Duncan, Parker, Crawford(?), Fake Guns

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

sportjames23
Bench Warmer
And1: 24

Re: Duncan, Parker, Crawford(?), Fake Guns 

Post#81 » by sportjames23 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 2:21 am

narmerguy wrote:It's real. Hopefully they don't get substantial sanctions for this.

They will. For basketball reasons.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#82 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 3:03 am

sportjames23 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:If there is any recourse by the league towards the Spurs for this, I am done with the NBA. Seriously, it is known Crawford is a terrible ref.

justinandimcool wrote:I'll argue against the Pop sanction to death for 100 pages (I think I already have), not really sure I can defend this though.

It's a Halloween party, yes. I'm cool with toy guns, but not with certain poses.

If I was going through facebook and saw a pic of someone dressed as me, with guys don't like me posing like they're gonna kill me...I'd be pretty terrified. This pic is that x10. I'd say this if the guy in the photo was KG or Barea or the Queen of England.

ASSUMING it's not a chop of just an NFL replacement ref. Even then I'm still cringing.

Context tells us Tiago and Jack don't hate each other, so that picture is fine. But Duncan obviously doesn't like Crawford. No matter how funny or harmless, it's still not very smart any way you look at it. I assume he was drunk :lol:

Duncan and Parker both have clean reputations. If it was Artest.... different story. This is no worse than Mark Cubans April fools prank fights. It is clear that this is just some guys having fun. If I were Joey Crawford and knew these guys like that, I would be okay with it. If my friends lampooned me in a pic, I would take it. There is clearly no malice.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Axel
Veteran
And1: 1,133

Post#83 » by Axel » Sun Dec 2, 2012 5:47 am

I lol'd at some of the responses people made here. Nothing wrong with a little humor for Halloween - the night is all about vulgarity. Seriously, people are referencing Aurora, CO here? Just because Corporate Media likes to sensationalize something into nothing doesn't mean we need to reflect what we hear. Use your brains. Political correctness (and our Lemming mentality in general) is ruining comedy and muting everything against the grain.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of action/statement from Tyrant David Stern.
BJ43
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#84 » by BJ43 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 6:23 am

Goldtop wrote:If this pic got the Wizards in trouble, I have a hard time believing one of Duncan holding a gun to an official won't as well.

One is on a basketball court, after a player brought a real gun into a locker room and had discussed shooting a teammate even if in a joking way. The other is at a private party with toy guns, and has nothing to do with the NBA as in, it's not their business what the Spurs players do at a private party as far as getting in costumes and posing in photo's

Get over it people, this is nothing, Crawford shouldnt even be allowed to ref in the NBA
Tumakapac713
Senior
And1: 325

Post#85 » by Tumakapac713 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 8:15 am

Jesus tapdancing Christ. The pussification of some people in this thread is disgraceful.
"Own team own League! To For Self!!!"
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#86 » by GreenBloodedC » Sun Dec 2, 2012 8:47 am

Even if it wasn't photoshopped, It was a joke. They're having a good time. Can't see what's wrong. I don't think Crawford will be shaking on his boots thinking Duncan will get him. Come on now.
pross
Veteran
And1: 174

Post#87 » by pross » Sun Dec 2, 2012 10:26 am

Axel wrote:I lol'd at some of the responses people made here. Nothing wrong with a little humor for Halloween - the night is all about vulgarity. Seriously, people are referencing Aurora, CO here? Just because Corporate Media likes to sensationalize something into nothing doesn't mean we need to reflect what we hear. Use your brains. Political correctness (and our Lemming mentality in general) is ruining comedy and muting everything against the grain.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of action/statement from Tyrant David Stern.

Tumakapac713 wrote:Jesus tapdancing Christ. The pussification of some people in this thread is disgraceful.

/End thread
kron
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#88 » by kron » Sun Dec 2, 2012 10:37 am

Next time a kid points a toy gun at you, make sure you call the cops. Ok?
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#89 » by kingkirk » Sun Dec 2, 2012 11:18 am

I totally understand the sentiment that these guys are professionals, that they should know better etc etc, but at the same time, we get annoyed at our athletes for being so dull, dry and less opinionated, which has been forced on them because they are forced into living a somewhat sheltered life because of the media and the propensity to witch hunt and make something bigger than it is.

It's a catch 22, and it annoys me.
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#90 » by Goldtop » Sun Dec 2, 2012 11:23 am

The ppl in here who don't find anything wrong with this picture, I'm just going to assume are too young to understand.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,163

Post#91 » by gavran » Sun Dec 2, 2012 11:29 am

The people in here who find something wrong with this picture, I'm just going to assume are too old to understand.
Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 39

Post#92 » by Darain » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:31 pm

A lot of people got trolled on this thread

KingCuban wrote:I totally understand the sentiment that these guys are professionals, that they should know better etc etc, but at the same time, we get annoyed at our athletes for being so dull, dry and less opinionated, which has been forced on them because they are forced into living a somewhat sheltered life because of the media and the propensity to witch hunt and make something bigger than it is.

