Race to the MVP pt. II

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Re: Race to the MVP pt. II 

Post#421 » by Tien » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:54 pm

Yup, as if eating 1 massive crow in June this year wasn't enough, LeBron will have to repeat to make people swallow a 2nd large crow.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#422 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:55 pm

smha201 wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:Every time I read this thread, I always see TheGarden arguing Melo is better than Durant.

Dude, you are literally alone on this one, I'm pretty sure most Knicks fans don't even agree with you that Melo is better than Durant. Durant and Lebron are the clear cut #1 and #2 players in the league. Quit wasting your time trying to change everyone's mind because you aren't doing anything.

I'll toss my hat into the ring, too. Melo is better than Durant. In some ways he is better than LeBron, too - as a pure scorer and in terms of killer instinct and clutch ability. Don't give a f*** if that bothers you or anyone else.

I'll toss my hat in the ring too. Melo is better than Durant. That's the problem with realgm sometimes, people think their opinion is a fact. It isn't a fact that Durant is better than Melo, just a opinion.
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#423 » by OptimusOne6 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 pm

I could see Lebron exploding later this season when his team needs him to.

Lebron is probably at his peak this season when it comes to abilities, it's just a matter of how much and how well he uses it. He hasn't been too consistent or enthusiastic this season but when he stops coasting I could see him exploding and being back at #1 in the MVP votings again.

1. Durant
2. Melo
3. Lebron

is the top 3 for now, at the end I think it'll be Durant, Lebron, and Melo in that order though with Durant winning his first.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager

Post#424 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:01 am

NBA.com MVP Race
http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6a

Melo is on top, when will people learn that no one cares about TS% and PER besides people on realgm. Watch the game with your eyes and not your calculator

1. Melo
2. Durant
3. Bron
4. Chris Paul
5. Z-Bo
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#425 » by Hero » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:03 am

TS% seems to be the new in thing on realgm. Too bad nobody else cares about it.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#426 » by kingkirk » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:03 am

Tien wrote:Yup, as if eating 1 massive crow in June this year wasn't enough, LeBron will have to repeat to make people swallow a 2nd large crow.

What crow?

People are not hating on Lebron or are dismissing him from the conversation at this point.

It's clear that Lebron is not having his usual dominant NBA season.

He, along with his team, who have taken the foot off the pedal to date, which is mirrored in their defensive rating, are in cruise control at the minute.

Maybe that's a ploy by Lebron and the team to be better placed for a run into the playoffs, but in doing so, he isn't putting his god like numbers.

No one is hating on Lebron, but in comparison to his previous MVP seasons, this one to date isn't as good, and the competition is greater with Durant and Melo having career years, as well as their teams having better records.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#427 » by LikeABosh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
I'll toss my hat in the ring too. Melo is better than Durant. That's the problem with realgm sometimes, people think their opinion is a fact. It isn't a fact that Durant is better than Melo, just a opinion.

Oh, so what we say is our opinions and not an absolute truth. Thanks for clearing that up because I'm sure we were all confused about that.

Of course we can't prove that durant is better than melo to a 100% certainty, but you seem to be against users providing any reasoning behind their choice for mvp. Some users have more to say than "just watch the game, watch the game and you can just tell melo is better."

TheKingOfVa360 wrote: Watch the game with your eyes and not your calculator

Which one is more likely to make a mistake?

A balance of both doesn't hurt
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager

Post#428 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 am

LikeABosh wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

Oh, so what we say is our opinions and not an absolute truth. Thanks for clearing that up because I'm sure we were all confused about that.

Of course we can't prove that durant is better than melo to a 100% certainty, but you seem to be against users providing any reasoning behind their choice for mvp. Some users have more to say than "just watch the game, watch the game and you can just tell melo is better."

TheKingOfVa360 wrote: Watch the game with your eyes and not your calculator

Which one is more likely to make a mistake?

