yardbarker

The Grizzlies have the best record in the NBA...

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, tsherkin, magnumt, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI

Post#1 The Grizzlies have the best record in the NBA
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 am by 21 20 9

It is early in the season, but the Grizzlies have the best record in the NBA 8 games in. They have had impressive double-digit wins against the Heat, Thunder, and Knicks in the past 3 games...7game winning streak too. Only two real challenges in the next 6 games for them as well...What overall seed could they end up with in the West?
21 20 9
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#2 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:04 am by ReturnofMVP3

Simply they are legit!
ReturnofMVP3

Lead Assistant
And1: 1,506

Post#3 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:05 am by Bertrob

Anywhere from 1-4 imo
Their offense is finally clicking and their defense is as good as ever. once Arthur comes back they are deep too. They'll rack up the RS wins this year, I say around 56
Bertrob

RealGM
And1: 587

Post#4 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:06 am by Basileus777

What do you know, apparently having size in your front court is still a viable way to build a team.
Basileus777

Lead Assistant
And1: 77

Post#5 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 am by Left Side Drive

Legit
Just give the ball to Lowry and not DeRozan in the clutch Casey FFS

Left Side Drive

Assistant Coach
And1: 864

Post#6 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 am by TheGoodDoctor

Loving it :)

They've been my 2nd favorite to my hometown Raps for awhile...I wish I could abandon ship on my Raps cuz Memphis is a team I just like with no bias but I won't fairweather my home team. Anyways I hope they can keep this up.
#MLSEHIRETZ ------ #WE.THE.NORTH.
TheGoodDoctor

Lead Assistant
And1: 2,923

Post#7 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 am by teamgrizz

I know its early but, I thought the Grizzlies were doomed for a 6-8th seed this season? :lol:
teamgrizz
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#8 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 am by 21 20 9

teamgrizz wrote:I know its early but, I thought the Grizzlies were doomed for a 6-8th seed this season? :lol:

:lol:

I saw them as a 4 seed at best this year, tbh.
21 20 9
Freshman

Post#9 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:11 am by Dr Aki

wait a month, theyll come back to the field

this team isnt too different to the team that lost to the clippers last year
Dr Aki

RealGM
And1: 653

Post#10 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:14 am by commadoor 64

8 games in folks.

(Still though, best record sounds nice :D)
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 25

Post#11 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 am by TheToothFairy

They look good
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 292

Post#12 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 am by commadoor 64

Aki wrote:wait a month, theyll come back to the field

Yes it is.

We've added Zbo, and a very decent bench.
commadoor 64
Starter

Post#13 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 am by Chri2Kng

Their only loss came at the hand of the Clippers just like so many other teams. I still say the Clippers are the best team in the NBA. Clippers would easily beat Knicks.

However the Clippers coach suck but the Clippers is the deepest team in the league. Their bench outplay miami starter.

Having Odom, Hollin, Crawford, Bledsoe, Grant Hill, Matt Barnes at bench is clearly unreal.
Chri2Kng
Junior

Post#14 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 am by smha201

Chri2Kng wrote:Their only loss came at the hand of the Clippers just like so many other teams. I still say the Clippers are the best team in the NBA. Clippers would easily beat Knicks.

However the Clippers coach suck but the Clippers is the deepest team in the league. Their bench outplay miami starter.

Having Odom, Hollin, Crawford, Bledsoe, Grant Hill, Matt Barnes at bench is clearly unreal.

Don't agree at all but the fact that you mentioned the Knicks specifically proves you think they are legitimate and thereby worth noting. Cool.
BAT - Cleveland Cavaliers:
H.C.: T. Thibodeau
PG: Russell Westbrook / JJ Barea / Nolan Smith
SG: Danny Green / Gerald Henderson
SF: Shawn Marion / Marcus Morris / Sasha Pavlovic
PF: Zach Randolph / Brandan Wright / Tobias Harris
C: Channing Frye / Ekpe Udoh
smha201
Senior
And1: 5

Post#15 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:22 am by slick_watts

The Grizzlies are good but they are riding some unsustainable shooting percentages from their bench. I expect Pondexter and Bayless to crash down to Earth hard on their 3pt percentages. Neither of them have proven to be close to elite from long range. Ellington might be okay, but not 45% okay. Going into tonight's game, those three have combined for 48.6% 3pt on 9.1 attempts a game. If that continues, Memphis will be close to unbeatable. But it probably won't continue.

Rudy Gay's pushing 30% USG on sub-50% TS which is great for other teams. They kill you on the offensive boards and on turnovers which is nothing new. But I think their bench regresses a little and they will look much more beatable when it does.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#16 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:23 am by TwentyOne920

They could make the Finals if they overcome the fact that the officiating will likely go against them.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#17 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:23 am by jefe

Aki wrote:wait a month, theyll come back to the field

Healthy Zbo disagrees
jefe
Head Coach
And1: 45

Post#18 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 am by nuposse04

I think they're the best team in NBA right now and would handle any team in a 7 game series relatively easily (5-6 games) outside of the clippers...I still like them against the clippers this year simply because Griffin hasn't really shown me anything. That and I don't trust Jamal when it really counts, and odom is still fat and I have no gauge as to how good Chauncy and Hill will play after their injuries. Their biggest issue (the grizzlies) is their complacency. They seem to let things slip more than they should. I want to see what they look like when they're attacking for a full 48 minutes (that's probably the coaches fault). Their best basketball is yet to be played IMO, that and rudy gay isn't sabotaging the chemistry which must be a welcome surprise to Memphis nation.
nuposse04
Head Coach
And1: 730

Post#19 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:27 am by commadoor 64

Chri2Kng wrote:Their only loss came at the hand of the Clippers just like so many other teams. I still say the Clippers are the best team in the NBA. Clippers would easily beat Knicks.

Yep, that's true.

I'm thinking that was a fluke though.

3mins left and it was a 1 possession game and we couldn't make a basket that game to save our lives.
Zbo was really bad and our bench was nervous and we didn't have our complete bench.

The Grizz have raised their game since then.
commadoor 64
Starter

Post#20 Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 am by MSGLegendNY

Did the Grizz beat the Heat, Knicks and Clips while home? If so, I'd like to see them play a contender on the road. However from what I've seen so far, they look great.
MSGLegendNY
Starter
And1: 30

Next

Return to The General Board