Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
24%
Pistons
76%

Total votes: 154

JimboSlice
Senior
And1: 16

Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#141 » by JimboSlice » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Stun704 wrote:Don't see how you can include stuckey and not include Gerald Henderson and Byron Mullens

Mullens has had some flashy moments, but longterm is extremely mediocre, leaning toward downright poor.

But that said, I still take the team with Rich Cho as a GM as opposed to Dumars, who seemed like a genius for a little while but has since proven pretty confused when it comes to giving out contracts and cap management. Biyombo and Walker will both turn out to be solid. Stuckey I'm not sold on long term and Knight the jury's still out on what his ceiling is, but Monroe > than any of the aforementioned so I'll call it about even.. A lot will depend on the lottery though. That 25% still means there's a 75% chance they don't get it. To be honest, if they don't go number one, they're in a little bit of a conundrum, because nobody that doesn't play PF (Biyombo's position) is worthy of a number 2 pick in this draft imo
Thou Shalt Not Shave
Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Post#142 » by Mikez1919 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 pm

I also find it kind of funny that Bobcats fans are bashing the Pistons young players. Less than 24 hours ago Monroe and Knight were dominating your team and at one point had like a 36 point lead :lol:
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#143 » by Johnlac1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 pm

thesack12 wrote:As a Pistons' fan, I find this debate to be pretty unproductive. Of course both teams' fan bases have the tendency to over-rate their own players, back their squad, and get defensive when others say bad things about their team.

Besides, we are talking about two bad teams here. Neither of which has much true promise. Both of these teams are quite a ways from becoming legit contenders, especially seeing as they are both in the Eastern Conference. Is either fan base really going to get giddy about making the playoffs only to get throttled in the 1st round by Miami or Chicago? Both teams have a lot of work to do to even achieve that.

The Pistons are one of those teams I've watched on League Pass a number of times and wondered why they aren't doing better. I guess the fact that despite some good players, they've looked disorganized and unfocused the times I've watched. Then the next time I watched, they played very well. Would adding David make them at least a playoff team? Just might. If they can get the backcourt to stay focused. Maybe it's the coach.
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,024

Post#144 » by The Infamous1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 pm

daschysta wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:Kemba Walker is a 16 PER player averaging 12.4/3.4/4.4 .9 steal .3 blk 1.8to in 27 minutes

Knight is an 11 PER player averaging 12.4/3.2/3.6 .7stl .2blk 2.5to in 33 minutes

To be fair, Knight does have 2% on him in TS%! lol

really not even comparable players or point guards Kemba is far superior. I would like to have Monroe though

Knight is a far better defensive player and PER rewards high volume players that chuck alot in the limited time they get, which describes walker to a T, he's either brave or shameless, but on a team like the bobcats, it's shameless, because the heroics aren't winning any games.

:lol:

This is classic
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,655

Post#145 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Mikez1919 wrote:I also find it kind of funny that Bobcats fans are bashing the Pistons young players. Less than 24 hours ago Monroe and Knight were dominating your team and at one point had like a 36 point lead :lol:

Yet apparently Piston fans are so insecure about it themselves they felt the need to make this thread.

Says it all
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,169

Post#146 » by SWedd523 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:50 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
Mikez1919 wrote:I also find it kind of funny that Bobcats fans are bashing the Pistons young players. Less than 24 hours ago Monroe and Knight were dominating your team and at one point had like a 36 point lead :lol:

Yet apparently Piston fans are so insecure about it themselves they felt the need to make this thread.

Says it all

That's what I don't understand. From what I recall, the Pistons fans instigated this little e-tussle, both on the Bobcats board and the General board.

Are Pistons fans really so insecure that they need to be validated by outside sources that your team is better than the Bobcats? After a blowout win? Really?

Pretty sad if you ask me. Glad I'm not part of that bunch.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#147 » by Eoghan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 pm

RTM wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:Immediate future (1-2 seasons): Pistons. This is obvious thanks to Monroe, Knight, and a roster of veterans and a FO committed to winning.

Distant future (3-5 seasons): Bobcats. By year 3 the answer will be much more transparent. The Bobcats will have 2-3 years of high potential, solid draft picks under their belt and good complementary FAs if Cho is as good as his rep. Detroit, barring they don't throw in the towel after a bad start next year, will be the quintessential treadmill team most likely.

