Lets talk about Alexey Shved

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,932

Re: Lets talk about Alexey Shved 

Post#46 » by Ice Trae » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:46 pm

flip murray with better passing
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,856

Post#47 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:06 am

Nine games in, reviews are positive. Averaging 10.4 ppg and 4.2 apg in 23.2 mpg off the bench. Tonight he scored 22 points and dished 7 assists in almost 33 minutes off the bench.

He's a guy that Adelman is trusting in the 4th quarter to help bring the team back from huge deficits. And the ball is in his hands on almost every possession late in games.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WQ7Qe3_mnU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=043QVD15_78[/youtube]

“@Twolves_PR: Tonight was Shved's fifth double-digit scoring night (third straight) and fourth game of 5+ assists in his last five contests. #Twolves”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#48 » by TwentyOne920 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:10 am

He's got elements of Manu Ginobili, but he's distinct enough to be his own player.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:14 am

More early season highlights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S3HaBTIgfY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVGJAdPxXy0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVUq2S_W9DQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoVQcq4WeaQ[/youtube]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#50 » by dballislife » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:27 am

shooting .360 .200 so far, looks like he can create some though...at 6'6 180-190 doesnt look like he'll score or defend much anytime soon
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

dballislife wrote:shooting .360 .200 so far, looks like he can create some though...at 6'6 180-190 doesnt look like he'll score or defend much anytime soon

Then you'll be surprised when you stop looking at the box scores and actually watch him in a game.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#52 » by C.lupus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Klomp wrote:Nine games in, reviews are positive. Averaging 10.4 ppg and 4.2 apg in 23.2 mpg off the bench. Tonight he scored 22 points and dished 7 assists in almost 33 minutes off the bench.

He's a guy that Adelman is trusting in the 4th quarter to help bring the team back from huge deficits. And the ball is in his hands on almost every possession late in games.

The interesting stat for me is that he is averaging 10.4 ppg total and averaging 7 ppg in the fourth quarter.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 pm

C.lupus wrote:The interesting stat for me is that he is averaging 10.4 ppg total and averaging 7 ppg in the fourth quarter.

And that's huge on an Adelman-coached team. Shows that Coach has confidence in him.

kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#54 » by kakaman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 pm

With Roy hobbling, do you guys think Adelman will have a Rubio-Shved backcourt?
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#55 » by StatLine » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm

The dude can ball, but he takes ill-advised shots sometimes. The Wolves have great depth at the PG position.
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#56 » by Krodis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:10 pm

dballislife wrote:shooting .360 .200 so far, looks like he can create some though...at 6'6 180-190 doesnt look like he'll score or defend much anytime soon

TS% is .504, which isn't good, but not nearly as bad as his individual percentages make it seem. Seems to be getting to the line. Takes a lot of threes, despite the low percentage thus far. I'd imagine he starts hitting some.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#57 » by C.lupus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:12 pm

kakaman wrote:With Roy hobbling, do you guys think Adelman will have a Rubio-Shved backcourt?

Who knows if Adelman will put him in the starting unit but I would bet good money there will be plenty of Rubio-Shved backcourt minutes in the fourth quarter. A Rubio-Shved-Kirilenko-Love-Pekovic lineup is going to be fun to watch.

StatLine wrote:The dude can ball, but he takes ill-advised shots sometimes. The Wolves have great depth at the PG position.

He does take some ill-advised shots. He also makes too many passes from the air and he gets caught in the air frequently. He should adjust, though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6o0UcFOeHc[/youtube]

Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#59 » by Elden Payton » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 am

He reminds me of Bobby Sura.
Taki
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#60 » by Taki » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks for the video posts Klomp. I saw him make that 4 point play with the 3, the nice passes, and the move to the basket with a condescending announcer (HE'S USING HIS MUSCLE, USING ANY MUSCLE HE DOES HAVE TO MAKE A GOOD MOVE TO THE BASKET). You can be strong, I believe it's called "wirey strong" or something. I'm sure he can work out next off season or something. He's not a PF so it's not like it matters.

Anyway a Rubio-Shved back court will be the flashiest team in the NBA, his %s are low right now but that's cause he's adjusting to the NBA game and it will normalize in due time, he does take some bad shots sometimes which was the knock on him in the euroleague. He reminds me of Ginobili and has potential to be better than him.

My question is what do the wolves need now to get over the hump? Kirilenko has been insane for them but what should the starting line up look like once everyone is healthy? Shout out to Josh Howard who has been solid thus far.

Twolves are becoming one of my fav teams. Though I have to question why every year Kevin Love gets huge numbers yet they don't make the playoffs, could it be because his bad defense off-sets his offense? The pace they play at? I just don't know with him.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#61 » by wildvikeswolves » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 am

We were a playoff team last year until Rubio got injured. It's not Loves fault he's had a crap team his whole career and 2 of the worst coaches ever until Adelman
black bart
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#62 » by black bart » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:48 am

Kevin Love played with Michael Beasley as his second best player and wes johnson as starting small forward. He also played with darko starting as well. Darko + Webster + Wesley Johnson + beasley is like the worst lineup ever. I don't even know if lebron james could take that team to the playoffs.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#63 » by Frank Mulely » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 am

Klomp wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6o0UcFOeHc[/youtube]

Career games against GSW don't count :lol:
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
CodyB_
Pro Prospect
And1: 389

Post#64 » by CodyB_ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 pm

This guy pulls up on this close to mid range jumper as quick as any guard in the NBA, he's composed out to the three point line and he feeds of the pick and roll/pop very well.

Someone said earlier on Brent Barry, I'm thinking more along the lines of Jamal Crawford with passing ability.

This guy doesn't look like a Euro. His percentages were awesome in the Euroleague, once he figures his spots in the NBA and gets a little more help from a returning Love and Rubio, he will be much more efficient.
Don't be a jerk.
HB2
Pro Prospect
And1: 93

Post#65 » by HB2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:He reminds me more of Brent Barry from his Sonic days.... and if he is that type of player... he will find his niche in the NBA.

There are not that many players with Bones skill set...

pretty good comparison. i think shved's ability to create his own shot is a bit better, but i think barry's decision making was better.
shved's a solid playmaker but he can attempt some pretty risky, low% plays.

We need some Brent Barry Love...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXg-k_1NGMY&feature=related[/youtube]

His Crip Walk...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tawdmsHSYBY&feature=related[/youtube]

It is shame that most people don't really how smooth the guy was when he was playing... Most people think of him as a deadeye spot up shooter in his later days.

Skils and mixes and better than some of the superstar's - why he never became at least a solid all-star?
koko wrote:
YFZblu wrote:
koko wrote:I want to F Navarro. Do him some nasty things.

:o

Watchin him play makes me horny. Deal with it, i did.

Return to The General Board