Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
24%
Pistons
76%

Total votes: 154

Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#161 » by Mikez1919 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:46 pm

a lot of people had Kemba as ROY because he was said to be the most NBA ready. Everybody knew that Knight was younger and had more potential.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,143

Post#162 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:47 pm

JustinSane wrote:The 1.5 years matter because Walker is much further in his development as a player when compared with Knight. He's a lot closer to whatever he's gonna be. We should compare Knight in early 2013/2014 season with Walker now - that'd tell us more. Of course, by then no one will remember this discussion :).

Yeah Kemba's all of 21 years old no way he'll get any better pretty much topped out
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#163 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Mikez1919 wrote:"far superior" LOL Kemba is a bench player on the worst team of all-time. Stop that nonsense.

He's a bench player because they're trying to do DJ Augustin a favor by not killing his value when he hits the free agent market. Like I've already done, you can compare Kemba and Knights stats but they aren't really even on the same tier. Theres a reason Kemba is a 16 PER player putting him above league average and Knight is an 11 PER scrub. Kemba does everything much better.
Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Post#164 » by Mikez1919 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Walker plays against bench players. Knight plays against starters.

Knight and Kemba both score 0.83 points per shot attempt.

FYI Bismack aka DWIGHT HOWARD 2.0 ( :lol: ) has a lower per than Knight.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#165 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Mikez1919 wrote:Walker plays against bench players. Knight plays against starters.

Knight and Kemba both score 0.83 points per shot attempt.

FYI Bismack aka DWIGHT HOWARD 2.0 ( :lol: ) has a lower per than Knight.

I don't think I ever said Bismack has been playing better than Knight. But good try changing the subject.

Kemba has played plenty of time as a starter and against them. In fact he plays too much time for my liking at the SG position against starters because we need his and Augustins talent and our SG depth sucks. His stats would be much better if he was kept at pure PG but Paul Silas isn't too smart and our options are pretty limited. That said, they're still much better than Knights.
jam_bar_23
Junior
And1: 205

Post#166 » by jam_bar_23 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Totally unbiased opinion is Pistons. Bobcats are really a sad, sad team. When your only redeeming quality is that you have a 25% chance at the number one pick you're in a bad spot. Bismack has the potential to be a nice starter but beyond that there's nothing. Kemba Walker screams 6th man combo guard chucker.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,109

Post#167 » by SWedd523 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Mikez1919 wrote:"far superior" LOL Kemba is a bench player on the worst team of all-time. Stop that nonsense.

Kemba actually leads the team in minutes played so... yeah....
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#168 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:22 pm

jam_bar_23 wrote:Totally unbiased opinion is Pistons. Bobcats are really a sad, sad team. When your only redeeming quality is that you have a 25% chance at the number one pick you're in a bad spot. Bismack has the potential to be a nice starter but beyond that there's nothing. Kemba Walker screams 6th man combo guard chucker.

what does Brandon Knights 3.7 apg in 32 minutes with 1.4 assist per turnover ratio scream?
engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Post#169 » by engelbert321 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm surprised this thread isnt locked yet
jam_bar_23
Junior
And1: 205

Post#170 » by jam_bar_23 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:29 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
jam_bar_23 wrote:Totally unbiased opinion is Pistons. Bobcats are really a sad, sad team. When your only redeeming quality is that you have a 25% chance at the number one pick you're in a bad spot. Bismack has the potential to be a nice starter but beyond that there's nothing. Kemba Walker screams 6th man combo guard chucker.

what does Brandon Knights 3.7 apg in 32 minutes with 1.4 assist per turnover ratio scream?

Meh, not really high on Knight either. I think there's a reason those guys went 8 and 9 even in a subpar draft class.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#171 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Only reason this thread was created was because this debate spilled over to both team boards and it was evident someone was going to get suspended by a trigger happy bobcats for not agreeing the bobcats have a brighter future. Calling me insecure and petty makes no sense. Quite frankly, I'm done with this topic because I can care less what bobcats fans think.
Jan_Sobieski
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#172 » by Jan_Sobieski » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Pistons smell legit for the moment and have had a long history of being competitive so they eventually get back on track. Same can go for the Bobs but they still young organization with lots of experience to gain.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#173 » by doc.end » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 pm

MrBigShot wrote:
RTM wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:Immediate future (1-2 seasons): Pistons. This is obvious thanks to Monroe, Knight, and a roster of veterans and a FO committed to winning.

Distant future (3-5 seasons): Bobcats. By year 3 the answer will be much more transparent. The Bobcats will have 2-3 years of high potential, solid draft picks under their belt and good complementary FAs if Cho is as good as his rep. Detroit, barring they don't throw in the towel after a bad start next year, will be the quintessential treadmill team most likely.

