2013 All Stars (thus far...)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Re: 2013 All Stars (so far...) 

Post#61 » by NekiEcko » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:07 pm

I think that Horford is a lock
Smith is almost there
and Teague needs more love
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#62 » by fart » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:35 pm

If Varejao doesn't get in, I'm not watching the ASG.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
BossAus
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#63 » by BossAus » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:41 pm

Horford yes, Smoove no, Teague would have to put up some huge numbers until the AS break to get consideration. Doesn't help that Drew refuses to play him in crunch time.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#64 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:57 pm

Stephen Curry has 4 straight 20+/10+ games right now. Don't count him out yet, he's just getting warmed up and is actually healthy for the first time since his rookie year when he led the league in 30+/10+ games. Also, the Warriors are winning, so maybe they might get recognition for once.

With that said, still too many good guards in the West.
#DubNation
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#65 » by No-Man » Thu Dec 6, 2012 5:08 pm

Bay Based wrote:Stephen Curry has 4 straight 20+/10+ games right now. Don't count him out yet, he's just getting warmed up and is actually healthy for the first time since his rookie year when he led the league in 30+/10+ games. Also, the Warriors are winning, so maybe they might get recognition for once.

He's in a very difficult spot, right now Lee would go before him and Warriors dont deserve two All Stars.

For me now it's clear, but guys like Howard, Love and Griffin would get in, so, somebody isnt going to make it...

The East is easier

Rondo-Holiday
Wade-Jennings
Anthony-Pierce-Deng
James-Horford
Bosh-Chandler-Lopez

Only changes that could happen are, Deron for Lopez, West for Jennings, Smith for Horford.

That's all.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#66 » by BubbaTee » Thu Dec 6, 2012 5:15 pm

NekiEcko wrote:I think that Horford is a lock
Smith is almost there
and Teague needs more love

Teague?

The only excuse for Teague is going by team success, and if you use that metric then Ray Felton has a better case.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#67 » by MGB8 » Thu Dec 6, 2012 8:59 pm

WEST
PG Paul
SG Kobe
SF Durant
PF Z-Bo
CC Duncan

Reserves
PG Parker
SG Mayo
SF Gay
PF D. Lee
CC Dwight
G Harden
F B. Griffin

This would be different if not trying to keep positions balanced. I don't think I have to explain Paul, Kobe, Durant or Z-Bo given their level of play this season and their team's records.

Dwight's numbers are stronger than Duncan's, but Duncan is the best player on a better team. So Dwight gets the backup spot. At backup SG, I give OJ Mayo the nod over James Harden, where Mayo's team is doing a touch worse, but Mayo is having to do even more than Harden, overall, and is playing more efficiently. I give Parker the nod over Russell Westbrook at backup PG given Parker's higher level of efficiency, fewer minutes and equivalent team records. Backup PF was a hard choice between Griffin and Lee, and I give the nod to Lee due to marginally better numbers and getting representation for what is currently a playoff team.

There isn't much competition at backup SF - Gay gets the nod because there's no non-Durant SF in the West that's clearly better than him, and he's on the best team of the guys who could be in contention.

Last two spots... I give Harden the edge over Westbrook in the runners up to the backup spots. Harden's numbers are better, albeit on a worse team. But Westbrook has support from not just Durant but also Ibaka, Kevin Martin, etc. I give Griffin the edge over guys like Kevin Love (great rebounding but not much else so far this season), Aldridge (team coming apart), Marc Gasol (position issue, would be 3rd guy from Grizz and that's too much).

EAST
PG Holliday
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Bosh
CC Noah

PG D. Williams
SG Afflalo
SF Anthony
PF Horford
FC Varejao
G Rondo
FC Monroe

The east was much harder. It would have been easier to just not keep roster position in mind, too. Jrue Holliday is the best player on a team that is currently in the playoffs that lacks a competent center and starts an undersized PF best suited for the bench. His numbers get him the nod. Wade, Lebron and Bosh's numbers and the team's record (even while more or less coasting) get them in. Anthony would get the nod over Bosh, but I'm trying to keep true positions. Noah gets the starting Center spot despite others having better (Varejao) or comparable (Chandler) numbers - the Bulls are still in the playoff hunt and Noah's the main reason why.

In reserve, Deron gets the nod for being the best player on the East leader challenging Nets. There east really lacks at SG, and I picked Afflalo over DeRozan, but they are comparable. Paul George is a SF, not a SG. Backup SF is easy with Anthony, and Horford gets the backup PF spot as the best player on a strong Hawks team. Vaerjao's numbers make him an easy choice for backup center, despite his team's poor record.

The last two spots go to Rondo, despite Boston's struggles and the (aging) talent around him. If Kyrie Irving was healthy, that may have made a difference, though. The last F (or F/C) spot goes to Monroe over Pierce, KG, Lopez, Chandler, Deng, etc.... but you could make an argument for one of any number of players. My gosh the east is a mess outside of Miami, the Nets and the Knicks.. and the latter two are so reliant on individual players.
theBlackMagic
Junior
And1: 128

Post#68 » by theBlackMagic » Thu Dec 6, 2012 9:01 pm

VAREJAO.
OKCThunderUp35
Bench Warmer
And1: 10

Post#69 » by OKCThunderUp35 » Thu Dec 6, 2012 9:02 pm

Westbrook > Cp3
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#70 » by HornetJail » Thu Dec 6, 2012 9:08 pm

Bay Based wrote:Stephen Curry has 4 straight 20+/10+ games right now. Don't count him out yet, he's just getting warmed up and is actually healthy for the first time since his rookie year when he led the league in 30+/10+ games. Also, the Warriors are winning, so maybe they might get recognition for once.

