Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, Doctor MJ, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin

Can Lakers make to the playoffs in wild wild west?

Yes, Kobe + Dwight + Gasol + Nash are you kidding me?
77
24%
No, this team struggles so hard, it's hard for them to make to the playoffs this season
154
47%
Not sure, I have to wait and see, Steve isn't in the lineup yet.
44
14%
Don't care
50
15%
 
Total votes: 325

LEHGOCELTICS
Banned User
Posts: 332
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 05, 2012
Location: insideyourhead

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#256 » by LEHGOCELTICS » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:55 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
ricochet wrote:
DLaren wrote:I'm not sure why people are convinced that Portland, Utah, & Minnesota can hold their 3-game leads over the Lakers for the next 45+ games.

The Lakers will be in the playoffs; I'm predicting they'll grab the 6th spot, and if healthy they'll beat the Clippers in RD1, beat Golden State in RD2, beat the Spurs in RD3, then lose to the Heat in the Finals.


:rofl:

Good God, this is sig worthy.
If they were ever to meet the Clippers in the playoffs, they would be humiliated to no end. It would probably be a sweep.


No your f.... reaction is sig worthy.... Doesnt matter what happens, the LA are favourites to win A 7 GAME SERIES vs the Clippers (if healthy)....


Image
User avatar
Froob
General Manager
Posts: 9,187
And1: 2,744
Joined: Nov 04, 2010
Location: Orono
         

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#257 » by Froob » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm starting to think they won't, but things can change so quickly. Celtics were toast like a week ago and now they've beaten 3 good east teams in a row. Obviously, it will be a lot harder for the lakers to do that in the west but, they do have a lot of talented players.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
DLaren
Junior
Posts: 461
And1: 227
Joined: Apr 15, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
   

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#258 » by DLaren » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:09 pm

ricochet wrote:
DLaren wrote:I'm not sure why people are convinced that Portland, Utah, & Minnesota can hold their 3-game leads over the Lakers for the next 45+ games.

The Lakers will be in the playoffs; I'm predicting they'll grab the 6th spot, and if healthy they'll beat the Clippers in RD1, beat Golden State in RD2, beat the Spurs in RD3, then lose to the Heat in the Finals.


:rofl:

Good God, this is sig worthy.
If they were ever to meet the Clippers in the playoffs, they would be humiliated to no end. It would probably be a sweep.



If the Clippers & the Lakers meet in the first-round that would potentially be 7-home games for the Lakers.

I'd actually be pulling for the Clippers (hard) in that series, but I don't think they would be able to handle the full-weight of Southern California booing them in their own building for 7-games; psychological advantage, Lakers.
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Magic 4.Bird 5.Wilt 6.Russel 7.Duncan 8.Kobe 9.Shaq 10.Dr.J
BaunceyChillups
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,476
And1: 161
Joined: Jan 30, 2009

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#259 » by BaunceyChillups » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:10 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:Portland is 3.5 games away, and I think that LA will catch them up ( if Dwight is not missing more than 3-5 games) and Utah and Minnesota had no shot to make it to the playoffs!


Dwight's gone at least a month and the Lakers could plausibly be 16-23 by January 20th

their schedule this month is brutal
User avatar
Darain
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,294
And1: 34
Joined: Dec 09, 2010
Location: Florida

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#260 » by Darain » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:16 pm

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:I think everyone needs to calm down and think of the consequences behind using someone's quote as a signature before anything else gets cursed again.

:lol: :lol:

Went from one of the ridiculed to one of the most feared poster on here :lol:
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
User avatar
KING CB4
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,466
And1: 30
Joined: Jun 02, 2011
Location: Naples, Florida

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#261 » by KING CB4 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:35 pm

Choker wrote:Only if they trade for Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon.

So what the hell are ya'll waiting for?



Is it necessary for Raptors fans to make reference about their team in every thread?
Image
User avatar
Swag
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,908
And1: 3,693
Joined: Mar 28, 2010
     

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#262 » by Swag » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:43 pm

KING CB4 wrote:
Choker wrote:Only if they trade for Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon.

So what the hell are ya'll waiting for?



Is it necessary for Raptors fans to make reference about their team in every thread?


No but at some point the Lakers management need to stop being arrogant and make a trade.

