Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, Doctor MJ, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin

NJ_YANKEE_45
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,835
And1: 107
Joined: Feb 12, 2011
       

Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#1 » by NJ_YANKEE_45 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Right now I say Zach but I wouldn't doubt Marc or Gay making it either if they're still a top 4 team by February
Image

Sky_Knicks wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:Bargnani is strokin it!!! I'm going nuts in here! Prove them haters wrong, kid

:o
User avatar
smith2373
General Manager
Posts: 9,155
And1: 482
Joined: Mar 01, 2011
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#2 » by smith2373 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Marc & Z-Bo definitely.

I could see Gay making it as an injury replacement.
ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Kobe System
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,312
And1: 122
Joined: Mar 31, 2010
 

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#3 » by Kobe System » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Z-Bo should be a lock.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 33
Joined: Oct 12, 2011

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#4 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm

If they have a top 3 record, then all 3 could...

but i think Z-Bo lock

Gasol : 75% Gay 50%
User avatar
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,995
And1: 417
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: RealGM
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#5 » by Young_Star11 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Gasol was there last year and should be there again.

Z-Bo would be in over Love and Dirk from last year (neither have played at all this season).

Not sure about Gay as he is least likely.
Krodis
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,884
And1: 87
Joined: Nov 28, 2009

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#6 » by Krodis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Gasol and Randolph
MavsManiac4Life
Analyst
Posts: 3,265
And1: 936
Joined: Jun 23, 2012
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#7 » by MavsManiac4Life » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Z-Bo
Nowitnessing a legend
DarkXaero
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,288
And1: 643
Joined: Mar 24, 2011
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#8 » by DarkXaero » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 am

If they're the #1 in the West? I could see all 3 (Rudy, Z Bo, Marc) making it. Definitely Marc and Z Bo if they retain a great record like they have now.
User avatar
StatLine
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,981
And1: 822
Joined: Jun 30, 2011
 

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#9 » by StatLine » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 am

If they remain the top seed in the west, all 3 should make it
User avatar
ieatchildrenraw
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 11
Joined: Jul 11, 2012
Location: Minnesota

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#10 » by ieatchildrenraw » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 am

Can't see both Z-Bo and Marc Gasol being locks with the amount of quality PFs in the west (Love, Griffin, Aldridge).

6-7 front court spots in the West. Love, Griffin, Durant, and Howard definitely lock up spots, then it'd probably be Gasol as backup C, then it would be Z-Bo or Aldridge and Gay or Batum/Iggy/Kirilenko or somebody for the final spot. Grizzlies will probably get 1-2 all-stars, but all three seems very unlikely
Image
User avatar
Sik Infant
RealGM
Posts: 12,550
And1: 1,455
Joined: Apr 23, 2009
 

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#11 » by Sik Infant » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:31 am

Krodis wrote:Gasol and Randolph


This.
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season


Image
User avatar
NY2TheBay
Veteran
Posts: 2,807
And1: 144
Joined: Sep 27, 2010
Location: On point like Steve Nash.
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#12 » by NY2TheBay » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:35 am

Krodis wrote:Gasol and Randolph
When the grass is cut the snakes will show.
lakerhater
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,785
And1: 226
Joined: Jul 03, 2002
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#13 » by lakerhater » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 am

If I were a Grizzlies fan I'd hope as few players as possible make the all-star game. A deserving player that doesn't make the all-star team can use the snubbing as motivation for the rest of season. The all-star game is overrated. Making all-NBA 1st/2nd/3rd team is more important.
Part-time Lover
Senior
Posts: 749
And1: 57
Joined: Jan 13, 2012

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#14 » by Part-time Lover » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:05 am

lakerhater wrote:If I were a Grizzlies fan I'd hope as few players as possible make the all-star game. A deserving player that doesn't make the all-star team can use the snubbing as motivation for the rest of season. The all-star game is overrated. Making all-NBA 1st/2nd/3rd team is more important.


That didn't stop Marc Gasol from performing well in the playoffs tho

I'd bet on Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol to make the ASG. I'll be voting for them too.
User avatar
PRESTIGE
Veteran
Posts: 2,633
And1: 516
Joined: Jan 17, 2011
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
 

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#15 » by PRESTIGE » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:26 am

If they are still #1 I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 guys make it.
Fischella
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,807
And1: 566
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
         

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#16 » by Fischella » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 am

Right now Zbo and Gay.
deliriousmouse
Rookie
Posts: 1,000
And1: 167
Joined: Dec 17, 2011

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#17 » by deliriousmouse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 am

ieatchildrenraw wrote:Can't see both Z-Bo and Marc Gasol being locks with the amount of quality PFs in the west (Love, Griffin, Aldridge).

6-7 front court spots in the West. Love, Griffin, Durant, and Howard definitely lock up spots, then it'd probably be Gasol as backup C, then it would be Z-Bo or Aldridge and Gay or Batum/Iggy/Kirilenko or somebody for the final spot. Grizzlies will probably get 1-2 all-stars, but all three seems very unlikely

I would take Marc/Randolph over Kirilenko/Iggy at this point of the season, however im slightly confused what will happen with them taking out the C, whic is a big reason why Gasol got in last year
User avatar
SunsReadyToRoll
RealGM
Posts: 10,794
And1: 1,577
Joined: May 13, 2011
Contact:
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#18 » by SunsReadyToRoll » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:50 am

Don't forget Bayless.
Image
User avatar
smith2373
General Manager
Posts: 9,155
And1: 482
Joined: Mar 01, 2011
   

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#19 » by smith2373 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:15 pm

deliriousmouse wrote:
ieatchildrenraw wrote:Can't see both Z-Bo and Marc Gasol being locks with the amount of quality PFs in the west (Love, Griffin, Aldridge).

6-7 front court spots in the West. Love, Griffin, Durant, and Howard definitely lock up spots, then it'd probably be Gasol as backup C, then it would be Z-Bo or Aldridge and Gay or Batum/Iggy/Kirilenko or somebody for the final spot. Grizzlies will probably get 1-2 all-stars, but all three seems very unlikely

I would take Marc/Randolph over Kirilenko/Iggy at this point of the season, however im slightly confused what will happen with them taking out the C, whic is a big reason why Gasol got in last year


Them changing the ballot to frontcourt has nothing to do with reserves, it only pertains to voting for starters.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't have to have a player of each position as a reserve.

This was the Western team last year:
CP3/Westbrook/Parker/Nash
Kobe
Durant
Griffin/Love/Dirk/LMA
Bynum/Marc

So it's pretty possible for the Western team to look like this, this year:
CP3/Westbrook/Parker
Kobe/Harden
Durant
Griffin/Love/LMA/Z-Bo
Dwight/Marc
ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
mid-post
Analyst
Posts: 3,597
And1: 64
Joined: May 06, 2010
Location: rock-afire explosion

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#20 » by mid-post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Gasol's stats don't look as nice as Zach's, but honestly he's having as good a season (if not better) than ZBo. He's a major facilitator on offense. His passing ability and decision making right now is just absurd too, 4.6 APG 5.9 A/TO ratio.

Return to The General Board