yardbarker

New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Thread

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#136 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 pm by tsherkin

Pimpwerx wrote:The forum is displaying weird for me in Chrome now. For the last week or so. The heading is all text, so it takes up like 12 pages at the top of every page. The rest of the forum displays fine, but this is really bad. In IE, it displays fine. It worked fine on an iPad I used today too, so it's just Chrome for me. Am I alone? PEACE.

This is a thread about policy questions, not glitches. Please create a relevant thread on the feedback forum.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 3,544

Post#137 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 am by TheToothFairy

tsherkin wrote:
CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:
Ginger Bean wrote:Where can we find our "status" or "standing" in our user panel? I mean, if we have any warnings or not.

Click control panel: scroll down a little and you'll see "Your warning level". I don't think it shows up if you don't have any warnings in the last however long warnings take to expire. You can't see anyone else's though.

Yes, this, my bad. with board roll-overs, new policy and lengthy periods of time, you can't see everything that we can, but recent stuff may show. Your poster tag will change sometimes, as well.

What do the warning #'s actually man?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 292

Post#138 General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:36 pm by MellowRose

Hey guys,

New to RealGM's forum, but been lurking for quite a while, and I have a quick question, I hope someone can answer.

Why is there a set limit to how many days you have to wait before you can post in the General Board? I find it to be really lame...
MellowRose

Lead Assistant
And1: 840

Post#139 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm by livintoolive

I didn't even know that existed but it seems like a good idea. You see, sometimes the new users (affectionately referred to as ballboys around these parts) will make silly posts and worse silly threads. Threads that are completely unworthy of being threads. Would you believe that? So to prevent those silly asinine threads, there seems to be a minimum post/day threshold.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 144

Post#140 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm by Thugger HBC

Honestly didn't know there was one.

Take a read in the general board new rules section.

If that isn't suffice, try to PM a site admin....preferably Howard, he'll gladly answer your question.

I'm gonna move your thread to the General board section, it really doesn't belong here.
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 4,003
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#141 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 pm by Goldtop

livintoolive wrote:I didn't even know that existed but it seems like a good idea. You see, sometimes the new users (affectionately referred to as ballboys around these parts) will make silly posts and worse silly threads. Threads that are completely unworthy of being threads. Would you believe that? So to prevent those silly asinine threads, there seems to be a minimum post/day threshold.

tbh, what's silly is that mods dictate what is "thread-worthy". As long as its bball related and not deragotory, idk how a mod can say who's opinion is worthy of a thread and who's isn't.
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#142 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:23 pm by BizGilwalker

How the hell did you post here???????

Thought it was a 100 day wait?
GM-A-Team: OKC:
Al Jefferson / Chris Kaman / Martin
Taj Gibson / David West / Tolliver
Kevin Durant / Chris Douglas-Roberts / Lewis
Klay Thompson / Ray Allen / Anthony Morrow
Russell Westbrook / Nate Robinson / Barbosa/ Nash
HC: Steve Clifford
BizGilwalker

RealGM
And1: 2,106

Post#143 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:23 pm by crosko42

Pretty sure its in place to stop people who get banned from just making hundreds of new accounts in a row to continue posting in the gb.
crosko42
Starter
And1: 615

Post#144 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:38 pm by BKAY

Goldtop wrote:
livintoolive wrote:I didn't even know that existed but it seems like a good idea. You see, sometimes the new users (affectionately referred to as ballboys around these parts) will make silly posts and worse silly threads. Threads that are completely unworthy of being threads. Would you believe that? So to prevent those silly asinine threads, there seems to be a minimum post/day threshold.

tbh, what's silly is that mods dictate what is "thread-worthy". As long as its bball related and not deragotory, idk how a mod can say who's opinion is worthy of a thread and who's isn't.

True to an extent but people cant seem to let these terrible threads go by without telling OP how terrible it is or posting a gif. So they clog up the 1st pages while quality threads get buried.
BKAY

Sixth Man
And1: 308

Post#145 Re: General Board Question
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:56 pm by UGA Hayes

I am merging this with the GB questions sticky. The rule is there in part to allow new posters to understand the rules for the GB so that they don't start breaking rules and saying they didn't know what the rules were.
UGA Hayes
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 455

Post#146 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:51 am by Jaykoolzboy

What is backseat moderating? I receive a warning for backseat moderating. Please advise.
"Yea wtf HAHA, I would take Rubio over Westbrook 10 times out of 10"

By cube
Jaykoolzboy

Assistant Coach
And1: 22

Post#147 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm by Nanogeek

Jaykoolzboy wrote:What is backseat moderating? I receive a warning for backseat moderating. Please advise.

If you tell people that they are violating board policies but you aren't yourself a moderator.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 127

Post#148 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 pm by BadMofoPimp

Nanogeek wrote:
Jaykoolzboy wrote:What is backseat moderating? I receive a warning for backseat moderating. Please advise.

If you tell people that they are violating board policies but you aren't yourself a moderator.

Wait, I thought Backseast moderating is when Posters tell Moderators how they should drive or moderate the board. You know, from the back seat.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,648

Post#149 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 pm by tsherkin

If you want to comment on a post in a way that suggests moderator action (lock this thread, that's trolling, etc), use the report function.

That's why it's there.

Posting about it in-thread is derailing and backseat moderating... And won't actually tell a moderator what's happening, while using the report function will.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#150 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 am by Apathy

I have no idea why my Kyrie Irving thread was locked. All I did was stick to the facts.
Apathy
Veteran
And1: 36

Post#151 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Thu Jan 3, 2013 4:58 pm by John Black

Apathy wrote:I have no idea why my Kyrie Irving thread was locked. All I did was stick to the facts.

In the locked thread:

Basti wrote:A topic like this belongs to the Player Comparison Board.
Can't Understand Normal Thinking
John Black

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 633

Post#152 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Jan 4, 2013 12:03 am by Apathy

Who was I comparing him to?
Apathy
Veteran

Post#153 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:40 pm by tsherkin

Apathy wrote:Who was I comparing him to?

You made a discussion about whether he's a top-5, elite point guard; it was definitively comparing him to basically every starting PG in the league, but more particularly to all of the guards people typically think of as among the best PGs in the league. Any time ranking a player relative to his peers enters the equation, it's a blatant player comparison and belongs on the PC Board.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#154 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:01 pm by Apathy

Fair enough, I 'spose. But why not just move it instead of locking it?
Apathy
Veteran

Post#155 Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Th
Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:23 am by raleigh

Currently, 10 of the first page threads pertain to Lakers' players. May I request we go ahead and change the website to lakersgm.com?
raleigh
Lead Assistant
And1: 28

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board