yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fisher

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin, Flash3

Post#196 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 am by East_Coast

Major Tom wrote:He ' isnt top 5 in minutes played' is the key son. His usage rate is among the lowest. How do you expect Linsanity type numbers if youre just another player?

Oh, I get it now. If Lin were only used more, his shooting % would jump up to maybe.... 38%?
► Old School fan of the best league in the world.
East_Coast
Junior
And1: 8

Post#197 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 am by Major Tom

East_Coast wrote:
Major Tom wrote:He ' isnt top 5 in minutes played' is the key son. His usage rate is among the lowest. How do you expect Linsanity type numbers if youre just another player?

Oh, I get it now. If Lin were only used more, his shooting % would jump up to maybe.... 38%?

Maybe. You tell me. You have a knack at making 'educated' guesses with box scores anyways.
Major Tom
Analyst
And1: 123

Post#198 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am by sirdeadcat

East_Coast wrote:

I wonder what Rondo or earlier career Kidd's shooting % would look like if they are asked to exclusively spot up for 3s.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#199 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:48 am by East_Coast

sirdeadcat wrote:
East_Coast wrote:

I wonder what Rondo or earlier career Kidd's shooting % would look like if they are asked to exclusively spot up for 3s.

It would really make you look smarter if you didn't mention Lin in a direct comparison with either Rondo or Kidd.
► Old School fan of the best league in the world.
East_Coast
Junior
And1: 8

Post#200 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 am by sirdeadcat

East_Coast wrote:It would really make you look smarter if you didn't mention Lin in a direct comparison with either Rondo or Kidd.

Do you know what direct comparison means?
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#201 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm by DRK

Major Tom wrote:
DRK wrote:
You must be high.

AMONG PGs. Cant u read??

I can read perfectly well thank you very much.

I still think your opinion is ridiculous though.

Please present some evidence to support your theory that Jeremy LIn is "Top 5 Amoung Pg's in other things."
DragonBlade

Suns | Liverpool
DRK

General Manager
And1: 1,171

Post#202 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:27 pm by Major Tom

DRK wrote:
Major Tom wrote:
DRK wrote:
You must be high.

AMONG PGs. Cant u read??

I can read perfectly well thank you very much.

I still think your opinion is ridiculous though.

Please present some evidence to support your theory that Jeremy LIn is "Top 5 Amoung Pg's in other things."

Do it yourself! Casuals smh

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics
Major Tom
Analyst

Post#203 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 pm by DRK

Stas =/= skill level.

That may be hard for you to believe.

Stats tell you how many a ssists a person gets, but is no means an accurate measure of how skilled their passing is.

By way of stats, Serge Ibaka is the best post defender in the league. But actually, what it doesnt show is that Ibaka is a average post defender, and just a great weak-side shot blocker.

And where are the stats that show you how good a playe is at ball handling?

This aint a video game where they have grades like A, or A- for each player's skill level.
DragonBlade

Suns | Liverpool
DRK

General Manager

Post#204 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 pm by Major Tom

DRK wrote:Stas =/= skill level.

That may be hard for you to believe.

Stats tell you how many a ssists a person gets, but is no means an accurate measure of how skilled theit passing is.

SBy way of stats, Serge Ibaka is the best post defender in the league. But actually, what it doesnt show is that Ibaka is a average post defender, and just a great weak-side shot blocker.

And where are the stats that show you how good a playe is at ball handling?

This aint a video game where they have grades like A, or A- for each player's skill level.

Lol. Changing your tone eh. Figure it out yourself. Im done with u hater
Major Tom
Analyst

Post#205 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm by DRK

By "figure it out yourself" you mean you have "no evidence to prove your ridiculous statement."

I thought so.
DragonBlade

Suns | Liverpool
DRK

General Manager

Post#206 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 pm by Krodis

Lin can't score.
Krodis
Assistant Coach
And1: 79

Post#207 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 pm by frothbrain

I have no dog in this race, but I would take Dragic over Lin without hesitation.
Lin is lacking in the fundamentals that Dragic acquired as Nash's understudy.
frothbrain
Rookie
And1: 136

Post#208 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 pm by LakerFanMan

Deja Vu....

It's amazing how people jump all over Lin on either side of the fence. The guy shows a lot of promise, give him time to improve his game.
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#209 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 pm by NiqtheAntiq

Lin will stick in the league, similar to Antonio Daniels and Jon Barry type players who gm's realized weren't star players but could be a productive spark plug who gives u 25 mpg with energy and scoring off the bench.

My honest opinion is he will do better next season with the Rockets once they full gel. My guess is the Rockets need a pure PG starting with Harden like a Norris Cole or Roddy Bedboius type contract on the cheap and have Lin playing the backup 1 and 2 spots as sixth man still getting quality minutes. That would be his best role. Lin is honestly a 6-7 mill production combo guard getting a star level pg contract which was silly to begin with.

