yardbarker

2013 All Stars (thus far...)

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban

Post#196 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 am by Manny Phresh

Fischella wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:These are the guys who I feel deserve it (though I think you could prob replace wade in the east he's been really inconsistent)

Paul
Kobe
Durant
Zbo
Duncan

Rondo
Wade (though I think Irving had he been healthy would have been a better choice because he was putting up great numbers when he did play)
LeBron
Melo
Bosh

Irving's team is one of the 3 worst in the league.

No way he deserves a presence in the All Star.

This ain't the MVP award. It's AN ALL-STAR GAME. Quite frankly he's putting up good numbers and he's the star of the team. He's not going to start but If he doesn't find himself on the bench of that game the ASG will be labeled as a joke.
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 4

Post#197 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 pm by daschysta

Manny Phresh wrote:
Fischella wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:These are the guys who I feel deserve it (though I think you could prob replace wade in the east he's been really inconsistent)

Paul
Kobe
Durant
Zbo
Duncan

Rondo
Wade (though I think Irving had he been healthy would have been a better choice because he was putting up great numbers when he did play)
LeBron
Melo
Bosh

This ain't the MVP award. It's AN ALL-STAR GAME. Quite frankly he's putting up good numbers and he's the star of the team. He's not going to start but If he doesn't find himself on the bench of that game the ASG will be labeled as a joke.

The ASG will be labeled a joke if a player from not only one of the worst teams in the NBA, but who has missed a ton of games, makes the all-star game over deserving players from better teams. Coaches reward success unless the guy from the bad team in question is just INSANE. To be fair, kyrie is pretty insane, but not enough so to overcome 5-18, especially when you consider how many games he's missed.
daschysta
Analyst
And1: 264

Post#198 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm by TB

If the game was tomorrow, Lee has got to be a lock, right?

Out of all bigs in the West he is 2nd in scoring, 4th in rebounds, and 2nd in assists. His defense has actually been a net positive for the first time in his career, and the Warriors are 5th in the standings.
TB
Head Coach
And1: 14

Post#199 Re: 2013 All Stars (so far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 pm by Human Being

manou wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Steph Curry deserve it (today) way more than Tony Parker.
Way more, your sure ? You'll have to explain that.

Parker is a leader of the current best team in the league, was a top5 mvp candidate last year, will be again a mvp candidate (duncan too if he continues, but I expect Pop to limit Duncan to 27-28 mpg soon).
To say that when Parker just had a triple double (27-12-12)...

Parker is a proven winner, is averaging per36 21pts-3rbds-8asts, and is a better defender than Curry who is at 19pts-3rbds-6asts per36. Parker is the only PG in the league shooting more than 50% (0.513% right now).

I don't see it. Maybe some of you do.

I love that there is so much debate of Parker vs Curry and Curry being mostly left out, while Paul is an absolute lock to everybody when in fact his and Curry's numbers are almost the same and their teams are seperated by 1 win :D ... and you wonder how Kobe is still getting his all NBA defensive teams :D
koko wrote:
YFZblu wrote:
koko wrote:I want to F Navarro. Do him some nasty things.

:o

Watchin him play makes me horny. Deal with it, i did.
Human Being
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#200 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 pm by Human Being

Manny Phresh wrote:
Fischella wrote:

Paul
Kobe
Durant
Zbo
Duncan

Rondo
LeBron
Melo
Bosh

Why is it so different from and MVP award - every year there has been "does Detroit deserve all 5 starters on the All-Star team, does Boston deserve all 4; Spurs have the best record in the game - they should have more than 2 representative etc. X guy plays on the worst team in the league he should not be on the team, etc."

I think it is time to man up, be objective and consistent and say that Kobe does not deserve to be on All-star game :D All-star game should be called a joke if you had more than 1 Laker if their record keeps up :D
koko wrote:
YFZblu wrote:
koko wrote:I want to F Navarro. Do him some nasty things.

:o

Watchin him play makes me horny. Deal with it, i did.
Human Being
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#201 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 pm by Diggity Dave

If 4Chan has their way, this is what we'll get. For the record, I'd laugh my ass off:

Source: http://www.dailydot.com/news/4chan-nba- ... am-voting/

PToastMan wrote:"I really hope the Knicks weren't selling secrets to the Nazi's, if so, **** the Knicks"
Diggity Dave
Veteran
And1: 151
Location: Grasping Two Handfuls of Confetti, Waiting For Lebron To Sign In Miami

Post#202 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm by ardee

Diggity Dave wrote:If 4Chan has their way, this is what we'll get. For the record, I'd laugh my ass off:

Source: http://www.dailydot.com/news/4chan-nba- ... am-voting/

End well, this will not.
SSOL

G: Steve Nash(2005-07)
G: Joe Dumars(1989-91)
F: Glen Rice(1996-98)
F: Dirk Nowitzki(2009-11)
C: Robert Parish(1981-83)

Bench

G: Tony Parker(2012-14)
G: Raja Bell(2006-08)
F: Paul Pressey(1985-87)
F: Terry Cummings(1984-86)
C: Alvan Adams(1980-82)
ardee

Lead Assistant
And1: 832

Post#203 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 pm by Manny Phresh

daschysta wrote: The ASG will be labeled a joke if a player from not only one of the worst teams in the NBA, but who has missed a ton of games, makes the all-star game over deserving players from better teams. Coaches reward success unless the guy from the bad team in question is just INSANE. To be fair, kyrie is pretty insane, but not enough so to overcome 5-18, especially when you consider how many games he's missed.

