yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

is it disloyal if miami trades wade?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#16 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:54 pm by CB-Blazer

Heat won't, nor should they trade Wade.

However, calling him a top 5 player at this point in his career is rather laughable. There is arguably 2 better players on his team alone.
CB-Blazer




Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,999
And1: 402
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
Top

Post#17 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:59 pm by GeneralNbaFan

kingofcomedy wrote:LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa


No one can guard Lebron, even excellent defenders.... my point : Wade had a bad playoff series , but who cares?With bad I mean bad for his standarts (which means still top 10)!

If he plays bad again the you are right, but until then you have to wait, because its still regular season!

And its not ridiculous to call Wade a top 5 player... Because after Lebron and Howard, Wade Kobe Durant Dirk and I think Anthony also, are arguable.....
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 33
Joined: Oct 12, 2011
Top

Post#18 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm by kingofcomedy

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa


No one can guard Lebron, even excellent defenders.... my point : Wade had a bad playoff series , but who cares?With bad I mean bad for his standarts (which means still top 10)!

If he plays bad again the you are right, but until then you have to wait, because its still regular season!

And its not ridiculous to call Wade a top 5 player... Because after Lebron and Howard, Wade Kobe Durant Dirk and I think Anthony also, are arguable.....

If he plays bad again at 31 his trade value plummets
kingofcomedy
Pro Prospect
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
Top

Post#19 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:07 pm by CB-Blazer

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa


No one can guard Lebron, even excellent defenders.... my point : Wade had a bad playoff series , but who cares?With bad I mean bad for his standarts (which means still top 10)!

If he plays bad again the you are right, but until then you have to wait, because its still regular season!

And its not ridiculous to call Wade a top 5 player... Because after Lebron and Howard, Wade Kobe Durant Dirk and I think Anthony also, are arguable.....


Quit being a homer man.

Lebron
Bosh
Kobe
Howard
Rondo
Durant
Duncan

Are all clearly better than Wade. This doesn't counter injured players like Rose and Love who are both better than Wade at this point in their careers also.

Wade has been vastly over-hyped, which I don't understand because Bosh has been vastly underhyped.
CB-Blazer




Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,999
And1: 402
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
Top

Post#20 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:07 pm by Johnny Firpo

Yes, Wade is a special player for them. Of course in professional sports, nobody is untouchable forever, but i can't imagine the fanbase accepting a decision like that.
Johnny Firpo

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,671
And1: 939
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
Top

Post#21 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:09 pm by donnieme

kingofcomedy wrote:
Felixano wrote:Makes no sense to trade him. He's a free agent next year, just resign him for cheap and see who else you can get along with him.

Wade isn't going to take a mle deal to stay, a 3 yr 45 million would probably still b offered from some team, as a mavs fan I'd give mayo and Kaman for wade

And I think this may end up being what cripples (or slows) them going forward. Having a mid thirties Wade on a 10-15m/year contract. Just my opinion though admittedly, I don't know much about their plans going forward so maybe one of the Heat fans can give me a realistic take on it.
donnieme
Junior
Posts: 458
And1: 186
Joined: Feb 27, 2012
Top

Post#22 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm by Ettorefm

Lebron looked also bad in 2011 but what happened in 2012..... the point is : Wade is still IMHO a top 5 player and you dont trade them.... plain and simple

.
I'm sorry, but Wade is NOT top 5. At least not for the last two seasons. I love Wade, but he is too good to be given credit for things he didn't do. He doesn't need that kind of cheap help.
.
Wade is riding on his resumee. When people talk about his crappy numbers, playoffs last season and health issues, some others mention 2006 and the finals MVP. So? That was 6 years ago, will be 7 by the time the HEat are facing the playoffs.
.
"Healthy, with some more chemistry, with some proper training, with more focus, with more training..."..always the excuses. I don't care about what would happen or what he COULD do.
.
YEs, he could be top 2. But he's not, and probably won't be anymore, so enough. There are at least 6 or 7 players more impactful in a game than Wade; not when Wade is 'hot', but on a regular basis.
.
I respect everyone's opinion, but I can't seem to understand someone who would say that guys like Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Dwight, Love, Chris Paul and Rondo aren't better than Wade right now. Wade is not just letting Lebron have the keys, but he's not producing when necessary. His playoffs last season were a joke
.
Not to mention that 'oh, but he's not healthy'. Sorry, but that COMES WITH THE PACKAGE when we talk about a player. This is just like saying Oden is a top 5 center when healthy. He's not healthy, so what's the point? Imagination land?
nhh90 wrote:I hoenstly don't know if melo is better than gallinari on that contract.
I feel like he will give you 18 pts-20 pts vs. 23-25 pts next year on 57 ts% instead of 54%. He also costs 10 million dollars less. So it is a wash.
Ettorefm

