Jeremy Lin Screamed at Amare/Melo

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Re: Jeremy Lin Screamed at Amare/Melo 

Post#41 » by poeman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:22 am

Lin brought this team back along with Baron Davis.

Amare's defense alone ruined this whole game for us. It was absolutely disgusting...Lin is going to be a big superstar...You could see him on that possession working that defense to make it impossible for that shot to go up
misterrunon
Senior
And1: 63

Post#42 » by misterrunon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 am

jeremy stopped and watched when he could have been active.. could have potentially chased the ball down. that's all im saying.
ahunterknight
Junior
And1: 4

Post#43 » by ahunterknight » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 am

poeman wrote:Lin brought this team back along with Baron Davis.

Amare's defense alone ruined this whole game for us. It was absolutely disgusting...Lin is going to be a big superstar...You could see him on that possession working that defense to make it impossible for that shot to go up

So let me guess Lin is the next Steve Nash and shumpert is the next wade not bad is Novak dirk to lol Knicks fans
cheolee
Junior
And1: 84

Post#44 » by cheolee » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:26 am

Lin played excellent defense and did his part on that last play.
He makes winning plays.
Amare and Melo on the other hand do not.
He had a right to be pissed.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,158

Post#45 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:28 am

SSSFreak wrote:Of all the Lin news I hear lately, this is the one I respect the most. Good on him.

+1.

Great to see leadership from a PG. Him and Chandler are very good for that team, Melo and Stoudemire just aren't that type of player.
hehsy5sy5
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by hehsy5sy5 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:28 am

ahunterknight wrote:maybe if lin learned how to not turn the ball over and learn how not to let every pg go off against him the knicks would probably win more games

ROFL actually can the mod ban this guy or something? I looked at his posts real quick, and every single one of his posts are on Jeremy Lin topics trying to troll and provoke people, ever since Linsanity start. It's kinda sad when no life kids try to troll and hate.
hehsy5sy5
Banned User

Post#47 » by hehsy5sy5 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:31 am

ahunterknight wrote:So let me guess Lin is the next Steve Nash and shumpert is the next wade not bad is Novak dirk to lol Knicks fans

ahunterknight wrote:i see him on tv everyday and im getting sick of it. Espn is riding his nuts hard and it is pissing me of. Dude is a turnover machine cant shoot and will be exposed pretty soon. whos with me. Also he cant go left why are teams not forcing him that way he has no left hand

KEEP GETTING MAD ROFL

OH wait...wait for it...this is why he's such a angry little kid all the time:

ahunterknight wrote:magic fan here idk how i feel about this why would dwight want to play with a 38 year old nash who has two years left in the league when he can just play with deron next year. If we make this deal and give up alot we are setting our self up for failure.
arsenic
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#48 » by arsenic » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:32 am

How quickly do mudaphukas forget?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMpLQCdmpNo[/youtube]

Someone remind Lin on who the **** Melo is.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#49 » by Miamis3rdRing » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:33 am

Big time Lin hater, but he's absolutely right to be mad. I'd be pissed off too.

He played excellent defense only to have the ball end up in a the hands of a Bucks player. That was atrocious boxing out.

You tell em' Jeremy!
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#50 » by poeman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:34 am

ahunterknight wrote:
poeman wrote:Lin brought this team back along with Baron Davis.

So let me guess Lin is the next Steve Nash and shumpert is the next wade not bad is Novak dirk to lol Knicks fans

Who said Shump is Wade and Novak is dirk...Go back to being a ballboy you tool
JF23
Junior

Post#51 » by JF23 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:40 am

The fail was strong in this play. Amare boxes Gooden out and yet fails to outjump him for the tip even with superior positioning. If he just kept up the box out and let the ball drop, it would have been an easy rebound off the floor. Melo completely loses track of his man and has no idea where he's supposed to be. He should be able to outjump Ilyasova no problem, nevermind boxing him out. His positioning behind Gooden makes it more likely that he'll commit a loose ball foul if anything.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#52 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:41 am

Wone wrote:the impact he has on a team's defense is pretty amazing.

the bobcats were the best defensive team in 2010 and made their first ever playoff appearance with tyson chandler in his lone year there.