So what you are saying is that you would rather watch Joakim Noah in the All-Star Game versus a budding star in Kyrie Irving?

No wonder I rarely come to these boards... Especially the General :roll:

BTW. He only missed 11 games, just out for 3 weeks. You make it out like he missed 20 or 30 games. We still have a lil ways to go til the All-Star Game sheeeeeshh.

Deron Williams was on the abomination of a team last season and made it the ASG so I don't wanna hear ish about how poor the record is.

Just people trying to downplay Cleveland smh.

Human Being wrote: Why is it so different from and MVP award - every year there has been "does Detroit deserve all 5 starters on the All-Star team, does Boston deserve all 4; Spurs have the best record in the game - they should have more than 2 representative etc. X guy plays on the worst team in the league he should not be on the team, etc."

I think it is time to man up, be objective and consistent and say that Kobe does not deserve to be on All-star game :D All-star game should be called a joke if you had more than 1 Laker if their record keeps up :D

It depends on how the season plays out each year. This season with Derrick Rose being out, Igoudala moving the Western conference, and Roy Hibbert underachieving has opened up spots for other players. Everybody wants Varejao in the ASG and as a Cavs fan, I rather Kyrie be in there. I'm not tuning in to the ASG to watch Varejao flop. I can do that any of the other 82 games he plays. Kyrie is putting up good numbers and he is a star in the making. Because of that, he'll find himself on the bench. Guaranteed.
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 4

Post#204 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:18 pm by Vindicater

AK47 has to be on the West team surely.
"We got here faster than expected," Harris said at The Finals. "We thought we'd get here, but not right away."
Vindicater
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#205 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 pm by carmelo115

Wasn't it just a few years ago, where we almost got Yi Jianlian into the All-star game?
carmelo115
Rookie
And1: 96

Post#206 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm by sir G Wallace

LMA has been playing really well lately after starting out playing like bargnani earlier in the year. I think he has a chance to be recognized again as a legit All Star
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 68

Post#207 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:45 am by og15

Vindicater wrote:AK47 has to be on the West team surely.

Too many good forwards, do you think the coaches are going to vote in two Wolves forwards into the ASG?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,108

Post#208 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:54 am by 9abovetherim

If D Lee does not make the all star game then there is no justice in the NBA world.

#GSWStats ‏@gswstats
2 players in the NBA have 10 games this season w/ 20+ points & 10+ rebounds or assists: David Lee & LeBron James.

Dubs finish the 7-game trip 6-1, the first time in franchise history

Lee road trip averages: 23.6 pts and 13.3 rebs while shooting .595 from the field with 20pt/10reb efforts in each game
9abovetherim
Lead Assistant
And1: 67

Post#209 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:04 am by UnderdogKnicks

9abovetherim wrote:If D Lee does not make the all star game then there is no justice in the NBA world.

#GSWStats ‏@gswstats
2 players in the NBA have 10 games this season w/ 20+ points & 10+ rebounds or assists: David Lee & LeBron James.

Dubs finish the 7-game trip 6-1, the first time in franchise history

Lee road trip averages: 23.6 pts and 13.3 rebs while shooting .595 from the field with 20pt/10reb efforts in each game

Lee should replace Love, Love just isn't good this season and his team has been just as good without him.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 38

Post#210 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 am by TheToothFairy

East
Pg-Rondo/Holiday
SG-Wade/George
f-Lebron/Pierce
f-Melo/Bosh
C-Chandler/Noah

Reserves
Smith
Deron
Varejo
KG
Horford
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 292

Post#211 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:50 pm by miamiballer

Rondo Williams holiday
Wade
Lebron pierce
Melo smith
Bosh Garnett horford chandler

Tough call between Felton and holiday can go eithe way
miamiballer
Head Coach
And1: 5

Post#212 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:43 pm by MMyhre

Lin is an All Star, and Jose Calderon is the MVP!
MMyhre

Pro Prospect
And1: 121

Post#213 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:03 pm by RTM

Assuming the fan vote for the starters sticks, I think the teams should be:

EAST:

Rondo / Holiday / Irving (over Deron)
Wade
LeBron / Pierce
Anthony / Smith / Horford (over Garnett)
Bosh / Chandler / Noah (over Varejao)

---

WEST:

Paul / Westbrook / Parker (over Curry and Lillard)
Kobe / Harden
Durant
Griffin / Randolph / Aldridge (over Love)
Howard / Duncan / Lee

If I put in in parenthesis, it's a close call.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 134

Post#214 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 pm by boogie-reke

ffs, how the hell are you people picking Paul Pierce in there ahead of Luol Deng? I'd say ok if there's a few Boston homers, but 99% of the people here do the same.

What game are you watching? Or is that the issue, that you're not actually watching?

SMH. I hope atleast the coaches do the right thing, although i'm not holding my breath tbh.
“Its my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it around”
-DeMarcus Cousins

“Rookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
boogie-reke

Head Coach
And1: 186

Post#215 Re: 2013 All Stars (thus far...)
Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:11 pm by Vindicater

Where is AK47?

Why is he not on everybodys roster.

Dude has been the man on a Minnesota team that is currently 12-9 with their two best players either missing (Rubio) or playing hurt (Love)
"We got here faster than expected," Harris said at The Finals. "We thought we'd get here, but not right away."
Vindicater
Head Coach
And1: 114

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board