Bynum reinjures knees by bowling

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Re: Bynum reinjures knees by bowling 

Post#31 » by The MVPlaya » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am

How is he an idiot because he was bowling? Ya'll are just feeding off Bynum's reputation. By the responses in this thread you'd think this dude pulled a Monta Ellis or something. I don't see what's wrong with him bowling. As far as we know he hasn't hurt himself bowling before so....
thewhat
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#32 » by thewhat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 am

#yolo
I heard mofos saying they made Kobe/ Made Kobe say, "Ok so, make another Kobe"
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#33 » by asudevil » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 am

clockwork247 wrote:
CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:How Bynum manages to injure him self BOWLING is beyond me. Sixers better trade him ASAP. Don't want to be left with his future insanely bad contract.

dude is like 7 ft +, bending down that low to bowl isn't exactly good on his knee, that thing is like doing lunges, except at a much faster pace (aka not someone who weights 250+, 7ft+, and has knee issue should be doing)...

I ain't no sport doctor but I can tell that crap is bad for your knee if you're his size.

exactly.....with him being 7ft+ he has to dip down much further than a normal person. the stress it puts on the knees has to be huge. we are talking about a 7ft+ guy who weighs 300+ pounds. and the process of bowling alternates the distribution of ALL you weight back and forth with your knees bent.

he either:
a.) went against the advice of his doctors....i mean there is NOTHING in his contract that prohibited bowling
b.) hid the activity from his doctors, so they had no idea the added stress he was putting on his knees.

either way he is a massive idiot.
asudevil
Analyst

Post#34 » by asudevil » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 am

The MVPlaya wrote:How is he an idiot because he was bowling? Ya'll are just feeding off Bynum's reputation. By the responses in this thread you'd think this dude pulled a Monta Ellis or something. I don't see what's wrong with him bowling. As far as we know he hasn't hurt himself bowling before so....

yes he IS an idiot.

if i'm a pitcher and injure my shoulder it doesnt mean its ok to go rock climbing during my rehab.....its freaking common sense.

If Yao breaks his foot and takes tap dancing during his rehab, then he would be an idiot. If Amare decided to play hopscotch while rehabbing his micro fracture, he'd be an idiot.

If you arent medically cleared to play basketball and you go bowling "because you havent hurt yourself bowling before", then you are an idiot. ANY activity that COULD cause further damage to an injury should be avoided, especially when that injury is a.) not healed and b.) chronic.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Post#35 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 am

Yeah, bowling isn't really a high impact game. 90 year old women can still go bowling.

I have to give him a bit of a pass on this one.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#36 » by 83SixersRocked » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 am

It's bowling. Walking with and then rolling a ball. Injury expectations are about nil. Some of you act like he hit the slopes with a ski and a pogo stick.
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 404

Post#37 » by CKRT » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:40 am

The Big Lebowski photoshop potential is endless here.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Post#38 » by The MVPlaya » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 am

asudevil wrote:
The MVPlaya wrote:How is he an idiot because he was bowling? Ya'll are just feeding off Bynum's reputation. By the responses in this thread you'd think this dude pulled a Monta Ellis or something. I don't see what's wrong with him bowling. As far as we know he hasn't hurt himself bowling before so....

yes he IS an idiot.

if i'm a pitcher and injure my shoulder it doesnt mean its ok to go rock climbing during my rehab.....its freaking common sense.

If Yao breaks his foot and takes tap dancing during his rehab, then he would be an idiot. If Amare decided to play hopscotch while rehabbing his micro fracture, he'd be an idiot.

If you arent medically cleared to play basketball and you go bowling "because you havent hurt yourself bowling before", then you are an idiot. ANY activity that COULD cause further damage to an injury should be avoided, especially when that injury is a.) not healed and b.) chronic.