What? Chandler was injured garbage that year and was benched in favor of Theo Ratliff and Nazr Mohammed. The dude was terrible for the Bobcats.

the new orleans hornets were on the verge of being contenders in '08, winning 56 games with chandler manning the paint and helping them to the 7th best defense.

Yes, but that success was mostly due to CP3, who probably deserved the MVP that year.

even this year the knicks were at one point the 5th best defensive team and now their defensive rating has dropped all the way to 9th, probably even lower after tonight's game against the bucks. all of this happening after chandler missing games.

And also due to the fact that the Knicks had played the easiest schedule in the league up until about a week ago and are only now starting to play better opponents.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#53 » by boogie-reke » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:47 am

GET EM J, GET EM!!
Wone
Banned User
And1: 34
Location: Jesus is coming for the Rapture of only his true believers. Be ready. Spread the news.

Post#54 » by Wone » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:48 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:

the bobcats were the best defensive team in 2010 and made their first ever playoff appearance with tyson chandler in his lone year there.

What? Chandler was injured garbage that year and was benched in favor of Theo Ratliff and Nazr Mohammed. The dude was terrible for the Bobcats.

he still played 51 games for them, averaging 22.8. it's not a surprise that after he leaves, the defense takes a huge hit. going from 1st in the league in 2010 to 17th in 2011.

the new orleans hornets were on the verge of being contenders in '08, winning 56 games with chandler manning the paint and helping them to the 7th best defense.

Yes, but that success was mostly due to CP3, who probably deserved the MVP that year.

i agree but chris paul was not the anchor for that team defensively, it was chandler which was the point i was trying to make.

even this year the knicks were at one point the 5th best defensive team and now their defensive rating has dropped all the way to 9th, probably even lower after tonight's game against the bucks. all of this happening after chandler missing games.

And also due to the fact that the Knicks had played the easiest schedule in the league up until about a week ago and are only now starting to play better opponents.

could be, i'm not sure what their strength of schedule was but i'll take your word for it.

all i'm saying is that chandler is a beast defensively, probably one of the 3 best defensive anchors in the game today and deserves a lot of credit for shaping the teams he's been on defensively and rightfully so.
Narcist
Rookie
And1: 129

Post#55 » by Narcist » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:07 am

Dallas realy does miss chandler..they did offer him a huge one year deal...Cuban just didn't want to give up on the 2012 free agency.
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach
And1: 758

Post#56 » by HeatFanSince87 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:16 am

Wasn't this team going to the ECFs 2 weeks ago?
Zane
Senior
And1: 80

Post#57 » by Zane » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 am

Wone wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:

he still played 51 games for them, averaging 22.8. it's not a surprise that after he leaves, the defense takes a huge hit. going from 1st in the league in 2010 to 17th in 2011.

i agree but chris paul was not the anchor for that team defensively, it was chandler which was the point i was trying to make.

could be, i'm not sure what their strength of schedule was but i'll take your word for it.

all i'm saying is that chandler is a beast defensively, probably one of the 3 best defensive anchors in the game today and deserves a lot of credit for shaping the teams he's been on defensively and rightfully so.

Tyson Chandlers defense in 51 games at 22 minutes a game did not make them number 1 in the league. Larry Brown had more to do with the Bobcats defense..
GlennQuagmire
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#58 » by GlennQuagmire » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:25 am

Lin plays some clutch defense forcing Jennings to attempt a 22 foot finger roll and his reward ends up being a uncontested follow back layup by Ilyasova.

Jeremy has every right to be ticked off.

Plus everytime I see a Jeremy Lin thread I think of that picture of that hot italian babe holding up a sign saying "Jeremy I Want You Lin-Side of me".........Alriiiiiiiiiight :P
Rallyks
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#59 » by Rallyks » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:25 am

Amare's defense is borderline disgusting.

but on this play, Melo messed up.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,406

Post#60 » by NapoleonII » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:29 am

Grown man move.

Melo isn't a leader.

Amare never was either - Nash or Hill were.

Lin is a winner playing with losers.

Return to The General Board