@@@@@@@@

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Re: Do you think Brittney Griner can compete in the NBA? 

Post#161 » by Indy2thaWindy » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:31 am

RLakh23, how you know about Razor?
RLakh23
Starter
And1: 0

Post#162 » by RLakh23 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:35 am

I have a large signal
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User

Post#163 » by Indy2thaWindy » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:40 am

They Westside. Forget the Westside. Eastside's where it's at.
alb_mod
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#164 » by alb_mod » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:40 am

TOPIC OF THE CENTURY
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then 179 points with 138 shoots happened.” - Al Horford
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,222

Post#165 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:41 am

RLakh23 wrote:I have a large signal

But a small brain. :wink:
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User

Post#166 » by Indy2thaWindy » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:43 am

BRIGHTWOOD!
RLakh23
Starter

Post#167 » by RLakh23 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:51 am

that right, blame it on the c-h-e-m-i-c-a-l-s
dundlenut
Junior
And1: 1

Do you think Brittney Griner can compete in the NBA? 

Post#168 » by dundlenut » Tue Apr 3, 2012 9:56 am

Hell no !
GloriaJames
Banned User

Post#169 » by GloriaJames » Tue Apr 3, 2012 10:18 am

This thread is **** disgusting. A bunch of ignorant men talking about something they know nothing about. 12 pages of misogyny. Why did I even read it?
Kironte
Senior
And1: 9

Post#170 » by Kironte » Tue Apr 3, 2012 10:27 am

GloriaJames wrote:This thread is **** disgusting. A bunch of ignorant men talking about something they know nothing about. 12 pages of misogyny. Why did I even read it?

JK, but please illuminate us, ignorant fools, with the light of your profound knowledge
GloriaJames
Banned User

Post#171 » by GloriaJames » Tue Apr 3, 2012 10:44 am

Kironte wrote:
GloriaJames wrote:This thread is **** disgusting. A bunch of ignorant men talking about something they know nothing about. 12 pages of misogyny. Why did I even read it?

JK, but please illuminate us, ignorant fools, with the light of your profound knowledge

What's there to say? This thread is chock full of unsubstantiated claims from a bunch of dudes who don't really know how basketball is played. Are men inherently more athletic than women? Sure, but there's more to basketball than athleticism. Otherwise players like Tyrus Thomas, Gerald Green and Joe Alexander would be superstars. If tiny guys like John Lucas III can play meaningful minutes, why couldn't Diana Taurasi? Even if she doesn't have a 40 inch vertical, I'm willing to bet that she's more skilled than many NBA players.

Also, that pic doesn't make your case any stronger. It just makes you look like a sexist tool.
RLakh23
Starter

Post#172 » by RLakh23 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 10:52 am

GloriaJames wrote:
Kironte wrote:

What's there to say? This thread is chock full of unsubstantiated claims from a bunch of dudes who don't really know how basketball is played. Are men inherently more athletic than women? Sure, but there's more to basketball than athleticism. Otherwise players like Tyrus Thomas, Gerald Green and Joe Alexander would be superstars. If tiny guys like John Lucas III can play meaningful minutes, why couldn't Diana Taurasi? Even if she doesn't have a 40 inch vertical, I'm willing to bet that she's more skilled than many NBA players.

Also, that pic doesn't make your case any stronger. It just makes you look like a sexist tool.

thats all i was trying to say....

But seriously Griner is the only girl that has the best chance to play with men.
Kironte
Senior

Post#173 » by Kironte » Tue Apr 3, 2012 10:59 am

GloriaJames wrote:
Kironte wrote:

I think its you who doesnt how how basketball is played, and while I agree that there are female players that are more skilled that male NBA players, the abysmal diference in athletism makes it almost imposible for a female to play meaningful minutes in the NBA . Thats whats being stated in this thread.
If you want to delude yourself and think that a woman can make the NBA its as respectable as any other opinion, but calling misogynist to those who dont agree its quite sexist indeed.
GloriaJames
Banned User

Post#174 » by GloriaJames » Tue Apr 3, 2012 11:02 am

Kironte wrote:I think its you who doesnt how how basketball is played, and while I agree that there are female players that are more skilled that male NBA players, the abysmal diference in athletism makes it almost imposible for a female to play meaningful minutes in the NBA . Thats whats being stated in this thread.
If you want to delude yourself and think that a woman can make the NBA its as respectable as any other opinion, but calling misogynist to those who dont agree its quite sexist indeed.

Yeah? Prove it. The burden of proof is on you to prove that a woman cannot play in the NBA.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#175 » by J~Rush » Tue Apr 3, 2012 11:08 am

GloriaJames wrote:
Kironte wrote:I think its you who doesnt how how basketball is played, and while I agree that there are female players that are more skilled that male NBA players, the abysmal diference in athletism makes it almost imposible for a female to play meaningful minutes in the NBA . Thats whats being stated in this thread.