Also Ty Lawson is playing pretty bad this season but no one seems to talk about him. He has more talent and time with his team than Lin does.
NiqtheAntiq
Junior
And1: 104

Post#210 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 am by CU_NY09

NiqtheAntiq wrote:My honest opinion is he will do better next season with the Rockets once they full gel. My guess is the Rockets need a pure PG starting with Harden like a Norris Cole type contract on the cheap and have Lin playing the backup 1 and 2 spots as sixth man still getting quality minutes. That would be his best role. Lin is honestly a 6-7 mill level production combo guard getting a star level player contract which was silly to begin with.

Also Ty Lawson is playing pretty bad this season but no one seems to talk about him........

Willful ignorance. You should look things up before you state them as fact. He's making an average, starting PG salary (3/25). These are the 2011-12 stats for PG's who will make around the $8M range this year.

Player: Points / Assists / Rebounds / Steals / 3PT%
Mike Conley: 12.7 / 6.5 / 2.5 / 2.2 / .377
George Hill: 9.6 / 2.9 / 3.0 / 0.8 / .367
Devin Harris: 11.3 / 5.0 / 1.8 / 1.0 / .362
Jameer Nelson: 11.9 / 5.7 / 3.2 / 0.7 / .377
Goran Dragic: 11.7 / 5.3 / 2.5 / 1.3 / .337
Mo Williams: 13.2 / 3.1 / 1.9 / 1 / .389

He is not getting a star level player contract. Where the h.ell do people get their information?! I do agree that Ty Lawson is having a rough start to the year.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 24

Post#211 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 am by NiqtheAntiq

biglove44 wrote:
NiqtheAntiq wrote:My honest opinion is he will do better next season with the Rockets once they full gel. My guess is the Rockets need a pure PG starting with Harden like a Norris Cole type contract on the cheap and have Lin playing the backup 1 and 2 spots as sixth man still getting quality minutes. That would be his best role. Lin is honestly a 6-7 mill level production combo guard getting a star level player contract which was silly to begin with.

Also Ty Lawson is playing pretty bad this season but no one seems to talk about him........

Willful ignorance. You should look things up before you state them as fact. He's making an average, starting PG salary (3/25). These are the 2011-12 stats for PG's who will make around the $8M range this year.

Player: Points / Assists / Rebounds / Steals / 3PT%
Mike Conley: 12.7 / 6.5 / 2.5 / 2.2 / .377
George Hill: 9.6 / 2.9 / 3.0 / 0.8 / .367
Devin Harris: 11.3 / 5.0 / 1.8 / 1.0 / .362
Jameer Nelson: 11.9 / 5.7 / 3.2 / 0.7 / .377
Goran Dragic: 11.7 / 5.3 / 2.5 / 1.3 / .337
Mo Williams: 13.2 / 3.1 / 1.9 / 1 / .389

He is not getting a star level player contract. Where the h.ell do people get their information?! I do agree that Ty Lawson is having a rough start to the year.

You forgot Ray Felton, who is actually better overall than Lin :)

also Lin's contract was backloaded. 12 mill in his final season is all-star level money...

To answer

Mike Conley is properly paid and produces night in and out for years.

Geroge Hill contract is more than fine considering Augustin will be their starting PG by next season.

Mo Williams is really an overpaid combo guard from his days playing well in Lebron(sound familiar?) He plays because Utah has no real PG....

Jameer Nelson took the Magic to the Finals so he deserved his contract, had injuries.

Devin Harris is sitting on a contract based on his pre injury stats of 23 a game. He would actually be a good starting PG on that Houston team. He gets no minutes in Atlanta because of Teague who is legit.

Goran Dragic will come off the bench once Marshall develops and is himself barely starting caliber.
NiqtheAntiq
Junior
And1: 104

Post#212 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 am by kblo247

Fisher could get you a big stop and hit big shots, so nope
kblo247
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#213 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 am by EArl

He certainly flopped like him tonight.
Slava wrote:Soft

Wavy Q wrote:Doormatt-esque
EArl

RealGM
And1: 6,784

Post#214 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 am by diablerouge

this is what doesn't make sense from the rockets perspective: it's not that lin is a terrible player, it's just that both dragic and lowry are better than lin.
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 127

Post#215 Re: Jeremy Lin has been turned into Derek Fis
Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am by Archerbro

diablerouge wrote:this is what doesn't make sense from the rockets perspective: it's not that lin is a terrible player, it's just that both dragic and lowry are better than lin.

agreed, but Lowry wanted out I believe.
Archerbro
Assistant Coach
And1: 337

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board