Duncan, Parker, Crawford(?), Fake Guns

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Re: Duncan, Parker, Crawford(?), Fake Guns 

Post#61 » by Ballings7 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 7:20 pm

It's photoshopped - look for the shadows.. plus Duncan even looking down would be taller than that over that uy
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#62 » by ImmortalD24 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 8:04 pm

It's legit. At first I too was a bit hesitant, but after more photos developed at that party.. it's definitely legit. Not a smart move, especially by Duncan.. you'd think Duncan would be the wiser. Guess not.

Should be a mil + fine easy.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,440

Post#63 » by ImSlower » Sat Dec 1, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh come on. I'm sure that there are also about thirty pictures of Tim and Tony hugging and smiling with the guy dressed as Crawford. As stated above, that's a hilarious costume to wear to a Spurs Halloween party.

I have a picture of myself and another guy posing with a girl at a masquerade party this past Halloween. It looks like we're holding her down. Oh god, it must mean we are threatening to savage her innocence in real life! Oh the heavens!
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#64 » by Goldtop » Sat Dec 1, 2012 8:45 pm

sportjames23 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:If there is any recourse by the league towards the Spurs for this, I am done with the NBA. Seriously, it is known Crawford is a terrible ref.

:lol:
Thats awesome. wtf is Crawford doing dancing around?
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#65 » by Goldtop » Sat Dec 1, 2012 9:14 pm

ImSlower wrote:Oh come on. I'm sure that there are also about thirty pictures of Tim and Tony hugging and smiling with the guy dressed as Crawford. As stated above, that's a hilarious costume to wear to a Spurs Halloween party.

I have a picture of myself and another guy posing with a girl at a masquerade party this past Halloween. It looks like we're holding her down. Oh god, it must mean we are threatening to savage her innocence in real life! Oh the heavens!

Thats not the point ppl are making. Obviuosly it wa a fake gun and fake Crawford, and I'm sure the Spurs have no intention of actually ever doing it to the real Crawford. But they are still high profile athletes and role models to a lot of kids. You can't have them promoting stuff like this, even if they were just joking around. Could you imagine if Jordan in the 80s was pictured holding a gun to an Isiah look-a-like? All while the NBA was airing "Be Like Mike" ads? lol c'mon man, do you really think this is acceptable for the NBA's superstars to be doing?

This isn't some unknown end of bench guy. Duncan is one of the biggest stars in history, and not just in America, but he's marketed globally with the Spurs having a huge international following. Its not a good look for the NBA, period, any way you try to spin it. And you can't compare it to what average Joe's do in their spare time with friends joking around. We aren't high profile athletes who get paid millions in part to be role models.

If this pic got the Wizards in trouble, I have a hard time believing one of Duncan holding a gun to an official won't as well.
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#66 » by ndnow » Sat Dec 1, 2012 9:25 pm

Goldtop wrote:
ImSlower wrote:Oh come on. I'm sure that there are also about thirty pictures of Tim and Tony hugging and smiling with the guy dressed as Crawford. As stated above, that's a hilarious costume to wear to a Spurs Halloween party.

Thats not the point ppl are making. Obviuosly it wa a fake gun and fake Crawford, and I'm sure the Spurs have no intention of actually ever doing it to the real Crawford. But they are still high profile athletes and role models to a lot of kids. You can't have them promoting stuff like this, even if they were just joking around. Could you imagine if Jordan in the 80s was pictured holding a gun to an Isiah look-a-like? All while the NBA was airing "Be Like Mike" ads? lol c'mon man, do you really think this is acceptable for the NBA's superstars to be doing?

This isn't some unknown end of bench guy. Duncan is one of the biggest stars in history, and not just in America, but he's marketed globally with the Spurs having a huge international following. Its not a good look for the NBA, period, any way you try to spin it. And you can't compare it to what average Joe's do in their spare time with friends joking around. We aren't high profile athletes who get paid millions in part to be role models.

If this pic got the Wizards in trouble, I have a hard time believing one of Duncan holding a gun to an official won't as well.

