@@@@@@@@

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,492

Re: Do you think Brittney Griner can compete in the NBA? 

Post#321 » by dice » Wed Apr 4, 2012 10:48 pm

Ice Man wrote:Too much difference in speed. That is the killer. In soccer, there's something of a test to this as the guys at the youth nataion camps often scrimmage against the Women's National team. The 8th grade boys usually lose, the 9th grade boys usually win, and the 10th graders win in a rout.

wow. i assume there's a high talent requirement for participation at the camps?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Brett
Junior
And1: 7

Post#322 » by Brett » Wed Apr 4, 2012 11:02 pm

BubbaTee wrote:
Brett wrote:RLakh23 could challenge Morris Claiborne.

They need to have a troll-off.

It should take place outdoors, on assfault. Spectators should be allowed to bring their pets to the match.

:lol:
Respect My Mind
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#323 » by Respect My Mind » Wed Apr 4, 2012 11:40 pm

dc wrote:
FWIW, there are plenty of high level women's college hoops programs who make it a habit of scrimmaging against men. And who are these men? Are they member's of the school's men's Bball team?

No, they generally scrimmage against male students on campus who play intramural hoops for fun. And when they play against each other, the males are either better or they hold their own against these female scholarship athletes.

We're talking about going against average sized white males who play pickup at the Y. These female athletes can't dominate them.

Fat chance they could keep up on either end of the floor against any D1 or D2 men's team who actually play for keeps.

The NBA? It's so far beyond the scope of any possibility that it's just ridiculous to even have these threads started.

I laughed when I saw the thread title. The thing is that people here don't realize that the SORRIEST NBA player would average 100 ppg in NCAAW ball. The NBA is the best of the best, its stupid to even entertain the idea that a woman could compete at THAT level.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#324 » by RutgersBJJ » Wed Apr 4, 2012 11:43 pm

How is this thread so long? She only dominates against women because of her size, she has no size advantage in the NBA. The only sport a woman can compete against Men in is fast pitch softball and that's because no man plays it and even the best baseball players would have a huge learning curve to fast-pitch softball pitching and the short distance.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Idunkon1stdates
Senior
And1: 22

Post#325 » by Idunkon1stdates » Thu Apr 5, 2012 12:03 am

Ice Man wrote:Too much difference in speed. That is the killer. In soccer, there's something of a test to this as the guys at the youth nataion camps often scrimmage against the Women's National team. The 8th grade boys usually lose, the 9th grade boys usually win, and the 10th graders win in a rout. The 10th graders aren't more skilled, or bigger, in fact the adult ladies tend to outweigh them. But they are much quicker and faster, they just blow by the women in 1v1 dribbling, the ladies can't stop them.

Same would happen in basketball too. Griner would make Omer Asik look fast.

see also: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2281644
sportjames23
Bench Warmer
And1: 24

Post#326 » by sportjames23 » Thu Apr 5, 2012 12:17 am

First I was like, "Mods, close this filth!"

But this thread has taken a life of its own. Let ride this til the wheels fall off.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,345

Post#327 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Apr 5, 2012 2:09 am

sportjames23 wrote:First I was like, "Mods, close this filth!"

But this thread has taken a life of its own. Let ride this til the wheels fall off.

That was just buddy thuggin people over the internet.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,536

Post#328 » by ComboGuardCity » Thu Apr 5, 2012 2:17 am

LOL RealGM is so hood. Watch your back ChicagoStrong. He might to a trollby on the Bulls board.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,345

Post#329 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Apr 5, 2012 3:36 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:LOL RealGM is so hood. Watch your back ChicagoStrong. He might to a trollby on the Bulls board.

I'm supposed to get slapped when he sees me.

I'll be waiting.
hollabackitsobi
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#330 » by hollabackitsobi » Thu Apr 5, 2012 3:38 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:Yeah, I've never gotten the whole "more skilled" argument from women's basketball fans. I've been forced to cover about five or 10 WNBA games over the years, and I couldn't even begin to count the missed layups, which is probably the most basic skill in basketball.

This. And their jumpshots are hideous. Maybe it has something to do with the higher relative rim height, but still. Very aesthetically displeasing.
Florida Gators & Phoenix Suns

We R Orng (& Blue)
The Fax
Senior
And1: 33

Re: @@@@@@@@ 

Post#331 » by The Fax » Sat Apr 7, 2012 7:07 am

Wtf happened to the title of this thread?

@@@@@@@@@?
Brett
Junior
And1: 7

Post#332 » by Brett » Sat Apr 7, 2012 6:36 pm

The Fax wrote:Wtf happened to the title of this thread?

@@@@@@@@@?

He's embarrassed.
Jan_Sobieski
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#333 » by Jan_Sobieski » Sat Apr 7, 2012 7:28 pm

The best she could do is suck it up on some random teams bench. Just a quickie for a couple of minutes to play on the court.

Return to The General Board