The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#921 » by TheBigThree » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:56 am

Anyone that thinks Beal is chucking hasn't watched a single game he's played. I don't really think he deserved the award either, and yeah, his efficiency isn't great, but it's not because he's some black hole.

Anyway, another nice game tonight. 24 points 6 rebounds and 4 assists, with 3 steals. Needs to get some respect from the refs at some point.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#922 » by Dupp » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:57 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:This Drummond infatuation is beginning to become too much. If he was the first pick in the draft people would be talking about how much he has under achieved, but since he slipped to the Pistons hes now the second coming of Dwight Howard. Give me a break. Pistons fans are beginning to be about as delusional as Raptor fans.

Why you singling out piston fans? Everyone, besides yourself it seems has been very very impressed with Drummond. Dude is legit.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,322

Post#923 » by Infinite Llamas » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:09 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Why is Sullinger in that list? He straight up sucks. The only reason his no hoops self is getting any burn is because the Cs have an awful frontcourt.

Prigs? I love him cuz he is a Knick but come one. Barnes, Ross, and Beal are all better than him. BSPN strikes again.

You watch Sullinger play? Top notch rebounder on both sides and a very capable defender with a solid post game. Guy has zero plays drawn up for him and he scores all his points in garbage situations. Box scores don't do his contributions justice. Guessing, you haven't seen him play, but you'll get your chance next week.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Uncle Jeff
Senior
And1: 32

Post#924 » by Uncle Jeff » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:10 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:This Drummond infatuation is beginning to become too much. If he was the first pick in the draft people would be talking about how much he has under achieved, but since he slipped to the Pistons hes now the second coming of Dwight Howard. Give me a break. Pistons fans are beginning to be about as delusional as Raptor fans.

Yeah, they're almost as delusional as the Bobcats fans.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#925 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:26 am

Drummond comes close to a double double in around 20min per game. How can people possibly not be infatuated with him? He has insane potential and has shown no reason why he shouldn't live up to that potential. The only reason he gets 20min a game is because our coach is stupidly over cautious with him and we would be a much better team with him starting and getting 36min a game instead of Jason freaking Maxiell.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#926 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:32 am

Dre is no Biyombo.
Navas
Pro Prospect
And1: 224

Post#927 » by Navas » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:33 am

I've seen a lot of players and games live, and Drummond's one of those people where I've been absolutely astonished by his movement in general.

When he came on as a sub in the first quarter against the Hawks tonight, he was in for about less than 10 seconds and he gets a dunk. He came out of nowhere.

Frank's beginning to trust him more as well. Towards the end, he put Drummond on against the Hawks. Ended using a foul to give and then he blocked a potential game winning shot in the dying seconds of the game. Paid off in the end.
'Yes, man is mortal, but that would be only half the trouble. The worst of it is that he's sometimes unexpectedly mortal - there's the trick!'
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#928 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:41 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:No he didn't earn it. He chucked and had the highest USG rate among the candidates. He was highly inefficient.

He wasn't even close to chucking, he shot open shots. I seen every minute he has played, you are basing things off of box scores. Well I look forward to you being mad when Beal wins the rookie of the month again for January :lol:

How can you call them good shots if he hasn't consistently hit them at a high clip.He didn't even do it in college.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#929 » by branny » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:46 am

Dutuctive Depp wrote:

Why you singling out piston fans? Everyone, besides yourself it seems has been very very impressed with Drummond. Dude is legit.

Agreed
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#930 » by floppymoose » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:46 am

I think Piston's fans are right to be excited about Drummond. He's progressing even faster than I hoped, and I wanted to draft him at #7. It's Monroe who they overrate.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#931 » by Dupp » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:48 am

I wanted to draft him at 4. A lot of teams made a mistake passing on him.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#932 » by King d » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:30 am

TheBigThree wrote:Anyone that thinks Beal is chucking hasn't watched a single game he's played. I don't really think he deserved the award either, and yeah, his efficiency isn't great, but it's not because he's some black hole.

Anyway, another nice game tonight. 24 points 6 rebounds and 4 assists, with 3 steals. Needs to get some respect from the refs at some point.

I still think he is going to be the best SG from this draft class, way better all around game than Waiters or Lamb and he looks like a way better defender than both.

He will be an impact starter for many years to come
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#933 » by Hero » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:34 am

Dutuctive Depp wrote:I wanted to draft him at 4. A lot of teams made a mistake passing on him.

Yep. He would do so much for Cavs, Kings and Raptors. Just today Raptors got absolutely destroyed by cousins and I bet even rookie Drummond would have matched up better than our bigs.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#934 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:15 pm

Sullinger was really good against the Pacers. Thoughts on his rookie year and projections? should he have gone much higher? Me thinks so.
ParrottK
Bench Warmer
And1: 17

Post#935 » by ParrottK » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:35 pm

floppymoose wrote:I think Piston's fans are right to be excited about Drummond. He's progressing even faster than I hoped, and I wanted to draft him at #7. It's Monroe who they overrate.

Yes, well, to be fair to us Pistons fans, Monroe was much more impressive his first two seasons. This year his touches have increased, but his production remains largely the same as his efficiency has dropped. He's not a number 1 option at this point in his career--and most likely never will be--though I think most Pistons fans are aware of this.

(Sorry for the tangent.)
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#936 » by TheBigThree » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:11 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIVRJcKP87o[/youtube]

Beal's 24 versus the Nets. Definitely see a little bit of Wade in him. Easily his best mid-range game. Usually he bricks those jumpers somehow.

Also includes a nice two-hand poster on MarShon at 2:16, showing some hops.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#937 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:48 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:No he didn't earn it. He chucked and had the highest USG rate among the candidates. He was highly inefficient.

He wasn't even close to chucking, he shot open shots. I seen every minute he has played, you are basing things off of box scores. Well I look forward to you being mad when Beal wins the rookie of the month again for January :lol:

How can you call them good shots if he hasn't consistently hit them at a high clip.He didn't even do it in college.

Well he's hitting them now, so don't be upset when he wins rookie of the month again. Kid is flying under the radar on realgm. No rookie besides Lillard (who should be the ROY so far) has been asked to do more than Beal (who's only 19). Can't believe some people said Ross was playing better than Beal :lol:

nate33 wrote:In 3 games so far in January, Beal is averaging 20 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 1 stl, 1 blk and 1 turnover while maintaining an eFG% and TS% of around 54%. Now THOSE are ROTM type of numbers!
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#938 » by Hero » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:55 pm

Well he's hitting them now

For the last 10 games..he's 38% from the field. Not that impressive.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#939 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:59 pm

Hero wrote:

Im talking about this month not the last 10 games. Beals being ask to be our number 2 scoring option, not many 19 year old rookies are put in that position. So far this month he's been playing great. Each month he is improving and as a fan that's all I can ask for. He's starting to separate himself from the other older sg's in the draft Waiters, Lamb, Ross, etc..
Scout Taron
Veteran
And1: 393

Post#940 » by Scout Taron » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:21 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Hero wrote:

Im talking about this month not the last 10 games. Beals being ask to be our number 2 scoring option, not many 19 year old rookies are put in that position. So far this month he's been playing great. Each month he is improving and as a fan that's all I can ask for. He's starting to separate himself from the other older sg's in the draft Waiters, Lamb, Ross, etc..

Dion Waiters is in the same position..And they're shooting the exact same percentage with very similar stats overall.

So.........

Return to The General Board