yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
37
24%
Pistons
117
76%
 
Total votes : 154

Post#226 Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter futu
Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm by ComboGuardCity

KembaWalker wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Statistics is only one measure when evaluating young talent, especially this 66 game season. The eye test is more reliable if you know what you're looking for.


agreed



knight got the best of Kemba in every matchup.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,171
And1: 1,777
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost
Top

Post#227 Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter futu
Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm by ComboGuardCity

doc.end wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Statistics is only one measure when evaluating young talent, especially this 66 game season. The eye test is more reliable if you know what you're looking for.

So you are now not worried about Kemba's FG% and don't think he is a chucker, are you? I'm confused.

did I call Kemba a chucker.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,171
And1: 1,777
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost
Top

Post#228 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 pm by Kobe2ndFiddle

doc.end wrote:
Kobe2ndFiddle wrote:Definitely Pistons.

Bobcats are just in disarray. Their fanbase are the only ones who still think Kemba will be a star in this league. Dude is obviously an undersized 2 masquerading as a PG.


If you can't see that Knight has more upside than Walker then thats homerism at it finest.

I think Kemba should know his place and keep that masquerading within bounds. Othewise it may get out of hand, you may masquerade aa a PG to triple doubles and is awkard then.

more hypebeast nonsense.

even Bob Sura and Charlie Bell have recorded triple-doubles in their careers.
Kobe2ndFiddle
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,544
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 18, 2011
Top

Post#229 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:52 pm by Kobe2ndFiddle

ComboGuardCity wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Statistics is only one measure when evaluating young talent, especially this 66 game season. The eye test is more reliable if you know what you're looking for.


agreed



knight got the best of Kemba in every matchup.

NO,NO,NO, NOOO !

that cannot be right, they have never guarded each other.
Kobe2ndFiddle
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,544
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 18, 2011
Top

Post#230 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm by KembaWalker

ComboGuardCity wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Statistics is only one measure when evaluating young talent, especially this 66 game season. The eye test is more reliable if you know what you're looking for.


agreed



knight got the best of Kemba in every matchup.


Kemba got the best of Knight every season
Image
KembaWalker


Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,422
And1: 334
Joined: Dec 21, 2011
Top

Post#231 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:08 pm by ComboGuardCity

I don't think you two are an accurate representation of Bobcats fans.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,171
And1: 1,777
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost
Top

Post#232 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 pm by Josephpaul

I would say the pistons.
Josephpaul
Head Coach
Posts: 7,262
And1: 293
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
Top

Post#233 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:20 pm by KembaWalker

ComboGuardCity wrote:I don't think you two are an accurate representation of Bobcats fans.


I can list out all their season raw and advanced stats if you'd like. Didn't get much a response from Kemba haters. Usually when you show people how wrong they are they stop posting anyway
Image
KembaWalker


Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,422
And1: 334
Joined: Dec 21, 2011
Top

Post#234 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm by doc.end

Kobe2ndFiddle wrote:
doc.end wrote:
Kobe2ndFiddle wrote:Definitely Pistons.

Bobcats are just in disarray. Their fanbase are the only ones who still think Kemba will be a star in this league. Dude is obviously an undersized 2 masquerading as a PG.


If you can't see that Knight has more upside than Walker then thats homerism at it finest.

I think Kemba should know his place and keep that masquerading within bounds. Othewise it may get out of hand, you may masquerade aa a PG to triple doubles and is awkard then.

more hypebeast nonsense.

even Bob Sura and Charlie Bell have recorded triple-doubles in their careers.

LOL, I don't watch NCAA, I don't care about hyped players at all (it is good to sell tickets though). I just found an average GB's person's perception of Kemba ridiculous with so many flawed facts. Everybody is just evalueating him based on their expectations. If someone buys into hypes and is biased because of that I am sorry for him (not aiming at you, just in case). The thing is with the exception of rookies who had a breakout season, it is still early to say something about first year players. Kemba showed some promise, had some flaws, which may be influenced by dysfunctional Silas coaching and almost no practices thiys year, who know to what extent. If you expefct him to be a second irving of this draft, he won't be. He is not going to be a first option on a good team. To write him off is way soon. I don't really watch Knight nor I care about him, I still see both of these consecutive picks as lump together till there is significant gap between them. Stats suggest, that claims like Knight is clearly better are signs of homerism. Speking about potential is lame, especially in case of backourt players.