Better yet, dont make a trade and miss the playoffs and become the laughing stock of the NBA
User avatar
Hero
RealGM
Posts: 19,204
And1: 16,049
Joined: Apr 05, 2012

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#263 » by Hero » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:45 pm

Froob wrote:I'm starting to think they won't, but things can change so quickly. Celtics were toast like a week ago and now they've beaten 3 good east teams in a row. Obviously, it will be a lot harder for the lakers to do that in the west but, they do have a lot of talented players.


The celtics were 8th or 9th and very close to being in the playoffs. The east is way weaker than the West as well. LA's upcoming schedule is no joke.
bena2005 wrote:I see Bargnani stepping his game up at an all-star status. He's probably going to become the main focus on the team once bosh leave and will show what he's capable of,
Leto
RealGM
Posts: 13,401
And1: 358
Joined: Jun 11, 2008

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#264 » by Leto » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:09 pm

I don't think they'll make it this year. They just look old--like they can't get up and down the floor. I'm not sure that's a correctable condition. Maybe its just bad defensive communication?
User avatar
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,209
And1: 28
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
       

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#265 » by Jaykoolzboy » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:24 pm

Another L in Houston. SAS next
"Yea wtf HAHA, I would take Rubio over Westbrook 10 times out of 10"

By cube
User avatar
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 45,043
And1: 1,999
Joined: Jun 27, 2005

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#266 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:26 pm

Nope.

The Lakers cannot make to the Playoffs this year.
User avatar
NickAnderson
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 712
Joined: Jul 11, 2009
Location: Club Space
     

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#267 » by NickAnderson » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:26 pm

I don't even think they'll win 40 games.
Technooo....
User avatar
Nate505
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,772
And1: 268
Joined: Oct 28, 2001
Location: Denver, CO
         

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#268 » by Nate505 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:27 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:Portland is 3.5 games away, and I think that LA will catch them up ( if Dwight is not missing more than 3-5 games) and Utah and Minnesota had no shot to make it to the playoffs!


After this 3 game road trip the Jazz have 15 of their next 20 at home. Games can be made up by then, and frankly, I'm not convinced the Lakers have more talent than the Jazz do this year.
Utah Jazz - 13/14 Tank Commanders

#Riggin4Wiggins #Scandal4Randle #PlayinSorry4Jabari #LossHoardin4Gordon #PlayinDumb4Exum #AvoidTakingTheLead4Embiid #OffToABadStart4Smart
User avatar
pross
Veteran
Posts: 2,754
And1: 171
Joined: Apr 29, 2009

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#269 » by pross » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:28 pm

Spurs on the back to back (maybe without Nash after touching a ref) and then OKC. Uh oh
Image
nuposse04
Head Coach
Posts: 7,448
And1: 1,357
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: on a rock
   

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#270 » by nuposse04 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:30 pm

Well...barring a miraculous chemistry manifestation, the short answer is: No. The long answer is: **** No.
kombayn
Analyst
Posts: 3,286
And1: 68
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
       

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#271 » by kombayn » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:37 pm

The Lakers will not make the playoffs. They really have to seriously look at the All-Star break and realize, is it time to blow it up and tank this season? I mean, WTF? At this point, I'm lost about this team.
User avatar
Joao Saraiva
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,974
And1: 1,317
Joined: Feb 09, 2011

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#272 » by Joao Saraiva » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:39 pm

I voted yes but I'm really starting to doubt myself. LAL just can't win any game... it's loss after loss. And I like it.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
User avatar
pross
Veteran
Posts: 2,754
And1: 171
Joined: Apr 29, 2009

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#273 » by pross » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:40 pm

kombayn wrote:The Lakers will not make the playoffs. They really have to seriously look at the All-Star break and realize, is it time to blow it up and tank this season? I mean, WTF? At this point, I'm lost about this team.


Why tank. They have no picks anyway
Image
kombayn
Analyst
Posts: 3,286
And1: 68
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
       

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#274 » by kombayn » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:45 pm

pross wrote:
kombayn wrote:The Lakers will not make the playoffs. They really have to seriously look at the All-Star break and realize, is it time to blow it up and tank this season? I mean, WTF? At this point, I'm lost about this team.


Why tank. They have no picks anyway


Lakers pick to Cavs is lottery protected.
Edumacated
Junior
Posts: 416
And1: 133
Joined: Dec 11, 2011

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#275 » by Edumacated » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:48 pm

^^Doesn't the pick go to Phoenix if it is in the lottery?

Return to The General Board