Jeremy Lin Screamed at Amare/Melo

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ronito
Lead Assistant
And1: 101

Re: Jeremy Lin Screamed at Amare/Melo 

Post#21 » by Ronito » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:33 am

Good for Lin. I respect that.
C-izMe
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#22 » by C-izMe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:34 am

He's just doing Tyson's job while he's gone.
andremcosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 454

Post#23 » by andremcosta » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:35 am

lol

Amare and Melo are so bad.

I laugh when I remember people saying that they were MUCH better than Lebron/Bosh and NY would just need another star like CP3 to be the best team in the world.

In a couple of months people will start blaming Lin for their close losses.
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#24 » by HSOB SIRHC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 am

It's amazing how there's a huge official Lin thread, yet this gets it's own.
Credit to Turbozone
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#25 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:39 am

HSOB SIRHC wrote:It's amazing how there's a huge official Lin thread, yet this gets it's own.

Ballboy's gonna ballboy
SSSFreak
Lead Assistant
And1: 854

Post#26 » by SSSFreak » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:42 am

Of all the Lin news I hear lately, this is the one I respect the most. Good on him.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,451

Post#27 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:48 am

OK am I missing something here? That video showed absolutely nothing. Maybe a quick half of a second of him throwing his arms around, not even facing either Melo or Amare....
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,932

Post#28 » by Ice Trae » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:51 am

What a boss. I wish there was someone on Atlanta like that....
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#29 » by qm22 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:52 am

Well it is funny the majority of people blamed Amar'e when he was with his man following the initial direction of the miss was Gooden and Ilyasova was left completely unguarded. The guy has a reputation as a bad rebounder but he was tied for the game high in rebounds (11) and the ball was rebounded by someone else's man and he gets bashed for it.

I guess people are more interested in the fact that Lin yelling at "stars" is dramatic and make all judgments based on prior bias. I think it would be more informative if someone discussed why Melo was playing as a power forward in that line up and why he left to help on Gooden.

As for Lin yelling, it would be stupid to read into it. Guys yell all the time on missed rebounds in all levels of basketball regardless of fault, and there is about .4 seconds showing him get pissed in the direction of both Amar'e and Melo. It's usually a common basketball event in these circumstances, so why attempt to see drama in it?
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#30 » by qm22 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:55 am

Wone wrote:
RutgersBJJ wrote:Lots of uninformed people in this thread. There is only 1 leader on the Knicks. The giant 7 foot man sitting on the bench. The leader who asked to be dressed because he wanted to sit with his teammates, not in a suit at the end of the bench.

Knicks give up like 93 ppg with Chandler in the game, 115+ past two games without him. DPOY runner up right there.

Amar'e is just pathetic. He got bent over on the boards tonight. On the boards he is a cuckold. Likes to watch his balls get dominated.

tyson chandler is so damn good. with him the mavs were on pace to win 68 games last season (24-5 start) until they got hit with all the injuries.

I think he looks good because of his role on the Knicks and was a good role player for the mavs but not an amazing player (remember Bobcats Chandler?).
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#31 » by inquisitive » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:55 am

dont think he was yelling at them...maybe just screaming that the knicks pretty much blew a good chance there.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
ahunterknight
Junior
And1: 4

Post#32 » by ahunterknight » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:56 am

maybe if lin learned how to not turn the ball over and learn how not to let every pg go off against him the knicks would probably win more games
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#33 » by Fury » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:58 am

ahunterknight wrote:maybe if lin learned how to not turn the ball over and learn how not to let every pg go off against him the knicks would probably win more games

When he had 7 turnovers or whatever a game, they were undefeated. He barely turned the ball over much this game and defended Jennings well. Maybe if you watched the games, you'd have a better opinion.
ahunterknight
Junior
And1: 4

Post#34 » by ahunterknight » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 am

Fury wrote:
ahunterknight wrote:maybe if lin learned how to not turn the ball over and learn how not to let every pg go off against him the knicks would probably win more games

When he had 7 turnovers or whatever a game, they were undefeated. He barely turned the ball over much this game and defended Jennings well. Maybe if you watched the games, you'd have a better opinion.

i did watch the game he turned the ball over in crucial moments. i cant believe how people defend lin turnovers and his inability to defend. When westbrook gets 5 turnovers people be bashing him
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#35 » by Fury » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:04 am

When did he turn the ball over in the 4th quarter? I don't remember any. And Jennings was shutdown in the 4th, the ****. You weren't watching.
Wone
Banned User
And1: 34
Location: Jesus is coming for the Rapture of only his true believers. Be ready. Spread the news.

Post#36 » by Wone » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 am

qm22 wrote:
Wone wrote:
RutgersBJJ wrote:Lots of uninformed people in this thread. There is only 1 leader on the Knicks. The giant 7 foot man sitting on the bench. The leader who asked to be dressed because he wanted to sit with his teammates, not in a suit at the end of the bench.

Knicks give up like 93 ppg with Chandler in the game, 115+ past two games without him. DPOY runner up right there.

Amar'e is just pathetic. He got bent over on the boards tonight. On the boards he is a cuckold. Likes to watch his balls get dominated.

tyson chandler is so damn good. with him the mavs were on pace to win 68 games last season (24-5 start) until they got hit with all the injuries.

I think he looks good because of his role on the Knicks and was a good role player for the mavs but not an amazing player (remember Bobcats Chandler?).

the impact he has on a team's defense is pretty amazing.

the bobcats were the best defensive team in 2010 and made their first ever playoff appearance with tyson chandler in his lone year there.

the new orleans hornets were on the verge of being contenders in '08, winning 56 games with chandler manning the paint and helping them to the 7th best defense.

even this year the knicks were at one point the 5th best defensive team and now their defensive rating has dropped all the way to 9th, probably even lower after tonight's game against the bucks. all of this happening after chandler missing games.
Chicago-n
Rookie
And1: 35

Post#37 » by Chicago-n » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:11 am

Like a boss.
C-izMe
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#38 » by C-izMe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:11 am

Fury wrote:When did he turn the ball over in the 4th quarter? I don't remember any. And Jennings was shutdown in the 4th, the ****. You weren't watching.

He had two towards the end of the fourth if I remember correctly.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 790

Post#39 » by Ito » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:15 am

amare plays better at center but his defense still sucks
hehsy5sy5
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#40 » by hehsy5sy5 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:20 am

Fury wrote:

Don't fall for the bait from the tryhard troll who didn't even watch the game, tell him to stfu instead. He's bagging on Lin who had a great game shooting 20 pts/13 assists on 8-15 FG% and 4 steals and 5 TO(all of the TO coming from good agressive plays, and mostly cause people have butterfingers), while shutting down Jennings in the 2nd half with great D. Like what more can you want? 30 pts/20 assists with 10 steals and 0 TO then people will be happy or what? The only TO i recalled late in the game was Amare letting the ball slip from his hands at the end of the 4th.

And everyone has a burst of emotion, and I'm glad Lin is one of the few people still playing with heart on that team. All the "super-stars" seem to not care that much half the time.

Return to The General Board