjhk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm

inquisitive wrote:Didn't the Mavs had been rumored to have offered him a 1yr 20 mil deal over a week ago?

what?
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#24 » by Guy986 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Dalembert's options at this point:

Houston
New Jersey
Detroit
Kings

Thats it. I think New Jersey is a decent fit + most money to offer. Didn't they express interest in moving Brook Lopez to PF? Dalembert is a very good front court complement to Lopez.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#25 » by Ming Kong! » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Guy986 wrote:Dalembert's options at this point:

Houston
New Jersey
Detroit
Kings

Thats it. I think New Jersey is a decent fit + most money to offer. Didn't they express interest in moving Brook Lopez to PF? Dalembert is a very good front court complement to Lopez.

Hell no, New Jersey is trying to land Dwight Howard, if they don't trade for him, they'll just sign him. Since they'll have money.
edquantum
Rookie
And1: 298

Post#26 » by edquantum » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Guy986 wrote:
inquisitive wrote:Which team was offering him a 1 yr 12mil deal?

I dont know but Kwame Brown got 1 year 7 million from GSW. Dalembert is worth 1 year 12 million.

He's not worth 12mil, he just can't defend the basket.
sefant77
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#27 » by sefant77 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:56 pm

inquisitive wrote:Didn't the Mavs had been rumored to have offered him a 1yr 20 mil deal over a week ago?

They offered Chandler this. When they got the Chandler TPE their target was a big one year contract for dalembert but then the Lakers called and their pulled within three hours the Odom trigger.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,653

Post#28 » by dockingsched » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 pm

he's not that good. no one wanted him when he was in philly at his price tag for yrs, then he goes to a terrible team in SAC and all of a sudden he's suppose to be worth that much again. teams weren't fooled.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#29 » by inquisitive » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 am

ropjhk wrote:

what?

There was a rumor on the net about that, but i really think he is only worth 5-6mil.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#30 » by Guy986 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 am

dockingsched wrote:he's not that good. no one wanted him when he was in philly at his price tag for yrs, then he goes to a terrible team in SAC and all of a sudden he's suppose to be worth that much again. teams weren't fooled.

Can you blame him or his agent for demanding that kind of money though. His stats compares favorably to Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol or Tyson Chandler.

And all of those guys are getting paid a ridiculous amount of money.

PER 36 minutes

Player A: 13.2ppg/ 7.9rpg/ 1.9bpg/ PER=16.8
Player B: 13.1ppg/ 12.1rpg/ 1.3bpg/ PER=18.4
Player C: 12ppg/ 12.2rpg/ 2.2bpg/ PER= 14.9
Player D: 10ppg/ 10.1rpg/ 2.5bpg/ PER= 14.8

Without looking it up, can you guess which one of these belong to Chandler, Jordan, Dalembert, Nene?
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#31 » by COY0607 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Are there even any contenders with money left to spend? I didn't think there was.

okc still have their full mle left, they should make a play for him- with Nazr Mohammed on his last year and perkins injury history
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#32 » by MitchSlapped » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 am

Once Portland and Boston get their DPEs for Roy and Green, Dalembert will sign with whichever team has the bigger DPE.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#33 » by Winsome Gerbil » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 am

Guy986 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:he's not that good. no one wanted him when he was in philly at his price tag for yrs, then he goes to a terrible team in SAC and all of a sudden he's suppose to be worth that much again. teams weren't fooled.

Can you blame him or his agent for demanding that kind of money though. His stats compares favorably to Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol or Tyson Chandler.

PER 36 minutes

Without looking it up, can you guess which one of these belong to Chandler, Jordan, Dalembert, Nene?

Yeah, that's the thing that has always puzzled me with Dalembert. So many detractors, yet he does exactly what all the Chandler/Haywood/Jordan type guys do and get lauded for, and really by the numbers does it better. And this myth he's not a good man defender is overblown too. Last year I saw him just give LaMarcus Aldridge absolute fits. Just completely tied him up with his length, and this was right in that stretch where Aldridge was just dominating everybody.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#34 » by Ballings7 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:06 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:
Nolan wrote:I'm guessing he wants a big payday. But the problem is there's no one left with cap space willing to pay him. He's going to have too settle for the MLE eventually.

I'm guessing this too. Ego writing checks taht nobody is willing to cash. What I'm really surprised about is Sacramento not bringing him back for a good payday. How can they play any interior defense without him? But then again they are always terrible defensively and never have shotblockers so maybe the problem there is just the front office.

This is true.

Sac's always been in a daze with passing and shooting, scoring, then defense and rebounding come second and anything that's there is just gravy. They were able to find a balance in 01-02/02-03, but before and after? Nah-uh, not too much.

Though the Kings were actually pretty damn good defensively after the Artest trade in late Jan. to the playoffs. Numbers and play on the court showed it.

Cousins should develop into a defensive presence, but, he still needs help and Hayes isn't the answer longer-term. But will be a solid veteran around the post.

I used to be really into them, but with their continued bias on offense and reminiscing on the Princeton offense, I've stepped away from their squad until they get where I like them to be. Tyreke Evans is a player that's the opposite of the past, and he's great to watch.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#35 » by Ballings7 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:09 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:
Guy986 wrote:

PER 36 minutes

Yeah, that's the thing that has always puzzled me with Dalembert. So many detractors, yet he does exactly what all the Chandler/Haywood/Jordan type guys do and get lauded for, and really by the numbers does it better. And this myth he's not a good man defender is overblown too. Last year I saw him just give LaMarcus Aldridge absolute fits. Just completely tied him up with his length, and this was right in that stretch where Aldridge was just dominating everybody.

Agreed. Dalembert's developed into a well-rounded defender, not a raw, gambling shotblocker for a little while now.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#36 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 am

The J Rocka wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:Detroit might have interest in him, he was vastly over paid on his last contract

Pistons need to roll with Monroe and dump Gordon & Charlie V so they can get a top 5 pick. They need to rebuild IMO. Draft a PF or SG.

Monroe
?
Daye
?
Knight

Agreed, but we either getting equally bad contracts or attaching picks, both of which we won't do. Amnesty i believe will be saved til next season. Hopefully Gordon will have a comeback year and increase his trade value. and CV will admit he sucks and just retire

As much as i am for tanking, Dumars and our new owner and coach isn't going to. we'll more than likely be at the 6-9 range again, unless Dumars signs or trades for a center like kaman that improves but doesn't take us over the top.

Our two biggest draft needs are at PF/C and SF. Daye at this point is a great player and scorer off the bench, i don't think he'll pan out as our future SF.
carmelo115
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#37 » by carmelo115 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:41 am

I think it's quite sad that we have players who are unsatisfied with the millions that they make. I guess we really are living in the last age.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#38 » by orangeparka » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:43 am

I'll be pissed if he ends up signing an MLE deal.
GoSixers1983
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#39 » by GoSixers1983 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:00 am

Dalembert used to drive me absolutely crazy when he played for the Sixers. I was so happy when we got rid of him. I did however get to play pickup basketball with him one time in the offseason and he was a really nice guy.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#40 » by HighRyzer83 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 am

HomieOmey wrote:Dalembert has never been valued for the stats he puts up, so there has to be more than most of us know going on behind the scenes. It's hard to imagine rebounds and blocks being considered empty stats, but he's always been considered overrated despite his numbers.

His blocking stats are negated by his incredibly low IQ. Dalembert is among leaders in goal tends and fouls per min. With 1.5 blocks per, team scouts are suggesting cost to benefit is in the negative.

Return to The General Board