The Grizzlies have the best record in the NBA...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

kamelion4291
Banned User
And1: 58

Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the NBA... 

Post#61 » by kamelion4291 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm

They're a very good team but haven't they played those teams all at home? You're going to have to prove you can win the same type of games on the road first before proclaiming that they could be a 1 seed.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#62 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:32 pm

slick_watts wrote:The Grizzlies are good but they are riding some unsustainable shooting percentages from their bench. I expect Pondexter and Bayless to crash down to Earth hard on their 3pt percentages. Neither of them have proven to be close to elite from long range. Ellington might be okay, but not 45% okay. Going into tonight's game, those three have combined for 48.6% 3pt on 9.1 attempts a game. If that continues, Memphis will be close to unbeatable. But it probably won't continue.

Rudy Gay's pushing 30% USG on sub-50% TS which is great for other teams. They kill you on the offensive boards and on turnovers which is nothing new. But I think their bench regresses a little and they will look much more beatable when it does.

Grizz picked up wins against teams they can outmatch. Knicks and Heat both went small ball. Therefore bigs Z and Marc were doubled. Therefore Griz shooters were WIDE open.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#63 » by commadoor 64 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm

kamelion4291 wrote:They're a very good team but haven't they played those teams all at home? You're going to have to prove you can win the same type of games on the road first before proclaiming that they could be a 1 seed.

Last three games...

Home against the Heat 104-86
Away against the Thunder 107-97
Home against the Knicks 105-96

All this week.
R-S-M
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#64 » by R-S-M » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Gosal is the real deal. I dont know if there is a young Posting big man that can pass so well. With him holding down the post on defense as well, Zbo gets all the rebounds. This guy just opens up lanes for so many guys, and makes the game easier for the guards. So underrated.

He
"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise." "I'm chasing perfection. "
-Kobe Bryant
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#65 » by sisibilio » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 pm

R-S-M wrote:Gosal is the real deal. I dont know if there is a young Posting big man that can pass so well. With him holding down the post on defense as well, Zbo gets all the rebounds. This guy just opens up lanes for so many guys, and makes the game easier for the guards. So underrated.

Monroe maybe, but that's it.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
dcdoorknob
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#66 » by dcdoorknob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:02 pm

kamelion4291 wrote:They're a very good team but haven't they played those teams all at home? You're going to have to prove you can win the same type of games on the road first before proclaiming that they could be a 1 seed.

They are 3-1 on the road, including the win over the Thunder in OKC, and a blowout over the 5-2 Bucks in Milwaukee.
kamelion4291
Banned User

Post#67 » by kamelion4291 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:04 pm

commadoor 64 wrote:

Last three games...

Home against the Heat 104-86
Away against the Thunder 107-97
Home against the Knicks 105-96

All this week.

Ok, I thought the Thunder game was at home too. That's a pretty good win.
Heat fan06
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#68 » by Heat fan06 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:07 pm

and their only loss was to a very good Clippers team on the road. No harm in that.
Credit to MK
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#69 » by BaunceyChillups » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I don't get why people say Memphis has no superstars

When I think of a no superstar team, I think of Denver. Z-Bo and Gasol are All-NBA level, healthy Z-Bo is the 2nd best power forward in the league after healthy Dirk.
erekose200
Senior
And1: 126

Post#70 » by erekose200 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Good to see the likes of the Clippers, Knicks and Grizzlies doing well rather then the usual suspects.
Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Post#71 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:46 pm

They are simply a joy to watch!!! They play the game the right way, especially defensively!!! I wish the Heat competed like that on every possesion defensively. Grit N Grind baby... I love it!!!
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#72 » by diablerouge » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Basileus777 wrote:What do you know, apparently having size in your front court is still a viable way to build a team.

size that can score is always going to be valuable in the league but there's so few of those type of bigs. what teams are moving away from is playing size that can't do anything offensively. if miami, boston, portland (teams that start PFs at the 5) would have had marc gasol, he would be the starting 5. but they won't start collins, anthony or leonard just to have a true 5 out there.
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#73 » by diablerouge » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:11 pm

BaunceyChillups wrote:I don't get why people say Memphis has no superstars

When I think of a no superstar team, I think of Denver. Z-Bo and Gasol are All-NBA level, healthy Z-Bo is the 2nd best power forward in the league after healthy Dirk.

this. and z-bo is their superstar (not gasol or gay) he just doesn't have any marketing deals. we've seen z-bo take the team on his back and have the offense ran through him every time down the floor in the last quarter of playoffs games. that's a superstar.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,244

Post#74 » by sfernald » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Good to see the Grizz getting the attention they deserve. Please keep playing well. I don't want to see my clippers #1 in the power rankings next week. It's just bad luck.
kamelion4291
Banned User

Post#75 » by kamelion4291 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 pm

diablerouge wrote:
BaunceyChillups wrote:I don't get why people say Memphis has no superstars

this. and z-bo is their superstar (not gasol or gay) he just doesn't have any marketing deals. we've seen z-bo take the team on his back and have the offense ran through him every time down the floor in the last quarter of playoffs games. that's a superstar.

It's a very good player, not a superstar. Superstars transcend the sport. It's more of a media term.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,076

Post#76 » by tsherkin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:15 pm

No superstars on the Grizz, but some really good players who fit and play well together. Pound the boards, abuse their size... Smart ball without spamming any single option too much.

I don't think they're a title threat barring injury, but they are a really good team and a treat to watch. Great inside-out play... I'd call them a dark horse. Hot start early is nice, but this is a marathon, not a race; we'll see what's shaking at the break. They are a good team and they are a threat to make the Finals... And despite my hesitancy to proclaim them contenders, given some luck and the right matchups...
xStanton27
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#77 » by xStanton27 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Potential is the WCF
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#78 » by BaunceyChillups » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Why is Z-Bo not a superstar? He's a better player than either Westbrook or Melo.
Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#79 » by Brovva Blaqq » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I am surprised that nobody saw that coming...

Now that they got rid of Mayo, it was pretty clear to me that the Grizz would make huge strides towards being a contender.
thecircle
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#80 » by thecircle » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey i created a similar thread like this and mobs locked it....

Anyways go GRIZZ i love their style (teamwork+speed).

Return to The General Board