Race to the MVP.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Re: Race to the MVP. 

Post#441 » by Krodis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:01 am

wafer88 wrote:
Krodis wrote:Paul I simply forgot, obviously Paul as well.

Durant's scoring is down a bit (But so is pretty much everyone's at this point), but his scoring efficiency is as high as ever, he's compensating for Perkins total lack of rebounding (averaging over 10 a game), and he's even playmaking a bit more this year.

This is off the top of my head but Durant is in my fantasy team and I'm pretty sure he has more TO'S than Assists. So yeah he might be play making a bit more this year, but he's doing an absoloutely terrible job at it.

The same could be said about Carmelo Anthony.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,287

Post#442 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 am

Krodis wrote:
wafer88 wrote:

Durant's scoring is down a bit (But so is pretty much everyone's at this point), but his scoring efficiency is as high as ever, he's compensating for Perkins total lack of rebounding (averaging over 10 a game), and he's even playmaking a bit more this year.

This is off the top of my head but Durant is in my fantasy team and I'm pretty sure he has more TO'S than Assists. So yeah he might be play making a bit more this year, but he's doing an absoloutely terrible job at it.

I'm not exactly on the Carmelo for MVP bangwagon, so that comment doesn't really apply to me. I'm just stating facts...Durant's higher assists is not a good thing by any means, as it's coming with way more turnovers.
Krodis
Lead Assistant

Post#443 » by Krodis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:08 am

It's not that much more turnovers, but I'd agree he should probably just get back to scoring as opposed to playmaking.
raps_aviator
Pro Prospect
And1: 208

Post#444 » by raps_aviator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:38 am

LBJ is going to get his 4th MVP this season with him carrying the Miami Heat team.. the offense starts with him, creating for shane battier, ray allen and mike miller as well as making plays for himself. Not to mention that he is clutch now and also grabs 10 boards.
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#445 » by Tien » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 am

Night in, night out, he's several notches above anyone else in the league.
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#446 » by TheGarden » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:43 am

Krodis wrote:
wafer88 wrote:

difference is Carmelo is averaging a career low in TO's and playing with pass 1st guards so he isn't getting assist because the offense is flowing through their guards
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#447 » by TwentyOne920 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am

Especially since Melo is playing in the post instead of isolating.

The Knicks offense is pretty good. Can't feed Melo in the post? Run a Felton/Chandler P&R. Need some buckets? Set off-ball screens for Kidd/Novak/Smith.

How the hell did Mike "Iso-Joe" Woodson do this, I have no idea.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#448 » by AntwanBoldin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:19 am

Brook Lopez has gone from MVP dark horse to #1with a bullet
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#449 » by A Diddy2231 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 pm

AntwanBoldin wrote:Brook Lopez has gone from MVP dark horse to #1with a bullet

Lopez will get hurt and miss half the season and not be in the MVP discussion
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
Krodis
Lead Assistant

Post#450 » by Krodis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

AntwanBoldin wrote:Brook Lopez has gone from MVP dark horse to #1with a bullet

Is this now the topic where whenever one of your team's players has a good game, they're now the MVP front-runner?
jayjamesson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#451 » by jayjamesson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:54 pm

There's that James guy, then there's the other fighting for 2nd place.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#452 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

jayjamesson wrote:There's that James guy, then there's the other fighting for 2nd place.

Not if the Heat keep losing to all the top teams. With that stacked team they need to win 60 games for Bron to get another MVP.
litex
Veteran
And1: 425

Post#453 » by litex » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:17 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
jayjamesson wrote:There's that James guy, then there's the other fighting for 2nd place.

Not if the Heat keep losing to all the top teams. With that stacked team they need to win 60 games for Bron to get another MVP.

If Wade doesn't get himself right, that team isn't *that* stacked. i mean, its definitely good, but I wouldn't say miles ahead of other contenders like OKC or LA (if they get it together). Its basically Lebron, Bosh, and a bunch of dudes who primarily just exist to hit wide open 3 pointers.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#454 » by JordansBulls » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:22 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

The Heat need the top seed as well clearly. They were the only team who even got voted to win the East, so why would a guy get MVP again not having the best record in the conference with probably another 2 allstars on his team at that?
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#455 » by JordansBulls » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 pm

litex wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

If Wade doesn't get himself right, that team isn't *that* stacked. i mean, its definitely good, but I wouldn't say miles ahead of other contenders like OKC or LA (if they get it together). Its basically Lebron, Bosh, and a bunch of dudes who primarily just exist to hit wide open 3 pointers.

OKC isn't stacked. They don't even have a post player that can score in the paint.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#456 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 pm

litex wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

If Ray Allen is coming off your bench then yes your team is stacked. Last years Heat team was stacked and this one is even better. Bron's not going to win the MVP every season without finally having the top seed on the most talented team in the NBA.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#457 » by EscapoTHB » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

They're not going to keep losing to all of the top teams. They lost to the Clippers and Memphis on this same road trip last year. They also lost to the knicks last year and the year before.

Now that they have this roadtrip out of the way--they'll probably go on a winning streak if Lebron stays healthy.

I don't expect the Knicks to win the East. Fast start notwithstanding. They remind me a bit of some of the fast starts the Magic used to get off on in years past where they would be trouncing teams in November and looking amazing--and then fade as the season progressed. Even with the slow starts, I think you're probably still looking at the top of the east being Miami, Boston, Brooklyn, and then New York.
smha201
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#458 » by smha201 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Both JordansBulls and TheKingOfVa360 making great points across the board. Props, I'm enjoying reading these sensible posts - a refreshing change of pace from the usual garbage that runs amok.
BAT - Cleveland Cavaliers:
H.C.: T. Thibodeau
PG: Russell Westbrook / JJ Barea / Nolan Smith
SG: Danny Green / Gerald Henderson
SF: Shawn Marion / Marcus Morris / Sasha Pavlovic
PF: Zach Randolph / Brandan Wright / Tobias Harris
C: Channing Frye / Ekpe Udoh
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#459 » by PCProductions » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 pm

And the same level of scrutiny for Lebron ensues. It's amazing how underrated he's become due to how accustomed we are to his mastery of every aspect of the game (except free throws, I guess)
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#460 » by nyk_buc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm

It's LBJ's to lose, unless voters get tired of voting for LBJ.

If you watch this guy night in and night out, NOBODY is close to the guy. And LBJ is on cruise control. His effort level now compared to the playoffs are completely different.

Return to The General Board