This is equally subjective and incredibly vague as well. If you want to make the argument that the future is uncertain and can't be determined right now, you can't turn around and do just that by saying the Cats are on the right path and the Pistons are doomed for mediocrity at best.

Well, an incredibly subjective and vague original question can only attain an equally vague and subjective answer so blame the OP for this stupidity, not me. Notice I put 'if' in bold in my post. That means I'm fully aware that none of this is set in stone.
MrBigShot wrote:Yeah...unless he/anyone else happens to know which players will declare for the draft during what year, and what lottery pick positions the bobcats/pistons will have over the next few years, which nobody does.

Same.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#148 » by Stun704 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:52 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

Says it all

That's what I don't understand. From what I recall, the Pistons fans instigated this little e-tussle, both on the Bobcats board and the General board.

Are Pistons fans really so insecure that they need to be validated by outside sources that your team is better than the Bobcats? After a blowout win? Really?

Pretty sad if you ask me. Glad I'm not part of that bunch.

It all stims from us stealing Biyombo from them, they are scorn because they are looking for that player to cover up Monroes defensive short-comings
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#149 » by Eoghan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Quite a bit of fail in this post.

sfballa13 wrote:
Kemba cant even get playing time over Henderson and meanwhile Henderson is leading his team to a league worse record

Really, you can't believe that a 6' on a good day PG can't get playing time over the starting SG? Okay.
What guard do you have on your team signed to a reasonable 3 year deal (8.5 a year) that puts up numbers like Stuckey? That's what I thought

Lol, you think 8.5 a year is reasonable for Stuckey.
Dumars has made stupid moves but all of our bad contracts (tay,cv-who will be amnestied anyways, bg) will all expire when it comes time to resign Monroe and Knight and Stuckey.

To undoubtedly more bloated contracts. Only Monroe projects to be worth good money at this point.

Your team has made some terribly bone headed moves in the front office thanks to Jordan and his team

Trading for Tyrus Thomas is about the only thing truly boneheaded. You can thank Larry Brown for several smaller boneheaded trades and acquisitions thanks to him fine tuning the roster for our brief glimpse of the playoffs. Just like Detroit can amnesty CV, we can amnesty Thomas as well though. The rest is mostly due to poor lottery luck and drafting BPAs that didn't pan out, same as any other team. Of course, all that is pre-Cho so wildly irrelevant to the OP.

But to come on here and say Kemba+Biyombo+Henderson+Mullens >>>>>> Monroe + Knight +Stuckey is stupid and ignorant.

I don't think anyone worded it that way and said that.

Your team can NOT beat any team.

Uh, we do have 7 wins. I'm pretty sure we got those by beating teams.
Brt19
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#150 » by Brt19 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Stun704 wrote:Even if the bobcats miss out on Anthony Davis and get one of Thomas Robinson/MKG/Andre Drummond i'd give the edge to the bobcats, worst case scenario they get Drummond

Kemba
Henderson
Corey Maggette(Tank Commander but OLD)
Andre Drummond(6'11 270lbs PF who was the fastest player on the uconn team)
Bismack Biyombo

has a better future then

Brandon Knight
Rodney Stuckey(OLD)
Tayshawn Prince(OLD)
John Henson
Earl Monroe

Piston fans expect to make the playoffs next sesaon, bobcats are tanking again, so lets say they get the #2 pick next year after gettin the # pick this year

Kemba
Shabazz Mohammed
Quincy Miller - With '13 Potland pick
Andre Drummond
Bismack Biyombo

Add a mid first rounder on the bench

Brandon Knight
Rodney Stuckey(OLD)
Tayshawn Prince (OLD)
John Henson
Earl Monroe

This is actually what scare me as a Pistons fan. Pistons have better players, but not enough star players for contending. Right now Detroit didn't spent a lot of years out of playoff spots, when they were in the lottery their picks weren't that high to get a future star player. Knight is a nice player for 8th spot, Monroe is great and Jerebko is a fine rol player but that is it. Stuckey will be UFA before Detroit contend, Prince is already aging. I don't see Detroit signing core players as FA to lead championship runs. Mediocre future Pistons? I hope not but there is chance at that. IMO Pistons need a high lottery pick this season, which is unlikely, and a lottery pick next year to create a future contender.

