yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Thread

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#121 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Sun Nov 4, 2012 11:36 pm by Cool_Dude

tsherkin wrote:
Cool_Dude wrote:Wait, so you can't reply with a " :lol: " to a funny post, even in good fun on your own team's board?

What? What you do on your own board is between you and the mods local to that board; this thread is about the GenBoard's policy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Oh, ok never mind.
Cool_Dude
Junior
And1: 23

Post#122 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Tue Nov 6, 2012 11:51 am by Clyde Frazier

Enjoying my time on the forum so far. I guess i'll have to get used to this whole locking threads thing.

I saw a thread about bosh scoring 40 get locked because it should be discussed in the game day thread. Do all mods agree with this? Seems when a player has a big night, it would be easier to discuss it in its own thread. Otherwise, discussion just gets lost when there were other games played that night.

Just curious.
Clyde Frazier
Starter
And1: 657

Post#123 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Tue Nov 6, 2012 11:56 am by BadMofoPimp

Actually, I slightly agree with Clyde on the Bosh thread. Because, if his big night was discussed for only a page or two of a 30 page thread, then people would have to search through all the pages to find that discussion. It has happened to me before.

On the other hand, Clyde will find that each board is moderated uniquely in that mods on each board have their own ways of moderating. Heck, I had one of my posts disappear by a mod once.

The thing is to not take it personally which some do. When it happens to me, I find it funny and go on with my day.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#124 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Wed Nov 7, 2012 10:25 pm by UGA Hayes

I think the best way to handle a players individual night is to start a player of the day thread. Unless a game is close to historically good don't start a separate topic on it. There are ten great games a nice, we don't need a separate thread for all of them.
UGA Hayes
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 455

Post#125 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Nov 9, 2012 7:09 pm by Shot Clock

So what's with deleting threads (or moving them to some private forum) solely because some things were said in the thread that turned out wrong. People are always digging up old threads and we laugh at them and ourselves for saying things that seemed reasonable at the time but now look silly.

My guess is this happened solely because a mod was one of the people making such statements. It's really sad if this stuff is going to start here. I've seen other boards fall apart with Mods picking and choosing where to use their magic wand.

There was nothing inflammatory or in any way violating board rules. Just the same funny comments I see people adding to their sigs all the time with no issues.
Shot Clock
Assistant Coach
And1: 716

Post#126 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Nov 9, 2012 7:24 pm by tsherkin

Shot Clock wrote: People are always digging up old threads and we laugh at them and ourselves for saying things that seemed reasonable at the time but now look silly.

Well, for starters, you generally shouldn't be necro'g threads in the first place.

This is the Lakers-related thread sfernald was talking about, I presume?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 3,538

Post#127 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Nov 9, 2012 7:39 pm by John Black

Shot Clock wrote:So what's with deleting threads (or moving them to some private forum) solely because some things were said in the thread that turned out wrong. People are always digging up old threads and we laugh at them and ourselves for saying things that seemed reasonable at the time but now look silly.

My guess is this happened solely because a mod was one of the people making such statements. It's really sad if this stuff is going to start here. I've seen other boards fall apart with Mods picking and choosing where to use their magic wand.

There was nothing inflammatory or in any way violating board rules. Just the same funny comments I see people adding to their sigs all the time with no issues.

Well this would be the thing that I was wrong about in that thread.

That being said, the Lakers are not going to do anything knee jerk. Brown will get his run and if he flops this season he won't be replaced by Phil mid-season.

Phil is looking for a gig that is less hands on with a hefty pay. Not grinding out 82 + anymore.

And I was dead wrong on that. 100%. If you would have asked me yesterday I would have said the same thing.

But that is not why that 2 page, 2 month old thread was moved.
Can't Understand Normal Thinking
John Black

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 622

Post#128 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:56 am by Smash3

Great, the gb usually gets cluttered up with childish discussions as well as derailing gifs, so this is great.
Smash3
Starter
And1: 884

Post#129 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:42 pm by tysonironmike

Do the new rules mean we will never be able to have historic threads like "GoogJob/DookieGuy" ever again?
tysonironmike
Senior
And1: 4

Post#130 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm by Ginger Bean

Where can we find our "status" or "standing" in our user panel? I mean, if we have any warnings or not.
Ginger Bean
Senior
And1: 153

Post#131 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm by tsherkin

Ginger Bean wrote:Where can we find our "status" or "standing" in our user panel? I mean, if we have any warnings or not.

To my knowledge, you cannot do that yourself. That information is more for mod consumption than anything else, so there is less fodder for poster-on-poster irritability.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#132 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm by BizGilwalker

Ginger Bean wrote:Where can we find our "status" or "standing" in our user panel? I mean, if we have any warnings or not.

Click control panel: scroll down a little and you'll see "Your warning level". I don't think it shows up if you don't have any warnings in the last however long warnings take to expire. You can't see anyone else's though.
Takingbaconback wrote:Would anyone really be that surprised if Dieng was a better player than Wiggins in the next 5 years?
BizGilwalker

RealGM
And1: 2,090

Post#133 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm by tsherkin

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:

Click control panel: scroll down a little and you'll see "Your warning level". I don't think it shows up if you don't have any warnings in the last however long warnings take to expire. You can't see anyone else's though.

Yes, this, my bad. with board roll-overs, new policy and lengthy periods of time, you can't see everything that we can, but recent stuff may show. Your poster tag will change sometimes, as well.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#134 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm by This IsMy House

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:

So do the warning levels go down? And what is the number scale?
I Stand With The []_[]!
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 187

Post#135 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 pm by Pimpwerx

The forum is displaying weird for me in Chrome now. For the last week or so. The heading is all text, so it takes up like 12 pages at the top of every page. The rest of the forum displays fine, but this is really bad. In IE, it displays fine. It worked fine on an iPad I used today too, so it's just Chrome for me. Am I alone? PEACE.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 75

Post#136 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 pm by tsherkin

Pimpwerx wrote:The forum is displaying weird for me in Chrome now. For the last week or so. The heading is all text, so it takes up like 12 pages at the top of every page. The rest of the forum displays fine, but this is really bad. In IE, it displays fine. It worked fine on an iPad I used today too, so it's just Chrome for me. Am I alone? PEACE.

This is a thread about policy questions, not glitches. Please create a relevant thread on the feedback forum.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#137 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 am by TheToothFairy

tsherkin wrote:
CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:

Yes, this, my bad. with board roll-overs, new policy and lengthy periods of time, you can't see everything that we can, but recent stuff may show. Your poster tag will change sometimes, as well.

What do the warning #'s actually man?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 292

Post#138 General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:36 pm by MellowRose

Hey guys,

New to RealGM's forum, but been lurking for quite a while, and I have a quick question, I hope someone can answer.

Why is there a set limit to how many days you have to wait before you can post in the General Board? I find it to be really lame...
MellowRose

Lead Assistant
And1: 830

Post#139 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm by livintoolive

I didn't even know that existed but it seems like a good idea. You see, sometimes the new users (affectionately referred to as ballboys around these parts) will make silly posts and worse silly threads. Threads that are completely unworthy of being threads. Would you believe that? So to prevent those silly asinine threads, there seems to be a minimum post/day threshold.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 144

Post#140 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm by Thugger HBC

Honestly didn't know there was one.

Take a read in the general board new rules section.

If that isn't suffice, try to PM a site admin....preferably Howard, he'll gladly answer your question.

I'm gonna move your thread to the General board section, it really doesn't belong here.
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 3,969
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board