Is Thomas Robinson a complete bust?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Re: Is Thomas Robinson a complete bust? 

Post#121 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm

rockmanslim wrote:Why does NBA.com list him as 6' 10"? :eek:

Because everybody gets exaggerated there.

He's closer to 6'8". And this prototype stuff is nonsense. He's very atheltic, but its on an atheltic/midrange chassis. Other guys his height are bulls. He doesn't have that power build and is checking in at about 240lbs, which is a bit light in the slippers for a PF. Comparing him to an oak like Mailman is comical. Or to guys with similar height like Love or Boozer. When you see him standing next to other PFs you can see the difference. He is a full strength class above guys like Hakim Warrick though. Maybe closer to Kenyon Martin.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#122 » by Jase » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm

I can't help but to think that if he were on a team that knew what they were doing, he'd be much more impressive.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#123 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Jase wrote:I can't help but to think that if he were on a team that knew what they were doing, he'd be much more impressive.

Maybe he could ride pine behind Jason Maxiel. :wink:
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#124 » by TheToothFairy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm

U can't be a bust if u haven't played
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,375

Post#125 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Cousins is out again tonight, so either T-Rob will be starting, or the first big coming off the bench. If he stays out of foul trouble, he's bound to get at least 20-25 minutes.
dodongo
Senior
And1: 400

Post#126 » by dodongo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:

He's closer to 6'8". And this prototype stuff is nonsense. He's very atheltic, but its on an atheltic/midrange chassis. Other guys his height are bulls. He doesn't have that power build and is checking in at about 240lbs, which is a bit light in the slippers for a PF. Comparing him to an oak like Mailman is comical. Or to guys with similar height like Love or Boozer. When you see him standing next to other PFs you can see the difference. He is a full strength class above guys like Hakim Warrick though. Maybe closer to Kenyon Martin.

I agree with this.

He actually has the same exact barefoot height measurement as Kevin Love, Carlos Boozer, Glen Davis, Sully, etc.

same exact standing reach as Love too.

So height/length isn't (or shouldn't be) the issue here.

I think his skill set doesn't fit his strength class at the moment, even though he is ripped
his frame is narrow compared to Love, Booz, etc.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#127 » by King d » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:

Not everybody, Bradley Beal is almost 6'5 in shoes but for some reason he is listed as 6'3.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#128 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Thread should be re-named "Sacramento Kings: Prospect killers"

Killing Tyreke, killing Cousins, killing thompson(tried to last season before he got minutes), killing Jimmer, and now Trob.

Honestly did the Maloufs watch Major League too many times, but never all the way threw to the ending?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#129 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Robinson is 6'7.75 barefoot, meaning 6'9 with shoes and has a 7'3.25 wing span, which is quite good, although his standing reach is a tad pedestrian.

He's not super tall, but he's far from undersized.

Never look at height in shoes listed on sites like the NBA or Yahoo. Not even DX, where they demonstrate exactly why you simply take barefoot height and add 1'2.5 inches.

At the combine players wear all types of different sneakers trying to cheat the system, Dr. Scholl's, anything to get an edge and that's why you see players that are almost 2 full inches taller then their barefoot height and then players who could care less and only go 1 inch taller.

But as a whole, it seems most basketball sneakers add about 1.25 inches as an in general when their aren't shenanigans afoot. So that is pretty much an accurate control to get true playing height.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#130 » by Foye » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:38 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Ricky ROY Rubio wrote:It was clear to see that Robinson would be a terrible nba player and shouldn't have been a lottery ppick. The dude is straight garbage.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent analysis.

Sent from my Brain through my Keyboard using Commonsense.

:lol:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#131 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:39 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Thread should be re-named "Sacramento Kings: Prospect killers"

Killing Tyreke, killing Cousins, killing thompson(tried to last season before he got minutes), killing Jimmer, and now Trob.

Honestly did the Maloufs watch Major League too many times, but never all the way threw to the ending?

Or here's a thought... Maybe they just don't draft very well and their prospects are always overrated big time boom or bust risks?

Maybe it's that simple?

Although I love Cousins potential if he can get his head on straight and still think Robinson will be a fine glue guy garbage man, similar to a cross between Millsap and Horford.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#132 » by Hoopz Afrik » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 pm

He the bust label quicker than Mike Brown got the axe from the Lakers. It's a little premature to label this guy a bust but everyone is entitled their own opinion.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,900

Post#133 » by tsherkin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Dude has a 5-game NBA career. "Bust" should not be in the lexicon for a player who has been in the league less than a full season... and really, less than 2 or 3 full seasons. You want a rookie contract to play out (or near to it) before you make that call because learning curves aren't all the same... and are affected by position, team context, etc, etc.

He's got mad turnover problems, has been terribly inefficient, rebounds at a decent level for a guy who's basically 6'9, has a good wingspan, has drawn fouls well to date... I mean, he's got a little of the good with a little of the bad and the Kings aren't exactly the most beautiful example of balanced team offense, either, so it's not that surprising that a rook is struggling, especially with that backcourt. He won't keep finishing at the rim at 50%, and I expect the rest of his game to develop as he gets more adjusted to the NBA.

But seriously...

5 games.
Beard
Sixth Man
And1: 28

Post#134 » by Beard » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah even though he sent me a private message recently to inform me of a one day suspension which was comical (although not his fault), I'm going to have to agree with tsherkin.
menten
Sixth Man
And1: 1,013

Post#135 » by menten » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 pm

he is the next jerebko with better rebounding. no skill but good hustle guy
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#136 » by Rondo2Hondo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 am

Baiting
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#137 » by kingkirk » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 am

Honestly, this thread isn't even funny anymore, its just annoying.

Give the kid some damn time.
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#138 » by TheToothFairy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 am

Well with Ousins out tonight and coming off a 2 game suspension he should have some fire and opportunity to prove himself tonight

Return to The General Board