That said, the answer is Pistons for me. Cap space won't help Bobcats because they aren't going to get anyone. When they start to win games, Detroit will have a nice cap space too. The only thing Bobcats have more than Pistons is quantity of young players. Pistons have the best one with Monroe.
FlipTSO
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#151 » by FlipTSO » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Why are Pistons fans, the 5th winningest franchise of all time in wins and championships, bickering with the Bobcats, an expansion team on pace to set the worst record of all-time?

Drop it fellow Pistons fans. We should never be in comparison threads with the Lolcats. It makes us look bad.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#152 » by Stun704 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:38 pm

FlipTSO wrote:Why are Pistons fans, the 5th winningest franchise of all time in wins and championships, bickering with the Bobcats, an expansion team on pace to set the worst record of all-time?

Drop it fellow Pistons fans. We should never be in comparison threads with the Lolcats. It makes us look bad.

Sorry to break it to you, but this is how far the pistons have fell, to pick fights with the Lolcats
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#153 » by RTM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Grantland's "A Fate Worse than Death" recaps the game and gives some thoughts on both teams:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/781 ... e-nba-game
Lozar
Junior
And1: 0

Post#154 » by Lozar » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:05 pm

gethigh wrote:
darth_federer wrote:Yes just like every other team that is blatantly tanking. Most NBA fans are hoping the Bobcats dont win the first overall pick.

I actually hope the Bobcats do win the lottery.

Nothing would be scarier than a borderline lottery team with a 4-5% chance of winning the 1st pick getting him.

If the Cavs can pair him up with Irving
Portland pairing him up with Aldridge
etc

While Davis would instantly change the Bobcats forecast, they would still need to surround him with pieces.

Come on Aldridge+Davis would be magic on the court baby!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#155 » by chrbal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:12 pm

So the Bobcats are going for a total teardown/rebuild. The Pistons are trying to build on the posistives that they had. How is this comaparable again? What both teams are lottery? Both teams played each other? Both teams drafted a PG?

Besides the answer is Portland. New Jersey doesn't go top 3, and they keep Aldrige happy....they are on to something.
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#156 » by Eoghan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:20 pm

RTM wrote:Grantland's "A Fate Worse than Death" recaps the game and gives some thoughts on both teams:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/781 ... e-nba-game

An okay article except for one part:

Bobcats fans are pretty much nonexistent, as Thursday's attendance in Charlotte indicates. They'll remain so until the team strikes NBA draft gold. If they strike gold, that is. Detroit fans are real.

That point might have more punch if the Bobcats didn't have better attendance numbers than the Pistons. http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

So the Bobcats are going for a total teardown/rebuild. The Pistons are trying to build on the posistives that they had. How is this comaparable again? What both teams are lottery? Both teams played each other? Both teams drafted a PG?

Some Piston's fans are trying to compensate for their tiny E-penises, that's about all you need to know about this thread.
Scout Taron
Veteran
And1: 393

Post#157 » by Scout Taron » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Stun704 wrote:
Mikez1919 wrote:Knight has more potential than Walker. Walker went to Uconn for 4 years and is 1 1/2 years olden than Knight. Everybody said Walker was way more NBA ready, but they liked Knights potential more.

Walker left as a Junior, of course he has more potential, he is younger, but if you look at his game he doesn't have more potential them Kemba. Kemba is more athletic, is quicker, more explosive, and has better court vision, only thing Knight has on him his height and shooting ability right now.

NBA COMBINE

Knight: 3.07s sprint (highest in draft class)
10.74s agility
Max vert reach: 11' 4"

Kemba: 3.16s
10.87s agility
max vert reach: 10' 11"

Sooo. Kemba is more athletic?
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,655

Post#158 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 pm

I like how everyone says Kemba is a future combo guard. If he is a future combo guard what is Knight with his 3.5 apg in 32 min and 2.5 turnovers. future SG?

Kemba far superior player and PG. 1.5 years man that'll really matter. In about 12 years
Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Post#159 » by Mikez1919 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 pm

"far superior" LOL Kemba is a bench player on the worst team of all-time. Stop that nonsense.
JustinSane
Bench Warmer
And1: 62

Post#160 » by JustinSane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm

The 1.5 years matter because Walker is much further in his development as a player when compared with Knight. He's a lot closer to whatever he's gonna be. We should compare Knight in early 2013/2014 season with Walker now - that'd tell us more. Of course, by then no one will remember this discussion :).

Return to The General Board