The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II

Moderators: KF10, Slava, CoreyGallagher, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Mr. E, Yuri Vaultin, bwgood77, Blame Rasho, ken6199, GimmeDat, tsherkin

User avatar
Hero
RealGM
Posts: 27,426
And1: 28,449
Joined: Apr 05, 2012
 

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#991 » by Hero » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:52 am

Very impressive numbers. He may end up being the best wing from the draft after all.
“Andrea is not going to go 2 for 19 very many times this season,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after the 111-106 loss. “The other night [in Detroit] he couldn’t miss. I’m going to ride with him come hell or high water.”
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,877
And1: 1,988
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#992 » by Shem » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:54 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSWUWm63tY[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,830
And1: 655
Joined: Jan 05, 2004
Location: real gm

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#993 » by UGA Hayes » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:43 am

Jared Sullinger has quietly been a g-dsend for the Celtics. Amazingly consistent for a rookie.
The Sebastian Express
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
Posts: 11,119
And1: 1,614
Joined: Dec 10, 2004

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#994 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:35 am

boogie-reke wrote:Someone have the numbers on highlight mixes per 36 minutes by Blazers fans?

I think they're on an historic pace.


Considering it is one fan, not multiple, who posts the videos and you're all certainly welcome to post videos of the rookies of your teams, I don't see the problem. I am sure if there was a higher concentration of Hornets fans on realGM we'd be seeing Davis highlights after each game, since he is also a joy to watch. And now that Beal has picked it up we're seeing videos of him, and he is fun to watch. I'd certainly like to see videos of MKG out there, if anyone is making them, posted by the Bobcats fans as he is possibly the most fun to watch of all since he's always going 110%.
cucad8
Head Coach
Posts: 6,249
And1: 421
Joined: May 27, 2007

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#995 » by cucad8 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:56 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Not really rookie related, but young team related, I really like what I see from the young Hornets.

We are competitive in most of our games, and there isn't players on the team that most poor record teams have that make me say "I want this guy off the team". I really like the makeup and pretty much everyone except Austin Rivers has played better than you would expect from an individual standpoint, we just need them to gel.

coaching. Really was hoping at some point we'd have fired nate and promoted monty. knew he'd be a good coach.
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,877
And1: 1,988
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#996 » by Shem » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:00 am

Lillard with 18 points, 10 assists, and 2 steals tonight in the Blazers 125-119 win over the Magic tonight!
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Blazing_royale
General Manager
Posts: 7,988
And1: 68
Joined: Jul 03, 2006

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#997 » by Blazing_royale » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:06 am

Austin river an official bust yet?
User avatar
Eoghan
RealGM
Posts: 10,018
And1: 2,207
Joined: May 20, 2009

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#998 » by Eoghan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:08 am

The Sebastian Express wrote: I'd certainly like to see videos of MKG out there, if anyone is making them, posted by the Bobcats fans as he is possibly the most fun to watch of all since he's always going 110%.

Not my vid but here's MKG's latest vid worthy game:

edit: can't get youtube tags to work for some reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oDVzxItHLyU
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 21,982
And1: 2,677
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#999 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:19 am

BrotherDave wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote: I'd certainly like to see videos of MKG out there, if anyone is making them, posted by the Bobcats fans as he is possibly the most fun to watch of all since he's always going 110%.

Not my vid but here's MKG's latest vid worthy game:

edit: can't get youtube tags to work for some reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oDVzxItHLyU

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDVzxItHLyU[/youtube]
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
User avatar
Milkdud
RealGM
Posts: 12,073
And1: 131
Joined: May 21, 2001
Location: Dreaming of Australia

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1000 » by Milkdud » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:46 am

Where's the Thomas Robinson highlight video.... oh wait :oops:
User avatar
Optms
RealGM
Posts: 11,002
And1: 1,381
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1001 » by Optms » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:28 am

Lillard is really lucky to be one a good team with great teammates.