It's a catch 22, and it annoys me.

Exactly what I'm talking about, what do you people want from nba players?
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
Von Oswald
Junior
And1: 363

Post#93 » by Von Oswald » Sun Dec 2, 2012 1:07 pm

Sports in the US are ruined by the imposed political correctness. They're having fun and anyone with a brain knows they didn't have any malicious intent.
devmil
Senior
And1: 82

Post#94 » by devmil » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:20 pm

Von Oswald wrote:Sports in the US are ruined by the imposed political correctness. They're having fun and anyone with a brain knows they didn't have any malicious intent.

Wow, I just saw this on the front page of Yahoo and frankly I found nothing funny about the picture. Sure they can have fun and say they had no malicious intent, but when I saw the picture I thought it was really demeaning and disrespectful to Crawford and his family. Heck if someone took a picture pointing 'toy' guns at me or family member because they had beef with me or my family member I would be furious. If I was friends with them yes, I would be laughing and joking but seriously, they hate Crawford's guts and that is why this picture is not funny, in fact it's threatening and is sending an alarming message to the NBA community that it is alright to point guns at people you hate and laugh about it. If this picture is alright, then there should be no outcry when we exchange Crawford with politicians, religious figures&leaders, your teacher who flunked you, next door neighbor's dog...

I've lost a lot of the respect I had for the Spurs organization, Pop and their players. It might just have been a show to fool us all into thinking they were a classy organization.
SVictor
Bench Warmer
And1: 23
Location: Madrid - Karl wants JaVale McGee to be more like Tim Duncan LOL

Post#95 » by SVictor » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:28 pm

devmil wrote:
Von Oswald wrote:Sports in the US are ruined by the imposed political correctness. They're having fun and anyone with a brain knows they didn't have any malicious intent.

Wow, I just saw this on the front page of Yahoo and frankly I found nothing funny about the picture. Sure they can have fun and say they had no malicious intent, but when I saw the picture I thought it was really demeaning and disrespectful to Crawford and his family. Heck if someone took a picture pointing 'toy' guns at me or family member because they had beef with me or my family member I would be furious. If I was friends with them yes, I would be laughing and joking but seriously, they hate Crawford's guts and that is why this picture is not funny, in fact it's threatening and is sending an alarming message to the NBA community that it is alright to point guns at people you hate and laugh about it. If this picture is alright, then there should be no outcry when we exchange Crawford with politicians, religious figures&leaders, your teacher who flunked you, next door neighbor's dog...

I've lost a lot of the respect I had for the Spurs organization, Pop and their players. It might just have been a show to fool us all into thinking they were a classy organization.

:confused: :roll: :confused: :lol: :confused: :-o
knickstape1214 wrote:Just so we can see every side of this thread before I close it -

Melo sucks, Knicks sucks, LeBron sucks, Durant is humble, Durant is fake, Durant sucks, Serge Ibaka.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#96 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:47 pm

devmil wrote:

Find me a quote, or something to illustrate that point...
Not like this is Spree choking someone in a suit or something.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#97 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:55 pm

Goldtop wrote:damn, if thats real there could be legal ramifications.

lmbo
devmil
Senior

Post#98 » by devmil » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:00 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
devmil wrote:

Find me a quote, or something to illustrate that point...
Not like this is Spree choking someone in a suit or something.

LOL I'm not going to find you a quote, but in 2007, Crawford ejected Duncan for laughing and a lot of fans were saying Crawford has a personal agenda against Duncan and several other players. This picture only proves that Duncan wasn't so cool about Crawford. Why would you point guns at someone after all these years when you love or have neutral feelings for him? Is it so wild of a guess to say the people who took this picture hate him a lot? Why would someone even bother pointing guns at someone for a picture if they didn't hate him enough? After all holding a 5 year old grudge is a common thing in NBA.
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#99 » by Goldtop » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:03 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:

lmbo

I guess you're not familiar with the laws about threatening someone, lol.

This talk that it was just a joke is what is the joke here. If you prank call someone that you have a grudge against and tell them you're going to kill them, the police don't find that funny and you can get in serious trouble, even if your intention was just a joke. I personally don't see how this picture is much different.
devmil
Senior

Post#100 » by devmil » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:10 pm

Goldtop wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:

lmbo

I guess you're not familiar with the laws about threatening someone, lol.

This talk that it was just a joke is what is the joke here. If you prank call someone that you have a grudge against and tell them you're going to kill them, the police don't find that funny and you can get in serious trouble, even if your intention was just a joke. I personally don't see how this picture is much different.

This is my take as well. Imagine Crawford's family members seeing this picture. It would surprise them even more if they knew nothing about NBA and could not recognize Duncan or Parker's faces. To them it would just be a picture of two big guys (6-11, 6-2) wearing uniforms, holding a shotgun and a pistol pointed at Crawford's head. I fail to see how this picture is a joke.

Return to The General Board