Is Jeff Green an asset or liability?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Is Jeff Green an asset or liability? 

Post#61 » by spearsy23 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Have the C's fan base not learned anything about getting too high on players? Avery Bradley would like his mvp trophy now.

Pretty much the other way around, though, isn't it?

Celts have had a ton of recent players and teams who exceeded expectations. Pierce, Rondo, Al Jefferson, Perkins, Tony Allen... etc. Even coaches and front office guys like Thibodeau and Morey.

Out of those guys rondo and Allen are the only two that have exceeded expectations. I'm not sure how a coach or front office guy exceeds expectations :-?

Everyone said this Celts team was already dead back in early 2009, when KG got hurt. How'd that work out? All I know is that we gave the Heat the scare of their lives in the playoffs last year with half a team, before watching them bury your Thunder with ease.

Just like they will again this year.

Obvious trolling, I'm sorry you're stuck with a past its prime team that's about to sink back into irrelevance like it's the 90's. but sure, you managed to almost make the finals against a Boshless Miami, of course going to the finals is a bigger accomplishment. So Now you're stuck relying on Sam presti's scraps as your best hope at a future while my thunder are the 2nd best team in the league, our future looks a hell of a lot better. You've always got the past going for you, can't take that away.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#62 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:56 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Obvious trolling, I'm sorry you're stuck with a past its prime team that's about to sink back into irrelevance like it's the 90's. but sure, you managed to almost make the finals against a Boshless Miami, of course going to the finals is a bigger accomplishment. So Now you're stuck relying on Sam presti's scraps as your best hope at a future while my thunder are the 2nd best team in the league, our future looks a hell of a lot better. You've always got the past going for you, can't take that away.

It's not trolling, it's reality. I'm sure there's a few Cs fans who are too high on (good but not great) role players like Bradley and Green, but most aren't overhyping our guys. Boston fans grew up watching championship teams. We know what it's supposed to look like. When you get there yourselves, feel free to tell us all about it. Until then, not sure what you bragging about.

Love your team, but they cannot and will not beat Miami at full strength. Got a lot of hard-nosed role players and a couple of beasts in KD and Westbrook, but your offense is nothing special. Too many non-scorers and no real teamwork on that end of the floor, just 3 players who can score 1-on-1.
pross
Veteran
And1: 174

Post#63 » by pross » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:27 am

RutgersBJJ wrote:
Deathclutch23 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Have the C's fan base not learned anything about getting too high on players? Avery Bradley would like his mvp trophy now.

Salty OKC fan just stop. Most Celtics fans just consider Green to be a decent starter, don't try to generalize us. Just stop.

And @ all the people saying all star is too much of a farfetched dream , Mo **** Williams and Devin Harris were an all star. In East it's not that hard to be an all star once or twice.

At the front-court position? No chance. You named two guards who made it when guard depth was terrible. He has no chance. He'll never put up better years than Josh Smith has the past 3 seasons and Smith never even came close to making the team. On any given year there is Melo, Bosh, George, Granger, Lopez, Noah, Lebron, and Horford. Green will obviously never make an all-star team.

Luol Deng made it putting up similar numbers to what Jeff Green has been putting up since Jan. Consistency is the key for him to improve from here. To say he will "obviously never make an all-star team" is pretty ignorant.
3Pac
Banned User
And1: 213

Post#64 » by 3Pac » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:50 pm

this thread is legendary

Return to The General Board