It makes him look a lot better than he would had he gone to a bad situation. This isn't a knock. Just an observation.

Glad to see a four year college guy succeed this well in the league. Some of these kids in school who aren't projected to go top 5 should take notes. Lillard lets the game come to him and hardly forces anything. He is the most ready guy I've seen in a while. Definitely not your prototypical first year player. Those 4 years at Weber state really helped him for the league.
User avatar
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,875
And1: 93
Joined: Jul 03, 2008
Location: P-TOWN

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1002 » by Cro_Ruption » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:44 am

Optms wrote:Lillard is really lucky to be one a good team with great teammates.

It makes him look a lot better than he would had he gone to a bad situation. This isn't a knock. Just an observation.

Glad to see a four year college guy succeed this well in the league. Some of these kids in school who aren't projected to go top 5 should take notes. Lillard lets the game come to him and hardly forces anything. He is the most ready guy I've seen in a while. Definitely not your prototypical first year player. Those 4 years at Weber state really helped him for the league.


blazers weren't suppose to be good at all

not above .500 at least
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,877
And1: 1,988
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1003 » by Shem » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:46 am

Cro_Ruption wrote:
Optms wrote:Lillard is really lucky to be one a good team with great teammates.

It makes him look a lot better than he would had he gone to a bad situation. This isn't a knock. Just an observation.

Glad to see a four year college guy succeed this well in the league. Some of these kids in school who aren't projected to go top 5 should take notes. Lillard lets the game come to him and hardly forces anything. He is the most ready guy I've seen in a while. Definitely not your prototypical first year player. Those 4 years at Weber state really helped him for the league.


blazers weren't suppose to be good at all

not above .500 at least

Lillard is a BIG reason why they're 4 game above .500 right now.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,877
And1: 1,988
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1004 » by Shem » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:56 am

NBA TV is going to do a thing about the Blazers and how they're contenders right now because of Damian Lillard after the commercial break.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
dpnim
Sophomore
Posts: 224
And1: 88
Joined: May 03, 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1005 » by dpnim » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:21 am

Blazing_royale wrote:Austin river an official bust yet?


Say something? I was too busy staring at your avatar... :wink:
Being a Blazer fan isn't exactly healthy.
User avatar
Mark K
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 75,281
And1: 18,264
Joined: Jan 24, 2004
Location: Australia
Contact:
 

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1006 » by Mark K » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:40 am

Shem wrote:NBA TV is going to do a thing about the Blazers and how they're contenders right now because of Damian Lillard after the commercial break.


Contenders?
User avatar
Laure
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,622
And1: 1,676
Joined: Mar 03, 2012
 

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1007 » by Laure » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:05 am

Wonder how Wall/Beal backourt will come along. Alot of potential right there.
Image
User avatar
fishnc
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,083
And1: 448
Joined: Dec 18, 2007

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1008 » by fishnc » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:55 pm

KingCuban wrote:
Shem wrote:NBA TV is going to do a thing about the Blazers and how they're contenders right now because of Damian Lillard after the commercial break.


Contenders?


Playoff contenders.
User avatar
Halcyon
Starter
Posts: 2,106
And1: 95
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
       

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1009 » by Halcyon » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:22 pm

Brad Beal January stats (5 game sample size)
MPG: 38.0
eFG%: 50.6
TS%: 51.9
FG%: 42.0
FT%: 60.0 (1.8/3.0)
3PT%: 56.0 (2.8/5.0)
PPG: 18.2
RPG: 4.0
APG: 3.4
STL: 1.2
BLK: 0.6
TOV: 1.2
USG%: 23.0

Very impressive. Needs to keep shooting well and start to get to the line more.
User avatar
roc
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,672
And1: 659
Joined: May 29, 2006
Location: detroit roc city

Re: The OFFICIAL Rookie impressions thread pt. II 

Post#1010 » by roc » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:38 pm

^Those type of numbers are a lot more deserving of ROM than his inefficient December numbers were.
Image
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe

Return to The General Board