Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fisher

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

samueldestroyer
Banned User
And1: 12

Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fisher 

Post#241 » by samueldestroyer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:46 pm

I knew all along that Jeremy Lin was all hype.. no surprise to me that hes stinkin it up this season

:lol: at all the fanboys that got caught up in the Linsanity hype and thought the Rockets made a good signing

I knew the Rockets effed up big time by letting go two superior point guards: Dragic and Lowry. If lowry didn't like mchale they shoulda just fired mchale.

Me > Morey
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#242 » by Ming Kong! » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:51 pm

samueldestroyer wrote:I knew all along that Jeremy Lin was all hype.. no surprise to me that hes stinkin it up this season

:lol: at all the fanboys that got caught up in the Linsanity hype and thought the Rockets made a good signing

I knew the Rockets effed up big time by letting go two superior point guards: Dragic and Lowry. If lowry didn't like mchale they shoulda just fired mchale.

Me > Morey

He's coming off an injury and I believe not 100% yet. Give him some time, I think we'll begin to see some of the Lin we saw before. Lin made the Knicks win like 10 in a row without Amare and Melo, I can't believe that was just hype. I watched him play, he was damn good when he broke out.

On the bright side, his assists are up, his turnovers are way down, his steals are way up, as well as his rebounding. He's just not scoring, but then again he only takes 10 shots a game, so the difference between .343 and .445 is only one FGM.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#243 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Well . . . the dude has "some" game. Hes got "some" slashing ability and quicks. Hes got "some" shooting ability. Hes got "some" handles. But he needs to work on his game! His level of play is the same as last year. And that junk gets old quick in the NBA if you dont improve and fix parts of your game that needs fixing. Hes still runnin around, throwin the ball around and hoping somethin is gonna happen. He needs to elevate his game to the next level.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#244 » by Mamba Venom » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Dun dun dun

Jeremy Lin was Derek Fisher.

His Linsanity was Fish showing up at halftime after his daughters cancer treatments and outplaying D-Will in the play-offs.

The good news is Lin could get 5 rings w/ the right core.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
smokeylarue
Junior
And1: 234

Post#245 » by smokeylarue » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:29 pm

People need to relax. Dude got 10 assists in a "bad game." Derek Fisher would need 10 games to accumulate 10 assists.
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#246 » by Krodis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:22 am

Well, with Harden's flu, Lin got to run the team today. ... Not much/any better than he has done the rest of the year really.
thelastpope
Pro Prospect
And1: 607

Post#247 » by thelastpope » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:00 am

Kind of happy my Knicks didn't resign him now, Kid needs about a year of experience
Lin missed 4 layups and 2 more wide open shots
10 assist taking away because Rockets can't hit 15 footers and layups

Starting PF 1 rebound in 24 min
Lin 6 rebound in 24 min
Houstons frontcourt is terrible :lol:

Lin leaves the game to rest in the 1Q losing by 4
Lin comes back in the game mid2Q losing by 23
:lol: Toney Douglas is a Black HOle of Garbage
yicb
Junior
And1: 140

Post#248 » by yicb » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 am

hahaha in clutchfans we had some poster saying that lin and harden were the best backcourt in rockets history, after harden first 2 games, like giving lin credit while harden carried our team with 40 pts. then when lin started struggling a little more they said he was playing like rubio last year and will be linsanity again soon.
its so depressing seeing so many asian biased fans in clutchfans that its actually good to see people critizing lin on realgm.
god help us. lin and toney douglas, our main pgs. houston we have a problem
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#249 » by Durant Durant » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 pm

samueldestroyer wrote:I knew all along that Jeremy Lin was all hype.. no surprise to me that hes stinkin it up this season

Me > Morey

LMAO Lowry is injured AGAIN in a worse team and Dragic with his huge and bigger salary is MEH with his similarly losing team. Both are way older btw and more overpaid with similar results.

You > trolls

Edit and i have to agree Lin sucks right now but if i were GM id take him anytime than two more overpaid older guys who is all-brittle and the other a glorified backup PG. both their teams have similar fortunes and worse win wise.
No no yes yes
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#250 » by JordansBulls » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Me > Morey

Well he was playing for a contract which he got, so now it doesn't matter as much for him to be that good in the league.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#251 » by junot111 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 pm

eablinksum wrote:
junot111 wrote:
eablinksum wrote:He certainly flopped like him tonight.

