Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fisher

Moderators: magnumt, KF10, Knickstape1214, tsherkin, Blame Rasho, ken6199, Yuri Vaultin

Krodis
Assistant Coach
And1: 315

Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fisher 

Post#181 » by Krodis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:24 am

There are several minute stretches with Lin on the court where Harden barely touches the ball and doesn't take a shot. You're just making stuff up. And also, apparently paranoid.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#182 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 am

Krodis wrote:There are several minute stretches with Lin on the court where Harden barely touches the ball and doesn't take a shot. You're just making stuff up. And also, apparently paranoid.

Huh?
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,338

Post#183 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:52 am

I think he's returned his glass slipper and back to Golden State Jeremy Lin.
Assistant GM of the Toronto Raptors ------> IBM Watson <------ Women want him, men want to be him
EArl
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 9,758

Post#184 » by EArl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 am

Fisher>Lin
in his prime. He might not have been a great player compared to lin, but those intangibles!!!
I am forever in his debt! :bowdown: :bowdown:
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
JellyRolling
And1: 3,716

Post#185 » by JellyRolling » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:06 am

Lin 11/11/6 tonight not too bad. ;)
GrandTheftRondo
Analyst
And1: 103

Post#186 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh boy.
East_Coast
Junior
And1: 8

Post#188 » by East_Coast » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:I think he's returned his glass slipper and back to Golden State Jeremy Lin.
► Old School fan of the best league in the world.
Major Tom
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#189 » by Major Tom » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 pm

East_Coast wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:I think he's returned his glass slipper and back to Golden State Jeremy Lin.

A 2ppg, 2 apg, 1 rpg player now in Houston? The stupidity is astounding in this board.
East_Coast
Junior

Post#190 » by East_Coast » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Major Tom wrote:
East_Coast wrote:

A 2ppg, 2 apg, 1 rpg player now in Houston? The stupidity is astounding in this board.

Look in the mirror to get some resolution on the stupidity issue.

Obviously, when a player's minutes go from 10 minutes to 35, there will be more production. However, the shooting % tells the story -- .389 GSW, .353 HOU.

So, actually it pretty much is the same.
Major Tom
Analyst

Post#191 » by Major Tom » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm

East_Coast wrote:
Major Tom wrote:
East_Coast wrote:think he's returned his glass slipper and back to Golden State Jeremy Lin.

Obviously, when a player's minutes go from 10 minutes to 35, there will be more production. However, the shooting % tells the story -- .389 GSW, .353 HOU.

For starters was he a spot up shooter in the Mecca? No right? If you WATCHED his games he's being used as such. He's struggling right now but TOP 5 among PGs in almost evry other department. Look it up so you dont look like a box score Hubie Brown.
East_Coast
Junior

Post#192 » by East_Coast » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Major Tom wrote:He's struggling right now but TOP 5 among PGs in almost evry other department. .

Not really. He isn't in the top 5 in minutes played, points, 3pt %, FT %, or assists per game among point guards.

He is in steals and blocks, and his turnovers are down so I guess it isn't a total loss.

Still not worth $8 million a year.
Major Tom
Analyst

Post#193 » by Major Tom » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 pm

East_Coast wrote:
Major Tom wrote:He's struggling right now but TOP 5 among PGs in almost evry other department. .

Not really. He isn't in the top 5 in minutes played, points, 3pt %, FT %, or assists per game among point guards.

He is in steals and blocks, and his turnovers are down so I guess it isn't a total loss.

Still not worth $8 million a year.

He ' isnt top 5 in minutes played' is the key son. His usage rate is among the lowest. How do you expect Linsanity type numbers if youre just another player?
DRK
RealGM
And1: 1,938

Post#194 » by DRK » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Major Tom wrote:
East_Coast wrote:
Major Tom wrote:

For starters was he a spot up shooter in the Mecca? No right? If you WATCHED his games he's being used as such. He's struggling right now but TOP 5 among PGs in almost evry other department. Look it up so you dont look like a box score Hubie Brown.

Top five in passing, defence, ball handling, Basketball IQ... etc.

You must be high.
letsgosuns wrote:Powerhouse game tonight from [Brandon] Knight. Forget the 4-17 shooting. Anytime he can play and finish the game with only 2 turnovers is a major victory.
Major Tom
Analyst

Post#195 » by Major Tom » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm

DRK wrote:
You must be high.

AMONG PGs. Cant u read??
East_Coast
Junior

Post#196 » by East_Coast » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Major Tom wrote:He ' isnt top 5 in minutes played' is the key son. His usage rate is among the lowest. How do you expect Linsanity type numbers if youre just another player?

Oh, I get it now. If Lin were only used more, his shooting % would jump up to maybe.... 38%?
Major Tom
Analyst

Post#197 » by Major Tom » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 pm

East_Coast wrote:
Major Tom wrote:He ' isnt top 5 in minutes played' is the key son. His usage rate is among the lowest. How do you expect Linsanity type numbers if youre just another player?

Oh, I get it now. If Lin were only used more, his shooting % would jump up to maybe.... 38%?

Maybe. You tell me. You have a knack at making 'educated' guesses with box scores anyways.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore

Post#198 » by sirdeadcat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:39 pm

East_Coast wrote:

I wonder what Rondo or earlier career Kidd's shooting % would look like if they are asked to exclusively spot up for 3s.
East_Coast
Junior

Post#199 » by East_Coast » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm

sirdeadcat wrote:
East_Coast wrote:

I wonder what Rondo or earlier career Kidd's shooting % would look like if they are asked to exclusively spot up for 3s.

It would really make you look smarter if you didn't mention Lin in a direct comparison with either Rondo or Kidd.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore

Post#200 » by sirdeadcat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm

East_Coast wrote:It would really make you look smarter if you didn't mention Lin in a direct comparison with either Rondo or Kidd.

Do you know what direct comparison means?

Return to The General Board