This is equally subjective and incredibly vague as well. If you want to make the argument that the future is uncertain and can't be determined right now, you can't turn around and do just that by saying the Cats are on the right path and the Pistons are doomed for mediocrity at best.

Yeah...unless he/anyone else happens to know which players will declare for the draft during what year, and what lottery pick positions the bobcats/pistons will have over the next few years, which nobody does.

This optimism stems from Cho, Jordan and Higgins (which we think is expandable) sounded like being on the same page with having to be bad first to be able to be good and that sometimes you have to make a step back to make two steps forward (all this are their words). Cho was fired from Portland because of different view than the owner, he has a great reputation and he has acted so far like he mean what he is saying - the draft day Jackson trade just in time before he starts being high maintenance again accomplish many things. Personally, I am thrilled that we got a GM that is ahead in scouting and did his best to get a guy who Draftexpress who I trust in were exceptionally sure about in a positive way. Ironically, Pistons were ready to pick at 8th (but got bypassed by CHA-MIL-SAC trade) and now their fans are bashing him. But I don't want to go there again. I just laugh at age remarks and that's it.
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#174 » by thruthefire » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 pm

What's that saying? "At least we're not Detroit..."
Humble yourself.
Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 39

Post#175 » by Darain » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:59 pm

How did a Bobcats thread manage to get 12 pages?

Ohyeah and I'm saying Pistons, Monroe has a great future ahead of him
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#176 » by doc.end » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:08 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Only reason this thread was created was because this debate spilled over to both team boards and it was evident someone was going to get suspended by a trigger happy bobcats for not agreeing the bobcats have a brighter future. Calling me insecure and petty makes no sense. Quite frankly, I'm done with this topic because I can care less what bobcats fans think.

Now we have a winner! Describing the thick-skinned Bobcats mods as trigger happy is just something else. For the record, the only person suspended came ouf nowhere to post this gem in a GT on RealGM Bobcats board:
Joe Asberry wrote:You re team is a disgrace! Cho should be punished putting together such a non competitive team, i hope the Bobcats dont get rewarded with the first pick for such an obvious tanking job.

I can't see how anyone sane can defend that person doing that after a blowout. No, we are not desillusional, we laugh at ourselves, but those type of posts as one mentioned above doesn't add aynthing valueable.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#177 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm not defending that poster. He was clearly in the wrong. But another poster who was not bashing your team was told to leave or be suspended. Some boards you can't have a debate and the Bobcats board seems like one of them.
JoseChinga
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#178 » by JoseChinga » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Tired of people picking on the Bobcats. I'm a Knicks fan, but Bobcats got a gem in Biyombo. In his 3rd season he'll be making an Ibaka type impact on the league and its scary because he's more physical than Ibaka.

Walker is underrated. People call him a chucker but I believe he'll work his way into a really productive role.

Bobcats won't be good next year, but they'll be better. They have a promising future indeed as long as they draft smart and sign quality low price free agents that will enforce their defense.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#179 » by Elden Payton » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:07 am

JoseChinga wrote:Tired of people picking on the Bobcats. I'm a Knicks fan, but Bobcats got a gem in Biyombo. In his 3rd season he'll be making an Ibaka type impact on the league and its scary because he's more physical than Ibaka.

Walker is underrated. People call him a chucker but I believe he'll work his way into a really productive role.

Bobcats won't be good next year, but they'll be better. They have a promising future indeed as long as they draft smart and sign quality low price free agents that will enforce their defense.

Thanks Jose!!!

People can say whatever they want about us as posters but I'm tired of the hate Charlotte Basketball receives....

Of course we defend our team against quotes such as-

"The Bobcats will NEVER be good"

"Michael Jordan is your GM...LOL"-This makes me laugh so hard...way to prove your ignorance.

Etc etc...

Damn it gets old.
Part-time Lover
Senior
And1: 58

Post#180 » by Part-time Lover » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:25 am

Wow the ignorance of some of both teams' fans went on for about 5 more pages after I posted.

Monroe = Al Jefferson 2.0? Monroe is known for his passing in the high post since his Georgetown days and has shown that he can do it this season. Jefferson is known for not passing out of double teams.

Why is Earl Monroe's name getting tossed around in this thread?

Bismack Biyombo is not a good defender? He's already doing what Ibaka is doing on the defensive end (albeit Ibaka has better averages) and he's just 19. Many predicted that he wouldn't play 25+ minutes because he supposedly couldn't play defense without fouling.

Also, smh to that Heat fan who posted. You're implying that the Bobcats fanbase being big around RealGM is laughable? Yeah, at least they have a huge loyal fanbase on RealGM throughout the losing seasons while "Heat fans" population suddenly skyrocketed after The Decision.

Return to The General Board