Your examples are way too extreme. Just bad analogies all around. Nothing like Bynum's situation. Bynum has been through plenty of rehabs before and I bet he still bowled. He was playing golf during one of his rehabs with the Lakers. Sometimes things happen. Ya'll are just grasping for straws, acting like he's out there just being a reckless idiot.
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#39 » by diablerouge » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 am

asudevil wrote:

yes he IS an idiot.

It would be like a picher playing darts during his rehab, not rock climbing.
twinthunder3
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#40 » by twinthunder3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 am

WII bowling? He should have stuck to using the 76ers on 2k13.
Dragic13
Pro Prospect
And1: 77

Post#41 » by Dragic13 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:09 am

diablerouge wrote:
asudevil wrote:

yes he IS an idiot.

It would be like a picher playing darts during his rehab, not rock climbing.

If you use your shoulder playing darts you are doing it wrong.
asudevil
Analyst

Post#42 » by asudevil » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:17 am

83SixersRocked wrote:It's bowling. Walking with and then rolling a ball. Injury expectations are about nil. Some of you act like he hit the slopes with a ski and a pogo stick.

Proper bowling form puts stress on the knees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5lMzjiJxBY fast forward to 1:05. yes...joking

i'm not going to continue arguing this, but i will say that when using form typical of a professional bowler (as i assume Bynum has because he is an avid bowler) there is stress put on the knees. a 300 pounder sliding across a slick floor with his knees bent with all his weight on one leg cant be healthy....and yes...i do have experience....both first hand and family who are professionals bowlers. but if you want to provide a defense for bynum then i'm all ears.

and saying that he went golfing during his rehab with the lakers is NOT a defense....because look at where his knees are now.

i'm not saying that Bynum is wreckless...but careless. he's had a well documented history of bad knees. and his activities outside of basketball may very well have contributed to his injuries being chronic.

and in all seriousness:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/s ... 250815.stm
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/117 ... wling.html

and google is your friend folks...there is PLENTY of information regarding knee injuries from bowling, and the stress that bowling puts on your knees......imagine that stress on already injured knees.
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#43 » by frothbrain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 am

damn first webber, then brand, now bynum.

sixers cant catch a break.
702Celtics
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#44 » by 702Celtics » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Yeah, bowling isn't really a high impact game. 90 year old women can still go bowling.

I've bowled in a league before, and I used to take ibuprofen before league started so that my knee wouldn't hurt. Granted that Bynum will never become a pro bowler, he should have taken it easy on his knee.
GratefulDead
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#45 » by GratefulDead » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 am

Eddy Curry V2.0 IMO
misterrunon
Senior
And1: 63

Post#46 » by misterrunon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:21 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Yeah, bowling isn't really a high impact game. 90 year old women can still go bowling.

Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Post#47 » by Shem » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 am

Here's the thing. He re-injured himself by bowling. Obviously that wasn't a smart decision. I noticed there are some differences of opinions here about whether or not it was stupid. The plain simple truth is he had a setback in his rehab from bowling. Obviously it wasn't a great idea no matter how you truth to spin it.

And I've bowled enough to know that you can put stress on your knees doing it. If you're rehabbing your knees, I'd say bowling isn't a good idea at the time. You can disagree with me all you want, but one fact remains. It affected Bynum's knees doing it. That should be enough to think about for the future if it's a good idea to bowl if your knees are bad or you're rehabbing them.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Dagameplaya PnG
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#48 » by Dagameplaya PnG » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Maybe Bynums an aggressive bowler. Like running across the lane and power rolling that ball for strikes every time. That would definitely mess with his injuries if that's the case.
Los Angele Lakers & North Carolina Tar Heels fan for life
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#49 » by Ganji » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Heyvoon24 wrote:this is just sad. what the hell is wrong with this idiot

monta ellis messed his leg up driving a scooter
love broke his hand doing push ups with knuckles
i remember spain soccer goaltender broke his leg, when he drooped a bottle of perfume on his leg in hotel
stuff like that happens.
Train
Senior
And1: 9

Post#50 » by Train » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Dude should've bowled underarm. What a fool.

smh.

Return to The General Board