After all I don't argue because "someone is wrong on the internet" and won't try to make you understand and come to reason, I'm just having a mood to have a good time reading signs of overall cluesness on general board :)
Image
doc.end
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,066
And1: 182
Joined: May 3, 2006
Location: Prague, CZE
Top

Post#235 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:28 pm by doc.end

ComboGuardCity wrote:I don't think you two are an accurate representation of Bobcats fans.

That matters and is on topic how?
Image
doc.end
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,066
And1: 182
Joined: May 3, 2006
Location: Prague, CZE
Top

Post#236 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:22 pm by BrotherDave

kurtis48239 wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:but the reason bobcats fans are getting so much hate is because you aimed your comments at the wrong people and about how delusional you are about your team.So of course someone on the det side is going to make this thread to show bobcat fans how its not just det who think your wayyy off base with your comments...



What are we delusional about again? Being the worst team in the NBA or having hope that the only way out from there is up? B/c I'm pretty sure there isn't anything really delusional about those.

Unless your point is that Detroit and Charlotte are so far apart successfully that they shouldn't be compared, which is completely negated by making a thread and continuing to harp on comparing the two.

Seriously, there is nothing to gain from comparing yourself to the worst team in the NBA, you are only making your team look worse.

1.have you read this thread.
2.I didnt make this thread.
3.I didnt need this thread to know that the pistons are the better team that was plain as day fri night,and I think the bobcats fans in here are doing a great job of that themselfs for your team.

1. Are you still posting in this thread?
2. Are you still posting in this thread, and thus guilty of keeping it alive?
3. Why am I still posting in this thread as well?

At some point we can stop slapfighting and ignore the world's most pointless thread but we have to step off the fail boat together.
I thought Royce White was worth a late 1st round/early 2nd pick by the worst team in NBA history.
BrotherDave




General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,864
And1: 1,063
Joined: May 20, 2009
Top

Post#237 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:46 pm by Warspite

The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.
Image
sig by Rocdogg
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
Warspite




RealGM
Posts: 11,788
And1: 426
Joined: Dec 12, 2003
Location: Surprise AZ
Top

Post#238 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 am by bstein14

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


LOL That's true... Bobcats could be one of the worst teams in the league for each of the next 5 years so that's an entire starting lineup of top 5 picks. Definitely a brighter future than Detroit who likely will be in the playoffs each of the next 5 years.
Image
bstein14
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 18,669
And1: 18
Joined: Jun 21, 2001
Top

Post#239 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:05 am by DetroitPistons

Wow I can't believe this thread is still active. Give it up Lolcats fans. I would advise Pistons fans to leave these delusional Lolcats fans to themselves and let the future speak for itself. We all know the answer to this question anyways and its only a matter of time before we are proven right.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drcraigvideos
reasonablefaith.org - creationwiki.org
intelligentdesign.org - icr.org
answersingenesis.org - tektonics.org
drdino.com - evolutionfairytale.com
DetroitPistons
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,043
And1: 293
Joined: Apr 18, 2010
Location: Michigan
Top

Post#240 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:15 am by BeasleyTheBeast

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats haha
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,606
And1: 45
Joined: Apr 29, 2011
Top

Post#241 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 am by BeasleyTheBeast

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats traded for Tyrus Thomas
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,606
And1: 45
Joined: Apr 29, 2011
Top

Post#242 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 am by Stun704

Image
Werd, peep what colors hes wearing
Image
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Stun704



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,680
And1: 145
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
Top

Post#243 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:19 am by Stun704

BeasleyTheBeast wrote:
Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats traded for Tyrus Thomas

that pick is very protected, and the Lolcats own a future portland pick
Image
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Stun704



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,680
And1: 145
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
Top

Post#244 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:34 am by BeasleyTheBeast

Stun704 wrote:Image
Werd, peep what colors hes wearing


Haha Lolcats colour. Was that the Jordan Brand game?
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,606
And1: 45
Joined: Apr 29, 2011
Top

Post#245 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:28 am by FlipTSO

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


I dont get this, the bobcats will be better because they'll be in the lottery for the next decade, while the pistons are in the playoffs, and that makes the pistons lesser how?

Are you saying top draft picks = success?

Because you still have to choose the right players with your top picks. The NBA doesnt just tell you the best players to pick. So you are assuming Jordan knows how to draft, which is basically a joke.
FlipTSO
Banned User
Posts: 5,442
And1: 24
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: [Vasquez], aim2please, AustinCarr61, COY0607, DeadHorse, DETermination, DG88, DK-All Day, hands11, JVL, pmfg10, SimonFish, Warspite