Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Can Lakers make to the playoffs in wild wild west?

Yes, Kobe + Dwight + Gasol + Nash are you kidding me?
24%
No, this team struggles so hard, it's hard for them to make to the playoffs this season
47%
Not sure, I have to wait and see, Steve isn't in the lineup yet.
14%
Don't care
15%

Total votes: 325

MrHidden
Suspended
And1: 14

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#221 » by MrHidden » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:17 pm

Dan Z wrote:Cleveland must be rooting for the Lakers to miss the playoffs. That means a higher pick for them.

actually that means higher pick for suns :wink:
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,739

Post#222 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:31 pm

Apathy wrote:LAL's season is officially over with this injury news.

This.

They just have way too much ground to catch up against the teams that are ahead of them right now.
DLaren
Pro Prospect
And1: 748

Post#223 » by DLaren » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:46 am

I'm not sure why people are convinced that Portland, Utah, & Minnesota can hold their 3-game leads over the Lakers for the next 45+ games.

The Lakers will be in the playoffs; I'm predicting they'll grab the 6th spot, and if healthy they'll beat the Clippers in RD1, beat Golden State in RD2, beat the Spurs in RD3, then lose to the Heat in the Finals.
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Lebron 4.Magic 5.Bird 6.Russell 7.Duncan 8.Wilt 9.Kobe 10.Shaq
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#224 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:12 am

DLaren wrote:I'm not sure why people are convinced that Portland, Utah, & Minnesota can hold their 3-game leads over the Lakers for the next 45+ games.

The Lakers will be in the playoffs; I'm predicting they'll grab the 6th spot, and if healthy they'll beat the Clippers in RD1, beat Golden State in RD2, beat the Spurs in RD3, then lose to the Heat in the Finals.

What makes you think the Lakers can gain ground on those teams?
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#225 » by TwentyOne920 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:18 am

DLaren wrote:I'm not sure why people are convinced that Portland, Utah, & Minnesota can hold their 3-game leads over the Lakers for the next 45+ games.

You are aware that Mike D'Antoni has never beaten Gregg Popovich in the postseason, right?
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#226 » by Ming Kong! » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:20 am

DirtyDez wrote:

Exactly
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#227 » by ATTL » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:29 am

DirtyDez wrote:

Because the Lakers have displayed great cohesiveness, excellent defense, and don't play their older players heavy minutes. Plus they don't really have any injury concerns.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#228 » by Young_Star11 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:30 am

Fighting for 8th place.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#229 » by ferk » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:35 am

If they find a time machine they can
LGND2552
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#230 » by LGND2552 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:46 am

Hope it's like 2003 where they started 15-20...
Kerosene
Starter
And1: 67

Post#231 » by Kerosene » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:21 am

no
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#232 » by theFRANCHISE » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:26 am

based on talent alone they SHOULD make the playoffs. But this season just seems like a disaster for them.
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
DLaren
Pro Prospect

Post#233 » by DLaren » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:52 am

DirtyDez wrote:

These guys are better at playing basketball than those other guys are.
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Lebron 4.Magic 5.Bird 6.Russell 7.Duncan 8.Wilt 9.Kobe 10.Shaq
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant

Post#234 » by TwentyOne920 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:56 am

LGND2552 wrote:Hope it's like 2003 where they started 15-20...

Of course, 2003 ended with this:

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
DLaren
Pro Prospect

Post#235 » by DLaren » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:58 am

TwentyOne920 wrote:

You are aware that Mike D'Antoni has never beaten Gregg Popovich in the postseason, right?

Kobe has beaten the Spurs 4 of the last 5 times he has faced them in the playoffs.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#236 » by INKtastic » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:01 am

I found this on the labrum tear

Question: What are the treatment options?
Dr. Eakin: Your labrum won't heal completely on its own and when it repairs itself, it doesn't always heal evenly. This leaves it more susceptible to future damage. Imagine the golf ball in the tee, again; if the golf tee is uneven, it's far easier for the golf ball to roll off.

Labral tears do not always need to be repaired. If someone does not want to return to their sport and doesn't mind difficulty with other overhead activities, it is possible to modify activity and leave it alone.

If you want to return to your sport or resume normal activity, surgery is the only way to repair a torn labrum. Luckily, the procedure is now done orthoscopically so the incisions are very tiny. If the labral tear is small and does not destabilize the joint, the surgeons will just "clean it up" and make it less irritating and more comfortable for the patient. In cases where the labrum is pulled off the rim, it must be re-anchored, which is a more major surgery.

Question: What is the recovery like?
Dr. Eakin: After having either of the procedures, the patient is in a sling for about four weeks, then needs physical therapy. For the more minor procedure, you'll need roughly two months of therapy, but for the full repair therapy takes about four months.

http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/Sports/tornlabrum.html
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by TwentyOne920 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:02 am

DLaren wrote:
TwentyOne920 wrote:

Kobe has beaten the Spurs 4 of the last 5 times he has faced them in the playoffs.

All with Phil Jackson, however.

Banned User
And1: 536

Post#238 » by 420 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:18 am

Over the last 5 seasons, the average wins of the 8th seed in the West was 48 wins. (per NBATV)

With Howard out indefinitely, the Lakers must go 33-16 (.673) to reach 48 wins.

I don't know how many games the Lakers have remaining against those teams, but any losses to those teams would really hurt LALs playoff chances. Lakers will have their work cut out.

I would've never thought it, but I think the Lakers' season is virtually over. And we haven't even reached the All Star break.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#239 » by EscapoTHB » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:53 am

Its crazy but this week could be their season

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,380

Post#240 » by Jimmy Recard » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:25 am

Depends on how serious Dwights injury is. There's still a lot of basketball to be played.

Return to The General Board