When did he flop?

Exhibit A

So you were able to determine that it was a flop because of Kobe's reaction, no need to look at that actual play in question :roll:
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#252 » by Krodis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Kobe definitely fouled him on that play. Kobe just never thinks he commits a foul and thinks he gets fouled on every play.
Ginger Bean
Senior
And1: 222

Post#253 » by Ginger Bean » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

thelastpope wrote:Kind of happy my Knicks didn't resign him now, Kid needs about a year of experience
Lin missed 4 layups and 2 more wide open shots
10 assist taking away because Rockets can't hit 15 footers and layups

Starting PF 1 rebound in 24 min
Lin 6 rebound in 24 min
Houstons frontcourt is terrible :lol:

Lin leaves the game to rest in the 1Q losing by 4
Lin comes back in the game mid2Q losing by 23
:lol: Toney Douglas is a Black HOle of Garbage

Pretty much this. Painful to watch.

PG who can't shoot.
Center who can't dunk.
PF who can't rebound.
Coach who can't coach.

Hope they can turn it around a little...
thelastpope
Pro Prospect
And1: 607

Post#254 » by thelastpope » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Major Tom wrote:

Me > Morey

LMAO Lowry is injured AGAIN in a worse team and Dragic with his huge and bigger salary is MEH with his similarly losing team. Both are way older btw and more overpaid with similar results.

You > trolls

Edit and i have to agree Lin sucks right now but if i were GM id take him anytime than two more overpaid older guys who is all-brittle and the other a glorified backup PG. both their teams have similar fortunes and worse win wise.

Lowry is good and is on a crappy team
Dragic is above average and is on a crappy team
Lin is average and is on a crappy team

And the guy who came in last year over weight, started a mutiny , got his coach fired and cried on how terrible a place Portland is, and that he missed NYC.This man is on a title contender this year

Who is this man?
Raymond Felton :lol:

Sometimes the Universe is Strange :wink:
Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Post#255 » by Tim Horton » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:34 pm

thelastpope wrote:
Major Tom wrote:

Me > Morey

You > trolls

Lowry is good and is on a crappy team
Dragic is above average and is on a crappy team
Lin is average and is on a crappy team

And the guy who came in last year over weight, started a mutiny , got his coach fired and cried on how terrible a place Portland is, and that he missed NYC.This man is on a title contender this year

Who is this man?
Raymond Felton :lol:

Sometimes the Universe is Strange :wink:

Lowry is injury prone. for me now he's a 0ppg,0apg PG. Lin has similar stats with Dragic and the same record but younger and lesser salary. and Felton is NOT with a title contender this year LMAO. maybe when Lebron dumbs it out ala SpaceJam! :rofl2: they'll stick to the script any day now.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#256 » by thamadkant » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Wow look at the haters come out of the wood work.

Lin has been ok.

Considering he has been injured so he has not much chance to work on his game.
So far he has become more of a facilitator and a spot shooter for Rockets... The aggressive, intense play has regressed due to the factors stated.

Fans of Lin have always said he is a Parker-lite type. 16-17ppg 8apg 2spg type and he isn't far off... He just needs to shoot better which he can definitely improve on.
Ginger Bean
Senior
And1: 222

Post#257 » by Ginger Bean » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:22 pm

He'll probably never be a great shooter, but I believe he can be decent, but not with Sampson as coach who pulls him out when he's getting hot and then puts him back in ice cold.

I'm afraid he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, so maybe he should play with the bench more, while Harden sits. Cole and Greg are better finishers than Asik anyway.
Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Post#258 » by Tim Horton » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Ginger Bean wrote:He'll probably never be a great shooter, but I believe he can be decent, but not with Sampson as coach who pulls him out when he's getting hot and then puts him back in ice cold.

I'm afraid he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, so maybe he should play with the bench more, while Harden sits. Cole and Greg are better finishers than Asik anyway.

they're an elite PF-short of Linsanity. Asik can't catch an alley-oop. Patterson can't rebound or post up. the rest of the bigs are a jump shooting lot. Josh Smith? they can afford him without giving up much since they're way under the cap.

and oh, that assistant coach should stay as such or just leave the league. total coaching fail. if Mchale decides to take an indefinite leave or resign altogehter tehy should go fro Stan Van Gundy.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#259 » by junot111 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:54 pm

he definitely needs to work on his shot more. That'll open his game up so much more

Return to The General Board