The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread 

Post#21 » by dballislife » Tue Oct 9, 2012 1:45 am

sullinger has looked good
rivers sucks
ross can shoot and defend but it stops there
barnes has impressed
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#22 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Tue Oct 9, 2012 1:53 am

Choker wrote:Ross has looked really good, silky smooth jumpshot and awesome defense, though what I was impressed the most by was that he doesn't play like a rookie. He understands his role in the team and knows how to work in the context of an offense, although he'll have the odd play where he'll go one on one.

Paul George clone

JR : Next Gen
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#23 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 1:58 am

I liked Ross coming out of college. Was a fan of the Raptors picking him, too. Not sure why so many people hated the pick.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,959

Post#24 » by Blazing_royale » Tue Oct 9, 2012 2:01 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:I liked Ross coming out of college. Was a fan of the Raptors picking him, too. Not sure why so many people hated the pick.

b/c the raptors should have taken Lamb
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#25 » by ManualRam » Tue Oct 9, 2012 2:04 am

dballislife wrote:ross can shoot and defend but it stops there

and he can create his own shot off the bounce...and he moves well without the ball...and he's very fast filling the wings in transition, which will happen more with a guy like lowry at the helm as opposed to calderon.

nothing wrong with that skillset at the 2.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#26 » by Kabookalu » Tue Oct 9, 2012 2:04 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:I liked Ross coming out of college. Was a fan of the Raptors picking him, too. Not sure why so many people hated the pick.

Mostly because mocks had him out of our range and that although he was a player Colangelo was looking at, not many suspected he was in consideration to get picked so not many had done their research on him. Once the smoke cleared and the fans looked him up and watched his mixes many agree that he was a great pick.
Read on Twitter
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#27 » by JunkYardSubs » Tue Oct 9, 2012 2:59 am

Choker wrote:Ross has looked really good, silky smooth jumpshot and awesome defense, though what I was impressed the most by was that he doesn't play like a rookie. He understands his role in the team and knows how to work in the context of an offense, although he'll have the odd play where he'll go one on one.

:clap:
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,537

Post#28 » by DG88 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 3:44 am

Ya I was very impressed with Ross today. He's got a smooth game and a silky jumpshot. He'll be huge in the second unit this year, he can fill it up rather quickly.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,429

Post#29 » by G R E Y » Tue Oct 9, 2012 3:49 am

He passed well, too. Very good bball IQ and didn't at all looked phased by the moment. Really looked like he fit in and belonged. He has a very good all around game. Impressive start:) I'm glad we took him.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#30 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:40 am

Lillard vs Lakers on wednesday ..he'll probly go off on Duhon|Blake

JR : Next Gen
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,247

Post#31 » by sfernald » Tue Oct 9, 2012 6:29 am

Really liked Ross. Good for Raptor fans! Playoffs this year?
FlipTSO
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#32 » by FlipTSO » Tue Oct 9, 2012 6:34 am

Watch out for Pistons rookie Center, 7-0, 250lbs Slava Kravtsov. Signed from Europe, he's 24 yrs old with many years of professional exp already. Usually those Euro's with exp play good as rookies. Word is he's had a great camp so far. Athletic freak shot-blocker, who's great on D.

Drummond of course too will be great to watch, but also Kim English and Kyle Singler. Pistons have 4 quality rookies to follow this year. I expect at least one to make a big impact.

Pistons vs Raps Wednesday. Drummond/JV should be a fun matchup for preseason.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#33 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 6:34 am

Wow reading the first 2 pages of this thread make me feel like i missed out on a T Ross bl* job.

i also like the T ross pick, but mostly because it allowed the pistons to grab AD1. Also its preseason, not going to get too hyped up, then again piston's haven't played. i think Ross was a good pick, but they need to do seomthing with DD
FlipTSO
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#34 » by FlipTSO » Tue Oct 9, 2012 6:42 am

DENIED

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxzbbxaE0o[/youtube]
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#35 » by Kabookalu » Tue Oct 9, 2012 7:57 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Wow reading the first 2 pages of this thread make me feel like i missed out on a T Ross bl* job.

i also like the T ross pick, but mostly because it allowed the pistons to grab AD1. Also its preseason, not going to get too hyped up, then again piston's haven't played. i think Ross was a good pick, but they need to do seomthing with DD

We were kept out of this thread last season because we had no rookies so most of us are anxious to join in on this again, to the dismay of the rest of RealGM though :lol:

Read on Twitter
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#36 » by BruceO » Tue Oct 9, 2012 10:49 am

if both t ross and jonas played i wonder how long this thread would be by now lol
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#37 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 9, 2012 12:17 pm

GhostX wrote:Lillard vs Lakers on wednesday ..he'll probly go off on Duhon|Blake

Would not shock me to see Damien Lillard go off on Nash, too, (and most other NBA starters). Lillard is that good. Offensively, Lillard seems like a very dynamic player.

I don't think he's coming into the league better than the great players of the game, like Nash, but I do think Lillard will be a superstar talent in 2 years.
Bye bye Beal.
Sc0pe92
Sixth Man
And1: 597

Post#38 » by Sc0pe92 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 1:07 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjaIWUrn5Gg&list=UUWJ2lWNubArHWmf3FIHbfcQ&index=5&feature=plcp[/youtube]
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,537

Post#39 » by DG88 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 1:14 pm

FlipTSO wrote:Watch out for Pistons rookie Center, 7-0, 250lbs Slava Kravtsov. Signed from Europe, he's 24 yrs old with many years of professional exp already. Usually those Euro's with exp play good as rookies. Word is he's had a great camp so far. Athletic freak shot-blocker, who's great on D.

Drummond of course too will be great to watch, but also Kim English and Kyle Singler. Pistons have 4 quality rookies to follow this year. I expect at least one to make a big impact.

Pistons vs Raps Wednesday. Drummond/JV should be a fun matchup for preseason.

Not sure if Jonas will even play tomorrow. The Raps still have him sidelined with the calf strain. Coach Casey says he might play this week. So the earliest we could see the Drummond/Valanciunas match-up is when we face you guys on Friday.

Edit: Casey says he might play tomorrow depending on how he feels after his first full contact practice. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Dweetright
Junior
And1: 80

Post#40 » by Dweetright » Tue Oct 9, 2012 5:34 pm

How's Jeremy Lamb so far?

Return to The General Board