Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
24%
Pistons
76%

Total votes: 154

Kobe2ndFiddle
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#221 » by Kobe2ndFiddle » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:39 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Statistics is only one measure when evaluating young talent, especially this 66 game season. The eye test is more reliable if you know what you're looking for.

who passes the eye test between the 2 ?
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,429

Post#222 » by KembaWalker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:39 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Statistics is only one measure when evaluating young talent, especially this 66 game season. The eye test is more reliable if you know what you're looking for.

agreed

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RWKmsyDXn4[/youtube]
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#223 » by doc.end » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:41 pm

bstein14 wrote:Pistons are a playoff team NEXT YEAR if they stay healthy. They started 4-20 this season and since have gone 18-17. They've got a winning record over their last 35 games. They have had a ton of internal improvement from the beginning of this season to where they are now. The Pistons will be a 40-42 win team next year.

So you vpted for the Bobcats, then?
doc.end
General Manager

Post#224 » by doc.end » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Kobe2ndFiddle wrote:Definitely Pistons.

Bobcats are just in disarray. Their fanbase are the only ones who still think Kemba will be a star in this league. Dude is obviously an undersized 2 masquerading as a PG.

If you can't see that Knight has more upside than Walker then thats homerism at it finest.

I think Kemba should know his place and keep that masquerading within bounds. Othewise it may get out of hand, you may masquerade aa a PG to triple doubles and is awkard then.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#225 » by doc.end » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:48 pm

So you are now not worried about Kemba's FG% and don't think he is a chucker, are you? I'm confused.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#226 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:50 pm

KembaWalker wrote:

agreed

knight got the best of Kemba in every matchup.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#227 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:50 pm

doc.end wrote:

So you are now not worried about Kemba's FG% and don't think he is a chucker, are you? I'm confused.

did I call Kemba a chucker.
Kobe2ndFiddle
Sixth Man

Post#228 » by Kobe2ndFiddle » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:51 pm

doc.end wrote:

Bobcats are just in disarray. Their fanbase are the only ones who still think Kemba will be a star in this league. Dude is obviously an undersized 2 masquerading as a PG.

If you can't see that Knight has more upside than Walker then thats homerism at it finest.

I think Kemba should know his place and keep that masquerading within bounds. Othewise it may get out of hand, you may masquerade aa a PG to triple doubles and is awkard then.

more hypebeast nonsense.

even Bob Sura and Charlie Bell have recorded triple-doubles in their careers.
Kobe2ndFiddle
Sixth Man

Post#229 » by Kobe2ndFiddle » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

agreed

NO,NO,NO, NOOO !

that cannot be right, they have never guarded each other.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#230 » by KembaWalker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

agreed

Kemba got the best of Knight every season
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#231 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 pm

I don't think you two are an accurate representation of Bobcats fans.
Josephpaul
Banned User
And1: 295

Post#232 » by Josephpaul » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:10 pm

I would say the pistons.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#233 » by KembaWalker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:I don't think you two are an accurate representation of Bobcats fans.

I can list out all their season raw and advanced stats if you'd like. Didn't get much a response from Kemba haters. Usually when you show people how wrong they are they stop posting anyway
doc.end
General Manager

Post#234 » by doc.end » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Kobe2ndFiddle wrote:
doc.end wrote:

more hypebeast nonsense.

even Bob Sura and Charlie Bell have recorded triple-doubles in their careers.

LOL, I don't watch NCAA, I don't care about hyped players at all (it is good to sell tickets though). I just found an average GB's person's perception of Kemba ridiculous with so many flawed facts. Everybody is just evalueating him based on their expectations. If someone buys into hypes and is biased because of that I am sorry for him (not aiming at you, just in case). The thing is with the exception of rookies who had a breakout season, it is still early to say something about first year players. Kemba showed some promise, had some flaws, which may be influenced by dysfunctional Silas coaching and almost no practices thiys year, who know to what extent. If you expefct him to be a second irving of this draft, he won't be. He is not going to be a first option on a good team. To write him off is way soon. I don't really watch Knight nor I care about him, I still see both of these consecutive picks as lump together till there is significant gap between them. Stats suggest, that claims like Knight is clearly better are signs of homerism. Speking about potential is lame, especially in case of backourt players.

After all I don't argue because "someone is wrong on the internet" and won't try to make you understand and come to reason, I'm just having a mood to have a good time reading signs of overall cluesness on general board :)
doc.end
General Manager

Post#235 » by doc.end » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:28 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:I don't think you two are an accurate representation of Bobcats fans.

That matters and is on topic how?
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#236 » by Eoghan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:22 pm

kurtis48239 wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:but the reason bobcats fans are getting so much hate is because you aimed your comments at the wrong people and about how delusional you are about your team.So of course someone on the det side is going to make this thread to show bobcat fans how its not just det who think your wayyy off base with your comments...

What are we delusional about again? Being the worst team in the NBA or having hope that the only way out from there is up? B/c I'm pretty sure there isn't anything really delusional about those.

Unless your point is that Detroit and Charlotte are so far apart successfully that they shouldn't be compared, which is completely negated by making a thread and continuing to harp on comparing the two.

Seriously, there is nothing to gain from comparing yourself to the worst team in the NBA, you are only making your team look worse.

1.have you read this thread.
2.I didnt make this thread.
3.I didnt need this thread to know that the pistons are the better team that was plain as day fri night,and I think the bobcats fans in here are doing a great job of that themselfs for your team.

1. Are you still posting in this thread?
2. Are you still posting in this thread, and thus guilty of keeping it alive?
3. Why am I still posting in this thread as well?

At some point we can stop slapfighting and ignore the world's most pointless thread but we have to step off the fail boat together.
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#237 » by Warspite » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:46 pm

The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Post#238 » by bstein14 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:14 am

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.

LOL That's true... Bobcats could be one of the worst teams in the league for each of the next 5 years so that's an entire starting lineup of top 5 picks. Definitely a brighter future than Detroit who likely will be in the playoffs each of the next 5 years.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#239 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:05 am

Wow I can't believe this thread is still active. Give it up Lolcats fans. I would advise Pistons fans to leave these delusional Lolcats fans to themselves and let the future speak for itself. We all know the answer to this question anyways and its only a matter of time before we are proven right.
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
And1: 49

Post#240 » by BeasleyTheBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:15 am

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats haha
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office

Return to The General Board