Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
24%
Pistons
76%

Total votes: 154

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,216

Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#21 » by amcoolio » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 am

Nor is anyone going to Toronto. Whats the point of stating the obvious?
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,238

Post#22 » by Archerbro » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 am

Mikez1919 wrote:Cap space doesn't matter too much if nobody is willing to sign there.

it is when extensions for players come up and trades.

Cap space doesn't mean just go after free agents.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#23 » by darth_federer » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:53 am

I agree. Both teams need to improve internally or they are going to keep overpaying roleplayers.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Baren Davids
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Baren Davids » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 am

In this thread, fans of lottery teams attack fans of opposing lottery teams...
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#25 » by Stun704 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:59 am

darth_federer wrote:I agree. Both teams need to improve internally or they are going to keep overpaying roleplayers.

Since getting Rich Cho we haven't overpaid anyone actually we've been very conservative.
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#26 » by bstein14 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:00 am

Joe Dumars has proven he can build a winner.

Jordan has been pretty horrible as an owner/gm.

I think that is the biggest reason to choose Detroit. Dumars has made some mistakes, but he's also his some absolute home runs as a GM and he has always been a players GM (perhaps at times overpaying players and being too loyal).

Pistons have a better future unless Charlotte gets lucky and lands a legit superstar with a lotto pick.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#27 » by Stun704 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 am

So we agree if the bobcats draft Anthony Davis this thread is closed right?
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Baren Davids
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Baren Davids » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:05 am

So 25% chance that the Bobcats get good?
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#29 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:06 am

Monroe>BB
Stuckey>Henderson
Joe D>Jordan

Debatable

Knight vs Augustin
Tay vs Magette
Max vs TT
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,216

Post#30 » by amcoolio » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:06 am

A good GM is only as good as the lottery luck he gets. Charlotte lost coin flips for the #4 pick/Chris Paul and the #1 pick/Derrick Rose. If they win one of those flips, or both, Charlotte is in a completely different situation than they are right now.

Charlotte has been incredibly unlucky in the lottery and have anti tanked, like the pistons are doing now, in 6 of their last 7 losing seasons.

So they tank for once because they are sick of being unlucky and are lambasted across the boards for it?

It doesn't make any sense.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,455

Post#31 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:07 am

This is a great thread :lol:
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#32 » by RTM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 am

In the 75% chance that the Bobcats don't pick #1, it's the Pistons by a landslide.

In the 25% chance they do, it becomes a valid conversation, and if Davis fully reaches the potential some scouts peg him to have, things change even more.

I just don't think there's much of a comparison between a team that isn't good, but is competitive, and what has essentially been the NBA's JV team this year.

I agree with r0cd0gg that it's only few Pistons fans who *really* want validation. I've been mostly comfortable with the team's approach and moves since the disastrous BG/CV signings (and they were just that). And I don't think I'm alone. It takes time, but the team is not rolling over every game and being a huge off the court mess for the first time since Billups was in Detroit. More nights than not, the team has at least a chance to win. We're not yet good enough to capitalize on all those opportunities, but it's a step in the right direction.
FlipTSO
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#33 » by FlipTSO » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 am

Matt Dery posed the question on the postgame show. Who's place would Pistons fans rather be in right now - The Bobcats with their roster, but in prime position to get Anthony Davis - Or the Pistons with their roster and likely picking 8th again?

Lots of Pistons fans call in and complain when we win because we should be losing like CHA for Anthony Davis. Well, CHA is doing what many Pistons fans want us to do, but I don't think anybody would trade places with them just for the #1 pick.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#34 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:12 am

This is the same general board that trashed us before for NOT blowing it up before last year. Now we blow it up and apparently we were dumb to do so? lol. Ya'll crack me up
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#35 » by gethigh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 am

If Bobcats get Anthony Davis - Bobcats
if Bobcats don't get Anthony Davis - Pistons

In a vacuum right now - Pistons
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,164

Post#36 » by SWedd523 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:18 am

gethigh wrote:If Bobcats get Anthony Davis - Bobcats
if Bobcats don't get Anthony Davis - Pistons

In a vacuum right now - Pistons

Can't disagree. Largely impossible to answer this question until after draft night, but Monroe is the best young player on either team RIGHT NOW so you have to go with the Pistons.

Under the assumption that we get Davis, my opinion would probably change.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#37 » by darth_federer » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:20 am

amcoolio wrote:A good GM is only as good as the lottery luck he gets. Charlotte lost coin flips for the #4 pick/Chris Paul and the #1 pick/Derrick Rose. If they win one of those flips, or both, Charlotte is in a completely different situation than they are right now.

Charlotte has been incredibly unlucky in the lottery and have anti tanked, like the pistons are doing now, in 6 of their last 7 losing seasons.

So they tank for once because they are sick of being unlucky and are lambasted across the boards for it?

It doesn't make any sense.

Yes just like every other team that is blatantly tanking. Most NBA fans are hoping the Bobcats dont win the first overall pick.

Stun704 wrote:
darth_federer wrote:I agree. Both teams need to improve internally or they are going to keep overpaying roleplayers.

Since getting Rich Cho we haven't overpaid anyone actually we've been very conservative.

Agreed. But after one of the worst seasons in NBA history there is going to be pressure to do something.

This is a dumb debate anyways. Rich Cho is a good GM and the Bobcats will be fine.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#38 » by gethigh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 am

darth_federer wrote:Yes just like every other team that is blatantly tanking. Most NBA fans are hoping the Bobcats dont win the first overall pick.

I actually hope the Bobcats do win the lottery.

Nothing would be scarier than a borderline lottery team with a 4-5% chance of winning the 1st pick getting him.

If the Cavs can pair him up with Irving
Portland pairing him up with Aldridge
etc

While Davis would instantly change the Bobcats forecast, they would still need to surround him with pieces.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#39 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Monroe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BB
Stuckey>>>>>>>Henderson
Joe D>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jordan
Knight>Augustin
Tay>>>>>>>>>>Magette
Max>>>TT

Fixed

The Lolcats do not have one single good player at this point. Biyombo has potential but is a loooong ways away from fulfilling it. Kemba can't even beat out Augustin for the starting job. This is Detroit by far. If the season restarted today we would probably make the playoffs with our current roster. After our 4-20 start we are playing above .500 ball and we look like a completely different team. Even if the Cats get Davis they will still easily miss the playoffs next year. If Detroit gets Davis they will be contenders in a year or two if not instantly. People talk about our bad contracts but we only have two of them (BG and CV) and we still have the amnesty. Stuckey and Prince are both on fantastic deals. I really don't see how the Cats have an argument at all. They are arguably the worst team of all time for crying out loud. With that said, Cho is a good GM and should finally lead you guys in the right direction but it will take about 3 years of getting high lottery picks before you become relevant.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#40 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:47 am

last year it was the Cavs that were supposedly the worst team ever with even fewer young players than us and now 1 year later nobody would take the Pistons roster over theirs. I'm not really worrying about it. Either way theres like a 1% chance at best that either of our teams wins a title in the next decade so who cares?

Return to The General Board