yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin

Post#406 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:50 pm by Shem

Han Solo wrote:
CBB_Fan wrote:I have been really disappointed with Thomas Robinson. He is averaging less points than any other top-10 pick, and he has looked really bad in virtually every game. His team has no confidence in him, preferring to start a horrible back-up small forward over him at power forward with three starters out.

I expected him to contend for RoY, and average nearly a double-double. But he can't shoot (.410 FG%, which is piss-poor for any player and doubly so for a big), he gets blocked very often, and he doesn't really show signs of NBA quality skills in any area except defensive rebounding.

I think it is fair to say that he has been the most disappointing rookie this year. Right now, his stats match the career averages of a second-round pick, and if he intends to play in the league after his rookie contract is up he needs to play better.

Could have had Drummond....lol

Or Lillard or Barnes as well. ;)
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem

RealGM
And1: 1,161

Post#407 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:55 pm by DA_SCOUT

Great game by Terrence Ross tonight.

OFFICIALY ON THE JV & BRUNO CABOCLO BANDWAGON
RAPS IN 4.
DA_SCOUT
Rookie
And1: 215
Location: If I don't respond to you, you're probably being ignorant.

Post#408 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 am by orangeparka

Good game for Lillard against the Spurs, but I gotta say, just terrible D from them.

You can't give him all those open looks, he'll knock them down if he's open.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 162

Post#409 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am by Bskey

orangeparka wrote:Good game for Lillard against the Spurs, but I gotta say, just terrible D from them.

You can't give him all those open looks, he'll knock them down if he's open.

He get's himself open a lot, that step-back is deadly in 1on1.

And his release is quick enough that if you go under a pick he's launching that shot before you get around it. If you chase him above the pick he's off to the rim. The only way to really contain him is to trap or hope he's having a bad shooting night. Lillard's scoring isn't just defenses not knowing how to handle him, it's that defense can't just simply stop him. He's been scouted enough to where teams would know how to deal with him if it was simple. Not to say he won't see schemes that are more effective on him coming up but this guy is really talented and deserves a lot of credit.
Bskey
Veteran
And1: 139

Post#410 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:53 am by TottiGOAT

Andrew Nicholson is the biggest steal of the draft so far.
TottiGOAT

Head Coach
And1: 284

Post#411 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 am by Han Solo

MeloisMVP wrote:Andrew Nicholson is the biggest steal of the draft so far.

Lol
aka faded
Han Solo
Starter
And1: 160

Post#412 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:18 am by TottiGOAT

Han Solo wrote:

Lol

What?
TottiGOAT

Head Coach
And1: 284

Post#413 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am by Shem

April 4, 2014:

Shem

RealGM

Post#414 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:35 am by Shem

April 4, 2014:

Shem

RealGM

Post#415 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:54 am by boogie-reke

MeloisMVP wrote:
Han Solo wrote:

Lol

What?

That's the response from 80% of DET fans here when someone talks about anyone else other then Drummond, you just need to ignore and move on.

Choker wrote:Drummond would have busted in Sacramento. Him going to the Kings was my biggest fear for him.

In retrospect, I don't think Drummond would have busted in Sac.

I mean, it's not like DET and Frank are doing anything out of the ordinary to highlight him on the court besides a couple ally-hoop plays - basically what he's getting offensively is him showing strong, being the athletic freak that he is, and gobbling offensive rebounds, and in general playing on raw physical/athletic talent.

He could very well have done that with the Kings or any other team in the league for that matter, as I doubt he'd get any plays called for him with us either being the same garbage man role he's doing for DET, which helps him highlight his current strengths and hide the weaknesses.

Boy how wrong was I about this kid, and how different he looks from collage.
ā€œIts my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it aroundā€
-DeMarcus Cousins

ā€œRookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
boogie-reke

Head Coach
And1: 185

Post#416 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 am by T-Will20

T-Will20
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#417 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:04 am by Choker

boogie-reke wrote:In retrospect, I don't think Drummond would have busted in Sac.

I mean, it's not like DET and Frank are doing anything out of the ordinary to highlight him on the court besides a couple ally-hoop plays - basically what he's getting offensively is him showing strong, being the athletic freak that he is, and gobbling offensive rebounds, and in general playing on raw physical/athletic talent.

He could very well have done that with the Kings or any other team in the league for that matter, as I doubt he'd get any plays called for him with us either being the same garbage man role he's doing for DET, which helps him highlight his current strengths and hide the weaknesses.

Boy how wrong was I about this kid, and how different he looks from collage.

I dunno, the big difference between Drummond now and Drummond in college is confidence. He was playing absolutely lethargic in UCONN, and right now he's looking like he's on top of the world. For better or worse Detroit is an organization that really guts it out with their young guns. I don't think Jason Maxiell, Austin Daye, and Rodney Stuckey would have lasted as long as they have if they were with any other team. As an organization they have confidence in their younger guys, and I believe that's what's enabling Drummond to play like this.
Danchan wrote:I honestly like Landry more than Demar.

Choker

RealGM
And1: 7,132

Post#418 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:34 am by princeofpalace

CBB_Fan wrote:I have been really disappointed with Thomas Robinson. He is averaging less points than any other top-10 pick, and he has looked really bad in virtually every game. His team has no confidence in him, preferring to start a horrible back-up small forward over him at power forward with three starters out.

I expected him to contend for RoY, and average nearly a double-double. But he can't shoot (.410 FG%, which is piss-poor for any player and doubly so for a big), he gets blocked very often, and he doesn't really show signs of NBA quality skills in any area except defensive rebounding.

I think it is fair to say that he has been the most disappointing rookie this year. Right now, his stats match the career averages of a second-round pick, and if he intends to play in the league after his rookie contract is up he needs to play better.

Robinson is just a bad fit on Sacramento. I think on another team he would look better. They messed him up from the get go playing him as a point forward in SL. No disrespect, but I dont think the Kings no much about player development.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 523

Post#419 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:32 pm by JustinSane

Nicholson is very, very good. I can see the argument for him as steal of the draft, given where he went. Personally I think Drummond or Lillard probably have stronger cases, but he's in the conversation.
JustinSane
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#420 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 pm by ComboGuardCity

MeloisMVP wrote:
Han Solo wrote:

Lol

What?

For some reason this guy likes to rub it in the faces of other fans that we landed Drummond. Its really childish if you ask me and it doesn't reflect the rest of our fanbase.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 1,660

Post#421 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 pm by Han Solo

GTFO :lol:
aka faded
Han Solo
Starter
And1: 160

Post#422 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:32 pm by NaturalThunder

Barnes lighting it up in Atlanta. He just likes playing the Hawks. He's got 15 and is 3/3 from three. He had 19 the first time they played Atlanta.
GetItDone wrote:Durant continues to be the most overrated player in basketball.
Once again disappears in the 4th. On paper it looks like he played good, but he wasn't anything great. When defenses get tighter Durant gets exposed. He can't do much besides shoot jumpers.
NaturalThunder

Starter
And1: 265

Post#423 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 pm by ComboGuardCity

Han Solo wrote:GTFO :lol:

Take your own advice.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 1,660

Post#424 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:54 pm by sir G Wallace

Let's pretend Rubio is begining the second half of his rookie year tonight :P
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#425 Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:56 pm by NaturalThunder

Barnes has 19 on 8/12 shooting about midway through the fourth quarter.
GetItDone wrote:Durant continues to be the most overrated player in basketball.
Once again disappears in the 4th. On paper it looks like he played good, but he wasn't anything great. When defenses get tighter Durant gets exposed. He can't do much besides shoot jumpers.
NaturalThunder

Starter
And1: 265

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board