So you think players should act the way the nba wants them too in there private time because people worship them? Sounds like an awful world. God forbid if duncans bondage pics get out when hes with his wife in the bedroom.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#67 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Dec 1, 2012 9:52 pm

Some people are really dense aren't they...
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
And1: 245

Post#68 » by Jeff23 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 10:04 pm

Back in the days we used to just laugh our asses off at hilarious stuff like this and move on..

i still do, but some people dont.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#69 » by LamarMatic7 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 10:09 pm

Wow. I thought that there would be 5 pages of funny comments and people laughing at how hilarious the picture is. Was I wrong or what!?
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#70 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Dec 1, 2012 11:05 pm

I doubt there will be a suspension since it's clearly a halloween party--but I do think Stern will probably have some very angry discussions with the involved players about the image of the league, gilbert arenas, and gun violence in general.

Considering the climate right now with all of these shootings, and the problems the NBA has had in the past with guns--it's kind of dumb. Plus who is going as Neo in 2012?

Actually the one way this could become a fine or suspension is if ESPN covers it and makes a big deal out of it. If Stern can ignore it, he'll want to. But I doubt after the situation with the chiefs player that those pics won't end up being a story. Too many lazy sports writers out there with nothing else to write about.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#71 » by WhateverBro » Sat Dec 1, 2012 11:13 pm

I can imagine how this thread would've blown up if it was Garnett who had done this instead, wow. This board would've had a complete meltdown.
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#72 » by 420 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 11:44 pm

lol, would've been great if they had a David $tern look-a-like, as well.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#73 » by narmerguy » Sat Dec 1, 2012 11:56 pm

It's real. Hopefully they don't get substantial sanctions for this.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#74 » by waya » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:15 am

I don't see a problem with it. It's not like they called the dude and said "Hey man, make sure you dress up as Joey Crawford so me and Tony can point our fake guns at you!" Just a spur of the moment thing, in their private time, during some (probably) inebriated Halloween fun.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#75 » by Sky_Knicks » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:20 am

Goldtop wrote:damn, if thats real there could be legal ramifications.

justinandimcool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,097

Post#76 » by justinandimcool » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:23 am

I'll argue against the Pop sanction to death for 100 pages (I think I already have), not really sure I can defend this though.

It's a Halloween party, yes. I'm cool with toy guns, but not with certain poses.

If I was going through facebook and saw a pic of someone dressed as me, with guys don't like me posing like they're gonna kill me...I'd be pretty terrified. This pic is that x10. I'd say this if the guy in the photo was KG or Barea or the Queen of England.

ASSUMING it's not a chop of just an NFL replacement ref. Even then I'm still cringing.

Context tells us Tiago and Jack don't hate each other, so that picture is fine. But Duncan obviously doesn't like Crawford. No matter how funny or harmless, it's still not very smart any way you look at it. I assume he was drunk :lol:
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#77 » by Sky_Knicks » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:27 am

The4thHorseman wrote:
sportjames23 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:If there is any recourse by the league towards the Spurs for this, I am done with the NBA. Seriously, it is known Crawford is a terrible ref.

What makes that even funnier is that it looks as if Kobe see's the missle coming then puts his hands behind his head as if saying "OH ****"

Dear God thank you for the internet LMAOO. This is GOLDDDDDDDDD :lol:
EntropyPR
Banned User
And1: 2,381

Post#78 » by EntropyPR » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:28 am

LOL at people looking for Photoshop were there isn't any.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#79 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:35 am

I'll take those bets if people are actually serious. Clearly not photoshopped.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Juan Montoya
Junior
And1: 49

Post#80 » by Juan Montoya » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:37 am

freshtrinity46 wrote:I remember thinking those pics were in poor taste (even if it's the joker) after what happened in Co not too long ago. No need for the guns. Never saw the one in the op before. Wow. Never knew both Duncan and Pop were this stupid. Pop for purposely trying to mess with a guy like Stern (which was obvious by his action unless you're a gullible bumpkin). Duncan, no explanation needed. I guess it proves that guys who usually act 'too cool for school' are really the dumbest guys in the room

+1 Pop has essentiall made sure calls wont go there way in the playoffs. What Parker and Duncan did was just completely tasteless. How dumb are they, they have just made sure the NBA wont let them win in any case.
Not the real Montoya

Return to The General Board