@@@@@@@@

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Omar CominYo
Banned User
And1: 21

Re: Do you think Brittney Griner can compete in the NBA? 

Post#141 » by Omar CominYo » Tue Apr 3, 2012 4:19 am

why are women so horrible at dunking? Like pretty much none of them can dunk at all unless they're at least 7 feet tall, and trying their hardest and even then they only get like 6 inches off the ground
BBgun
Analyst
And1: 1,210

Post#142 » by BBgun » Tue Apr 3, 2012 4:40 am

Storm Surge wrote:
hollabackitsobi wrote:A WNBA All-Star team would lose 9 out of 10 times against Oak Hill Academy. The only reason they wouldn't struggle against just a typical high school boys' team is due to them probably just having better shooting.

WNBA All-Stars vs. a D-I college team would be a complete laugher. 30-40 point win. NBA? 50-60.

oh really?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqcLQTEDZw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

This video is obviously fake....Sebastian Telfair hit two jumpshots.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#143 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 5:12 am

They put WNBA players in the celebrity game with old retired veteran nba players
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 739

Post#144 » by tonyreyes123 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 5:20 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:They put WNBA players in the celebrity game with old retired veteran nba players

This
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
Baren Davids
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#145 » by Baren Davids » Tue Apr 3, 2012 5:31 am

Omar CominYo wrote:why are women so horrible at dunking? Like pretty much none of them can dunk at all unless they're at least 7 feet tall, and trying their hardest and even then they only get like 6 inches off the ground

You serious?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#146 » by skones » Tue Apr 3, 2012 6:22 am

I'm certain anyone here with decent size and ability could make things very difficult on Griner. At 6'4, I think I could make things very difficult on her without trying too hard.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,586

Post#147 » by Sofia » Tue Apr 3, 2012 6:36 am

RLakh23 wrote:I'm not acting... I put my work stop. Come find me meet mine...I'm tired of u lil poi--sssies

and its not common sense, we are talking about women playing with men and u freaks come talking shat ..

I'm a monster

Yeah, you say where and when and I'll be there. I'll even let you hit me before I know who you are. Just walk up and hit me in the back of the head. I'm the guy with brown shoes.
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
Lasers
Ballboy

Post#148 » by Lasers » Tue Apr 3, 2012 6:36 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxqeTnNo9M[/youtube]
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#149 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Apr 3, 2012 6:44 am

She is a center right? - If she is a big then the answer is clearly NO
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
BBgun
Analyst
And1: 1,210

Post#150 » by BBgun » Tue Apr 3, 2012 6:55 am

Lasers wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxqeTnNo9M[/youtube]

almost as bad as the Nate Robinson era of NBA dunk comps.
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#151 » by JLei » Tue Apr 3, 2012 6:57 am

Never say never. It would take like the Olympic Gold Medalist in track and field type athlete with the skills of a Diana Taurasi.

Something like 2000 Marion Jones with a ton of basketball PG skills and playing with men her entire life.

It could happen but I would doubt it. But there are world class female athletes in the world that athletically wouldn't be outclassed in the NBA. Combining that with actual basketball skill is something that I don't see happening any time soon.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#152 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 7:02 am

^youtube video says it all
batmana
Sixth Man
And1: 1,424

Post#153 » by batmana » Tue Apr 3, 2012 7:17 am

First of all, no to Brittney Griner.

If it ever happens, it would be a bench warmer PG who plays only in garbage time, who would possess sick skills (like Cappie Pondexter from that video) - basically best female PG or up there. At least in garbage time they won't play rough on her and it won't be Iggy and Shumpert (as someone said earlier) defending her, it would be Chris Duhon. They could do it even now as the WNBA spans over 4-5 months when there is virtually no NBA so if someone wanted to do it for publicity, they could sign Cappie for a season, scrimmage with her and put her in at the end of a blowout. Female players don't make anywhere near the money men make so she could do it for the money and for the publicity.

In a hypothetical men v. women match the men won't even need to shoot from the outside. Even a WNBA all-star selection wouldn't be able to stay with men on the dribble, let alone physically defend their position. On offense women wouldn't get a clean look, I absolutely believe the guy who said about the game where 16-year-old boys weren't allowed to block the women's shots. NBA players (any NBA players, even the slowest most non-physical guards) would block every woman's shot at will.

I have been watching the WNBA every now and then, Pondexter and Deanna Nolan probably had the best handles and would be able to advance the ball (doubt they could do it if pressured though) in the NBA, I seriously doubt it that if an NBA player picked them early they would be able to get seperation for a shot.