A balance of both doesn't hurt

I just said Melo is better to me right now. I have no problem if people think Durant is better. Last season I felt Durant was better than Melo. No need for the smart comment, I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone.

You're right, a good balance is always healthy when comparing two players. Last season imo Durant was better, this season Melo is better so far. I don't see a problem at all with my view point. Both are two of my favorite players in the NBA and from my area, so I try to watch all their games on league pass. We are seeing a great era of SF's in the NBA.
kamelion4291
Banned User
And1: 58

Post#429 » by kamelion4291 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:25 am

Not sure how you can watch this season and think Melo is better, but more power to you.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#430 » by Hero » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 am

LeBron only 31 mins in the blowout. If Brooks was coaching he`d play 40+ to be safe.
Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 39

Post#431 » by Darain » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:01 am

I still think Carmelo is #1 MVP candidate right now

They team only by 1 (!) by the second worst team in the easy record-wise
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
28reloaded
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#432 » by 28reloaded » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:17 am

There is not 1 single team or individual metric that says Carmelo>Durant as a player or as an MVP candidate.
28reloaded
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#433 » by 28reloaded » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:17 am

Darain wrote:I still think Carmelo is #1 MVP candidate right now

They team only by 1 (!) by the second worst team in the easy record-wise

The same team also blew out the Miami Heat in Miami last week
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,777

Post#434 » by QPR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:35 am

People putting Melo above Durant - is that just how they think voting will go, or what the correct order should be?

If it's the latter, someone is going to have to explain to me exactly how Melo is ahead of Durant right now. In genuine basic terms like I'm a 'tard. Because I just can't see it.
kamelion4291
Banned User
And1: 58

Post#435 » by kamelion4291 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 am

QPR wrote:People putting Melo above Durant - is that just how they think voting will go, or what the correct order should be?

If it's the latter, someone is going to have to explain to me exactly how Melo is ahead of Durant right now. In genuine basic terms like I'm a 'tard. Because I just can't see it.

You'll only get "Watch the games and you'll see why" or "he draws so much attention so his team plays better" as your responses. It's the kind of cliches that people will throw out when they can't explain something with logic or reason.
theokie
Assistant Coach
And1: 617

Post#436 » by theokie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 am

QPR wrote:People putting Melo above Durant - is that just how they think voting will go, or what the correct order should be?

I put Melo before Durant because thats how i think the voting would go. Durant is a much better player in my opinion though.

Don't think an MVP has ever been decided before Christmas though, we've got a long ways to go
spearsy23 wrote: Kevin Durant could save a dozen orphans from a fire and realgm would point out that Lebron would have just put the fire out.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,777

Post#437 » by QPR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:29 am

theokie wrote:I put Melo before Durant because thats how i think the voting would go.

This is fair enough, and I can see it. New York is the big market team that is finally looking like it has got its **** together. Melo is at the front of that. It's a good and popular story. Durant on the other hand has been playing at a superstar level for 3-4 seasons now, and OKC had their break out last season. It's nothing new.

But in terms of their actual individual seasons to date? I can't see how it can even be that close. Durant is better in nearly every category, and his team is better.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#438 » by DowNY » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 am

Melo, when focused like he is this season, can be the MVP of the NBA.
He's unstoppable when motivated and trusts his teammates. I think his time this past summer in the Olympics put him over the hump. Really put things into perspective for him.
Don't see him stopping neither.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#439 » by kingkirk » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:22 am

DowNY wrote:Melo, when focused like he is this season, can be the MVP of the NBA.
He's unstoppable when motivated and trusts his teammates. I think his time this past summer in the Olympics put him over the hump. Really put things into perspective for him.

Amare still has to return.

Who knows what impact this will have on the Knicks.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#440 » by Tron Carter » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:55 am

KingCuban wrote:
DowNY wrote:Melo, when focused like he is this season, can be the MVP of the NBA.

Amare still has to return.

Who knows what impact this will have on the Knicks.

They played well under Woodson together. This is such a mute point.
R.I.P Black Mamba

Return to The General Board