Yeah? Prove it. The burden of proof is on you to prove that a woman cannot play in the NBA.

You can't prove a negative Mrs. James.
e
batmana
Sixth Man
And1: 1,422

Post#176 » by batmana » Tue Apr 3, 2012 11:14 am

GloriaJames wrote:
Kironte wrote:

There is a video of a shooting coach on youtube who nails several hundred 3-pointers in succession without a miss (I believe it was upwards of 500 or 700). He is in his 70s. You think he can play in the NBA too?

If you really read every single post, you'd single out the idiots and the jokes and find out that those who made an effort to give a meaningful answer pointed out exactly how men's physical superiority would dwarf every single other skill. I don't think a woman is incapable of being a better shooter. However, I think it is irrelevant how accurate a shooter you are when you are not able to get an open look and when every shot you possibly take is either being blocked or altered by someone twice your size. There is a reason why Shaquille O'Neal is a consensus top 10 all-time player in NBA history. If skill and shooting was more important, Mark Price would be the goat.

To answer your points, no you don't need a 40-inch vertical but you'd better have a better vertical than 12 inches. And John Lucas is in the league for other physical tools that make him an asset - quickness, toughness, yes, good shooting too. Do you realize how physical you need to be to elevate and get a good look in the NBA when a center can fly from halfway across the lane and block your shot in mid-air? I think you don't believe the guy who said he was 5-8 and was able to block a taller woman's shot but that is perfectly normal. Every NBA player is capable of dunking the ball (probably apart from Earl Boykins). Do you think any WNBA player (including Griner) has a higher release point on her shot?
88.0 FGA Team
C - Gilmore (81-82)/McHale
PF - Rodman (91-92)/McHale (87-88)
SF - Worthy (85-86)/Rodman/Ariza
SG - Miller (93-94)/Ariza (08-09)/Dragic
PG - Johnson (88-89)/Dragic (09-10)
alb_mod
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#177 » by alb_mod » Tue Apr 3, 2012 11:15 am

GloriaJames wrote:

Explain in wich way yout statement can be falsified please
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then 179 points with 138 shoots happened.” - Al Horford
Kironte
Senior

Post#178 » by Kironte » Tue Apr 3, 2012 11:15 am

GloriaJames wrote:

Well, there is no rule that prohibits a woman from being on an NBA roster.
Yet there is no woman playing in the NBA despite being so marketable that Stern has wet dreams thinking about it.
GloriaJames
Banned User

Post#179 » by GloriaJames » Tue Apr 3, 2012 11:27 am

batmana wrote:There is a video of a shooting coach on youtube who nails several hundred 3-pointers in succession without a miss (I believe it was upwards of 500 or 700). He is in his 70s. You think he can play in the NBA too?

If you really read every single post, you'd single out the idiots and the jokes and find out that those who made an effort to give a meaningful answer pointed out exactly how men's physical superiority would dwarf every single other skill. I don't think a woman is incapable of being a better shooter. However, I think it is irrelevant how accurate a shooter you are when you are not able to get an open look and when every shot you possibly take is either being blocked or altered by someone twice your size. There is a reason why Shaquille O'Neal is a consensus top 10 all-time player in NBA history. If skill and shooting was more important, Mark Price would be the goat.

To answer your points, no you don't need a 40-inch vertical but you'd better have a better vertical than 12 inches. And John Lucas is in the league for other physical tools that make him an asset - quickness, toughness, yes, good shooting too. Do you realize how physical you need to be to elevate and get a good look in the NBA when a center can fly from halfway across the lane and block your shot in mid-air? I think you don't believe the guy who said he was 5-8 and was able to block a taller woman's shot but that is perfectly normal. Every NBA player is capable of dunking the ball (probably apart from Earl Boykins). Do you think any WNBA player (including Griner) has a higher release point on her shot?

You make it sound like women are as athletic as 70-year-olds. Please,in the future, try and tone down your misogyny before responding. This post is just a complete mess and, unsurprisingly, unsubstantiated.
Ω

Kironte wrote:
GloriaJames wrote:

Well, there is no rule that prohibits a woman from being on an NBA roster.
Yet there is no woman playing in the NBA despite being so marketable that Stern has wet dreams thinking about it.

That isn't proof that a woman cannot play in the NBA. The ones who would be talented and athletic enough have far better opportunities in the WNBA and other leagues. Additionally, you don't other barriers exist that prevent women from joining an entirely male league?

It's almost like you guys believe that we live in a society where men and women have equal opportunity.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#180 » by Johnlac1 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 11:36 am

I don't know, why did you read it? Since we're all ignorant men, why don't you inform us how we're wrong about female athletes trying to compete with males.

Return to The General Board