Forget about a woman in the NBA in a physical position, I don't even need to explain that.
88.0 FGA Team
C - Gilmore (81-82)/McHale
PF - Rodman (91-92)/McHale (87-88)
SF - Worthy (85-86)/Rodman/Ariza
SG - Miller (93-94)/Ariza (08-09)/Dragic
PG - Johnson (88-89)/Dragic (09-10)
Kironte
Senior
And1: 9

Post#154 » by Kironte » Tue Apr 3, 2012 8:25 am

RLakh23 wrote:
Muggsy Bogues wrote:
YamiRain wrote:I gotta say it, Sexists.

Wrong. The reason we're all saying that no woman has the physical prowess to play in the NBA is that no woman has ever demonstrated the physical ability to do so. That's not sexism, it's common sense.

Have u seen women body builders....

FCUK OUTTA HERRE

Also funny how you idiots just read the title then hit quick reply. It's people like you who make fun of others in return I'll FCUK your world up with hate...

Try me; give me ur address.... I bet we make a scary movie

doctorfunk
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#155 » by doctorfunk » Tue Apr 3, 2012 8:36 am

I don't think there is/was a woman player that could compete in the NBA yet;

but it is possible;
6-1/6-2 with like about 11s/100m time(would be better than most in the NBA or somewhere in that Nate Robinson territory); world class athlete with skills like Steve Nash; she would be quick enough to be a good point guard. On other positions it would be harder since men have massive strength advantage. Maybe there will be that 1 in millions women player someday.
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,885

Post#156 » by Ice Trae » Tue Apr 3, 2012 8:37 am

RLakh23 wrote:Come see me...

Exit 164 I85 Chevron Ask for David

Azuresou1

http://www.justin.tv/azuresou1/following

FCUK OUTTA HEERRRE

and no your just trying to be a ick

I have a great life... I sale gas for a living.... Find your resources Straight

GOAT post :bowdown:
Sweetmelon
Senior

Post#157 » by Sweetmelon » Tue Apr 3, 2012 8:44 am

doctorfunk wrote:I don't think there is/was a woman player that could compete in the NBA yet;

but it is possible;
6-1/6-2 with like about 11s/100m time(would be better than most in the NBA or somewhere in that Nate Robinson territory); world class athlete with skills like Steve Nash; she would be quick enough to be a good point guard. On other positions it would be harder since men have massive strength advantage. Maybe there will be that 1 in millions women player someday.

People always say that a woman might be good at the PG position just because PG's tend to be the shortest position in height but I disagree. PG's take a lot of hard fouls and most are actually pretty wirey, strong, and quick. Just because someone is shorter than the 6'8"-7' guy doesn't make them weaker in strength. Height is way overrated when it comes to strength you can see this all the time in other sports such as MMA where big tall guys get laid out fast by short stocky guys.
doctorfunk
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#158 » by doctorfunk » Tue Apr 3, 2012 8:54 am

Sweetmelon wrote:
doctorfunk wrote:I don't think there is/was a woman player that could compete in the NBA yet;

but it is possible;

People always say that a woman might be good at the PG position just because PG's tend to be the shortest position in height but I disagree. PG's take a lot of hard fouls and most are actually pretty wirey, strong, and quick. Just because someone is shorter than the 6'8"-7' guy doesn't make them weaker in strength. Height is way overrated when it comes to strength you can see this all the time in other sports such as MMA where big tall guys get laid out fast by short stocky guys.

it's harder for them to exploit that strength advantage; only a handful of PGs post up, on other positions(wings, pf/c) you will get abused instantly in the post if you are weaker/shorter.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#159 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:14 am

I have another story just to show how ridiculous OP's assumption is. Williams sisters, age 21-22, playing an exho against a former noname tennis pro, who was in his 40's i believe. The sisters were in their athletic prime, and actually, a tennis peak starts at really early, usually right at the age of 21, or 22, with women, even earlier, so they were really good players by then, both Grand Slam winners i believe. So, ex noname tennis pro, in his 40's, actually smoked during breaks (seriously) and he handed the Williams sisters' behind in an empathic fashion.

Don't remember the scores from the story, but i think it was something like 6-1 6-1, or maybe even a bagel. Of course that's a highly skill oriented sport, but you get the idea. Women can't compete with men, in any sport, don't wanna be a sexist, but not even in non-physical sport, like driving, chess, curling, darts, pool, anything, really. They can't, it's just evolution, and nothing shameful about it on their part. Sport is just not their thing compared to men.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#160 » by JayMKE » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:22 am

Nope. I've never seen a women that possesses the size and athleticism to even come close to compete a grown male athlete, Griner isn't it. I think she could probably compete with the boys on a high school level however.
FREE GIANNIS

Return to The General Board