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,673
And1: 1,694
Joined: Aug 7, 2011
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Top

Post#23 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 pm by GeneralNbaFan

Look my top 5:
1. Lebron 2. Howard 3-4 Kobe Durant 5-6 Paul Wade....and I really agree that Bosh is underrated but he is not 8....
And how can you say Love? He is an elite shooter and an elite rebounder (maybe the best)....but you need more than that.... like being an go to guy! Maybe he becomes one time, but I doubt it!

What would happen if Kobe and Howard join Miami? All of a sudden they are no more top 10, because they dont have the impact? Wade is the same Wade but he is just playing with Lebron (the better player), wíth whom he doesnt fit well.
And I repeat my point : You dont trade a top 5 player...
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 33
Joined: Oct 12, 2011
Top

Post#24 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 pm by nykballa2k4

IMO teams make deals for their own benefit. If the Heat get the inkling that Wade will be opting out this summer and pursuing a BIGGER contract, he will be traded at the deadline. Heat have Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Shane Battier. They don't NEED Wade as much as he needs them.

There will be teams with cap space who can offer him more. It would not shock me if Wade wound up in Dallas or Atlanta.

If this were a video game world, Wade would be traded tomorrow for Andrew Bynum.
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
nykballa2k4
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,864
And1: 805
Joined: Jul 25, 2004
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys
Top

Post#25 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:46 pm by Rajon Rondo Fan

GeneralNbaFan wrote:Look my top 5:
1. Lebron 2. Howard 3-4 Kobe Durant 5-6 Paul Wade....and I really agree that Bosh is underrated but he is not 8....
And how can you say Love? He is an elite shooter and an elite rebounder (maybe the best)....but you need more than that.... like being an go to guy! Maybe he becomes one time, but I doubt it!

What would happen if Kobe and Howard join Miami? All of a sudden they are no more top 10, because they dont have the impact? Wade is the same Wade but he is just playing with Lebron (the better player), wíth whom he doesnt fit well.
And I repeat my point : You dont trade a top 5 player...


This is got to be the worse post I have seen ever on any site ever.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rajon Rondo Fan
Junior
Posts: 332
And1: 6
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Location: Michigan
Top

Post#26 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:47 pm by Ettorefm

I can even accept Love over Wade for the experience and never going to the playoffs, that's great. Still, you have 5 guys ahead of him, and 2/3 others in the same tier (for me Rondo is higher than Wade in any list right now, for example)
.
Also, you have two of the best 5 players (IMO) injuried in Rose/Dirk. I'm not putting them in the list because as I said, I live in the real world, not imaginationland. When they get back, I'll talk. At the same time, Wade is lucky those guys aren't playing..
.
I just can't see Wade being better right now (or since the beginning of the 10-11 season) than Paul, Rondo, Lebron, Howard, Kobe and Durant.
.
Actually, RIGHT NOW, november 18th (so, only this season), my list would be
1)Lebron
2)Melo
3)Durant
4)Kobe
5)Paul
6)Rondo
7)Irving ( 24/6/4 on 47% is MVP Rose-like)
8)Parker
9)Duncan
10)Howard
nhh90 wrote:I hoenstly don't know if melo is better than gallinari on that contract.
I feel like he will give you 18 pts-20 pts vs. 23-25 pts next year on 57 ts% instead of 54%. He also costs 10 million dollars less. So it is a wash.
Ettorefm

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,673
And1: 1,694
Joined: Aug 7, 2011
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Top

Post#27 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 pm by kingofcomedy

Rajon Rondo Fan wrote:
GeneralNbaFan wrote:Look my top 5:
1. Lebron 2. Howard 3-4 Kobe Durant 5-6 Paul Wade....and I really agree that Bosh is underrated but he is not 8....
And how can you say Love? He is an elite shooter and an elite rebounder (maybe the best)....but you need more than that.... like being an go to guy! Maybe he becomes one time, but I doubt it!

What would happen if Kobe and Howard join Miami? All of a sudden they are no more top 10, because they dont have the impact? Wade is the same Wade but he is just playing with Lebron (the better player), wíth whom he doesnt fit well.
And I repeat my point : You dont trade a top 5 player...