Healthy, he's top 12 without any question whatsoever and he has potential to be so much more. Unfortunately, he's already got a long history of ankle problems. If it weren't for the ridiculous depth at the guard position in the West, Curry would be heavily considered for the All-Star game.

If he was in the east, he'd make it as long as he's healthy. With Irving/Joe Johnson/Rose/Wall/Rubio/Wade injured/sucking, the only surefire All-Star guards are Deron Williams, Rondo, and Wade (regardless), the likes of Kyle Lowry, Brandon Jennings, and Jrue Holiday are likely competing for All-Star berths. Curry is better than all of them.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#71 » by TB » Thu Dec 6, 2012 9:26 pm

It won't be easy for Curry to get in, but i'd have to think he is slightly ahead of Harden and Mayo at the moment.

Harden getting in over Curry would basically be the exact opposite of what was seemingly the reason Monta never got in as a Warrior.

Mayo has been outstanding, but so has Curry so it probably comes down to which team is in a playoff position when the time comes.

Basically, these 3 are going to continue to produce and be key factors for their team. But Curry gets the nod at this point because its translating to wins at a higher clip than the others.
Roseability
Junior
And1: 102

Post#72 » by Roseability » Thu Dec 6, 2012 9:31 pm

Anderson is outplaying every big in the west except Tim Duncan and Zach Randolph. He is second in PF PER in the NBA, if you don't count guys who've played six or fewer games or less than twenty minutes per game. He is averaging 3.4 3's per game (on pace to break the most 3PM in a season) on 43.5% 3 point shooting and averages of 18.3 PPG and 8.0 Reb. Definitely, deserves a spot over Aldridge, Love, or Lee. Of course, Love will probably get the spot w/ averages of about 19 and 14, but an abyssmal FG percentage and PER.
ItsSensei
Senior
And1: 22

Post#73 » by ItsSensei » Thu Dec 6, 2012 11:18 pm

Howard's going to get in by default by honestly he hasn't been playing well =P. Same with Wade.

I hope Duncan and Varejao make it to the starting team.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#74 » by Ming Kong! » Fri Dec 7, 2012 2:08 am

Varejao is playing great, but MOST of the time players on bad/struggling teams don't get in. Varejao is playing so good though, he might get in by way of the coaches. Duncan will get in one way or another.
rocopc
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#75 » by rocopc » Fri Dec 7, 2012 3:16 am

Bskey wrote:
rocopc wrote:Realistic All Star (not the best but what I think its gonna be...)

WEST
Paul
Kobe
Griffin
Durant
Howard

Lin
Harden
Westbrooks
Duncan
Randolph
Love
M. Gasol

EAST
Rondo
Wade
LeBron
Carmelo
KG

Deron
Holiday
Deng
Pierce
Bosh
Chandler
Varejao/Lopez/Horford

Fans only vote for starters, Lin won't make it if the fans don't vote him in. I doubt he does.

You sure... I think fans vote startes and 5 more plyers with their votes and coaches can pick 11 and 12 .... Im not sure...
"No dejes que tus pensamientos escapen de tu control"
rocopc
Pro Prospect

Post#76 » by rocopc » Fri Dec 7, 2012 3:18 am

TheDon008 wrote:

WEST
Paul
Kobe
Griffin
Durant
Howard

Lin
Harden
Westbrooks
Duncan
Randolph
Love
M. Gasol

EAST
Rondo
Wade
LeBron
Carmelo
KG
Deron
Holiday
Deng
Pierce
Bosh
Chandler
Varejao/Lopez/Horford

Bosh, Horford, Varajao, and Lopez have all out performed KG this year. Its not 2008 anymore.

Kill that noise.

All Stars its a popularity contest.... so you kill that noise boy.. KG have his chance he is still a main atraction
smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,723

Post#77 » by smith2373 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 3:19 am

rocopc wrote:
Bskey wrote:

WEST
Paul
Kobe
Griffin
Durant
Howard

Lin
Harden
Westbrooks
Duncan
Randolph
Love
M. Gasol

EAST
Rondo
Wade
LeBron
Carmelo
KG

Deron
Holiday
Deng
Pierce
Bosh
Chandler
Varejao/Lopez/Horford

Fans only vote for starters, Lin won't make it if the fans don't vote him in. I doubt he does.

You sure... I think fans vote startes and 5 more plyers with their votes and coaches can pick 11 and 12 .... Im not sure...

No, fans only vote for starters. Coaches vote for reserves and if a reserve gets injured then Stern picks his replacement.
rocopc
Pro Prospect

Post#78 » by rocopc » Fri Dec 7, 2012 3:25 am

smith2373 wrote:
No, fans only vote for starters. Coaches vote for reserves and if a reserve gets injured then Stern picks his replacement.

You sure... Ok then, if thats the case, yeah im think Lin have no chace, even if the ASG is playing in Houston
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#79 » by kdawg32086 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 3:44 am

My predictions for starters, based on my expectations of how fans will vote.

West Starters:
PG- Paul
SG- Bryant
SF- Durant
PF- Griffin
C- Howard

East Starters:
PG- Williams or Rondo
SG- Wade
SF- James
PF- Melo
C- Bosh or Garnett