Lets talk about Alexey Shved

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,624

Re: Lets talk about Alexey Shved 

Post#181 » by thinktank » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:07 pm

rockmanslim wrote:Just noticed Shved looks like Chris Kattan

I don't see it.
What would you pay a guy putting up 18 and 11 in the playoffs?
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#182 » by Swish4 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 pm

His skills fit the NBA much better than Euroball. Was a great 3 point shooter in Russia too, and it looks like he's getting the range down from the NBA 3 arc.
Ashwinz.
Sixth Man
And1: 566

Post#183 » by Ashwinz. » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:27 pm

I just wish he showed a little more emotion during the game, rather than always keeping his head down.

I love his Game. I think this game isn't too fast for him, Reminds me of Toni Kukoc, with a small amount of Manu in him (Manu is pretty reckless, and tries to initiate contact, while Shved avoids it, and plays in a very controlled manner) but they are always looking for the best play, rather than a play for themselves.

I can't wait for this future duo to run the league for years to come with Rubio/Shved.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Post#184 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:52 pm

From Sunday

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-VzAtt8O3Y[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#185 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm really happy for him, he seems to be playing great and I hope for nothing but the best. It's about time things start going in the way of the T-Wolves :-)
Donald Trump is an idiot.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#186 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Breaks my heart seeing him succeed. I really wanted Shved over Hinrich. Kudos to Kahn.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,239

Post#187 » by sfernald » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:39 pm

From what I've seen of Shved, which I must admit has been a bit limited, I have been very impressed.

He was what I thought Rudy Fernandez was going to be.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#188 » by GeneralNbaFan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Klomp wrote:
GeneralNbaFan wrote:This.... And if Westbrook and Rose are pgs, than is AS also a pg!

If Westrbrook and Rose were 6'6" like Shved is, they would NOT be point guards.

The point was : He played pg in his previous teams!
I just wanted to add, he isnt a Chris Paul type pg but still! And his height doesnt matter!
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Post#189 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:44 pm

AQuintus wrote:Shved can play the SG spot, though. Just like Kobe, Wade, and Ginobili can (and occasionally do) play PG. That doesn't change the fact that they're SGs.

Not that this is relevant to the point that Else-where was trying to make since not only is Shved not a backup pg for Minnesota, I can't think of any times that he's played PG at all this year (which makes sense since we're so deep at PG and so thin on the wings), and he's not even backing up the SG spot anymore.

Kobe and Wade have for the most part been the the primary ball handlers for their team throughout their career. That's the guy who in reality is the PG, as opposed to someone like Derek Fisher.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#190 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:19 am

sixerswillrule wrote:Kobe and Wade have for the most part been the the primary ball handlers for their team throughout their career. That's the guy who in reality is the PG, as opposed to someone like Derek Fisher.

No, that is what's called a ballhandling SG.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Post#191 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:38 am

Klomp wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:Kobe and Wade have for the most part been the the primary ball handlers for their team throughout their career. That's the guy who in reality is the PG, as opposed to someone like Derek Fisher.

No, that is what's called a ballhandling SG.

PG should be synonymous with "player who runs the offense", is it not?
Kobe ran the offense, not Derek Fisher.
I just think it's strange that if you have, for example, B+ playmaking and A- scoring, you're a SG, but if you have C playmaking and C passing, you're a PG by default simply due to height. Or even ignoring height...You never here any controversy that Jameer Nelson is really a SG and not a PG, but with Rose and Westbrook people bring that up again and again, even though Rose and Westbrook are clearly better passers/playmakers than Nelson.

The confusion here goes further to show what I always stress, that position labels are meaningless. Basketball is a game of putting players on the court that fit together, not putting them into little boxes on paper with strict definitions. It doesn't work that way.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 am

Kevin Garnett initiated the offense many times in Minnesota, yet no one ever rushed to call him a PG.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#193 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:49 pm

12 pts, 10 asts vs. Phoenix
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjqfffaw568[/youtube]

Mix:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3S8RkThcM[/youtube]

Green Apple
Freshman
And1: 135

Post#194 » by Green Apple » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Shved is certainly a rising star in the basketball galaxy. There's almost nothing more that needs to be said, we're watching a dazzling young basketball virtuoso rise to global prominence with his transcendently unique game. We're having the pleasure to witness the rise of such a force, soon it will be our delight to see this magician grow into his glorious prime. We seek in vain to find any comparison that will do shved service, but alas we have not yet been witness to such an event. The mention of the name Shved elicit reminders of another prodigy, this man went by the name of Mozart. Such a comparison would humble many, but Shved seems to overwhelm even this comparison. Mozart may have his requiem but there's no telling how many scintillating pieces this extraordinaire will have created by the time his conquering career will have come to a triumphant close.
kd35sneighbor
RealGM
And1: 86

Post#195 » by kd35sneighbor » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm not impressed at all with Shved. He's above average, but nothing awesome. A lot of hype surrounding him because he's the new kid on the block, but IMO, his ceiling is pretty low. Role player at best.
Runnin' these Oklahoma streets. Follow me on Twitter @kd35sneighbor!
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,011

Post#196 » by rockmanslim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Green Apple wrote:Shved is certainly a rising star in the basketball galaxy. There's almost nothing more that needs to be said, we're watching a dazzling young basketball virtuoso rise to global prominence with his transcendently unique game. We're having the pleasure to witness the rise of such a force, soon it will be our delight to see this magician grow into his glorious prime. We seek in vain to find any comparison that will do shved service, but alas we have not yet been witness to such an event. The mention of the name Shved elicit reminders of another prodigy, this man went by the name of Mozart. Such a comparison would humble many, but Shved seems to overwhelm even this comparison. Mozart may have his requiem but there's no telling how many scintillating pieces this extraordinaire will have created by the time his conquering career will have come to a triumphant close.

click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Return to The General Board