This is got to be the worse post I have seen ever on any site ever.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What's so bad about it, while i disagree his top 5 isn't outrageous
kingofcomedy
Pro Prospect
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
Top

Post#28 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:50 pm by Heat fan06

Wade is not going anywhere
Image
Credit to MK
Heat fan06
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,997
And1: 414
Joined: Apr 16, 2011
Top

Post#29 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 pm by kingofcomedy

Ettorefm wrote:I can even accept Love over Wade for the experience and never going to the playoffs, that's great. Still, you have 5 guys ahead of him, and 2/3 others in the same tier (for me Rondo is higher than Wade in any list right now, for example)
.
Also, you have two of the best 5 players (IMO) injuried in Rose/Dirk. I'm not putting them in the list because as I said, I live in the real world, not imaginationland. When they get back, I'll talk. At the same time, Wade is lucky those guys aren't playing..
.
I just can't see Wade being better right now (or since the beginning of the 10-11 season) than Paul, Rondo, Lebron, Howard, Kobe and Durant.

Rondo is an excellent player, however he shouldn't be on any top 5 list, imo a top 5 player should be able to lead a team of nobodies atleast close to the playoffs, if u put rondo on the bobcats they're still a lotto team as with Kevin love
kingofcomedy
Pro Prospect
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
Top

Post#30 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm by I_Socrates

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes


People really dont know what regular season means.... At the time of playoffs you will understand why he is untradeable.... Dont look at his stats because Lebron handles the ball


That's what you guys said last year... and he looked DONE in the PO's.
I'm not sure he's DONE per se yet, but he's close; taking into account his injury history and playing style, his body has taken a LOT of beating (even with all the flopping and acting he does). His game is predicated around speed and athleticism, but he does have the tools to age well with the killer mid range game and also a post up game, which will only help.

It would be foolish to trade him because they won't get what he's worth to them from anyone else, much like the Amar'e scenario in NY.
I_Socrates




Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,913
And1: 393
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Top

Post#31 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm by kingofcomedy

I_Socrates wrote:
GeneralNbaFan wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes


People really dont know what regular season means.... At the time of playoffs you will understand why he is untradeable.... Dont look at his stats because Lebron handles the ball


That's what you guys said last year... and he looked DONE in the PO's.
I'm not sure he's DONE per se yet, but he's close; taking into account his injury history and playing style, his body has taken a LOT of beating (even with all the flopping and acting he does). His game is predicated around speed and athleticism, but he does have the tools to age well with the killer mid range game and also a post up game, which will only help.

It would be foolish to trade him because they won't get what he's worth to them from anyone else, much like the Amar'e scenario in NY.

Lol his situation or trade value is nothing like amare its more on par with dirk, teams with cap wouldn't take amare in a salary dump
kingofcomedy
Pro Prospect
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
Top

Post#32 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 pm by druggas

If Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Howard, and almost Kobe can be traded, Wade certainly can be.
druggas
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,041
And1: 283
Joined: Dec 27, 2007
Top

Post#33 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm by gethigh

Image

that's all you need to know on the Loyalty subject.
gethigh
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 69
Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Top

Post#34 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm by durden_tyler

Greatest move by Riley if he can get value off him. F^ck loyalty, this is the NBA.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
durden_tyler

General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,274
And1: 640
Joined: Jun 3, 2003
Top

Post#35 Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 pm by I_Socrates

KingofComedy, there aren't many teams that would take him as a salary dump, either. Maybe about 5 teams that would if they could, but can't so that's moot. Teams like Toronto would be interested but don't have the cap space and/or necessary expirings, other than that if you can name 5 teams that can and would trade expirings/picks for D-Wade, please give me the list and what they would offer and whether Miami would accept that.
I_Socrates




Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,913
And1: 393
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Top

Next

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AskWazzup, bemzk, breaking bad, calderon13, cpower, crossjon, Down To Buck, Downtown, DrCoach, druggas, flash22, hazy_01, Hoopstar23, Imon, infinite11285, jeeph, JesusHCoxMd, John Black, JohnnyNightrain, johnnyvann840, Lamak, LetItRain, loserX, mdsambou, MellowRose, MetalFingaz, Mr Loggins, mrm5480, Narigo, NBAfan3024, Pb, pcbothwel, Raylan Givens, rim_killa, Sadrak, SIC, skywalker33, TheOUTLAW, thesneakysneak, wolfv