yardbarker

Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban

Can Lakers make to the playoffs in wild wild west?

Yes, Kobe + Dwight + Gasol + Nash are you kidding me?
24%
No, this team struggles so hard, it's hard for them to make to the playoffs this season
47%
Not sure, I have to wait and see, Steve isn't in the lineup yet.
14%
Don't care
15%

Total votes : 325

Post#256 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:55 pm by LEHGOCELTICS

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
ricochet wrote:
DLaren wrote:I'm not sure why people are convinced that Portland, Utah, & Minnesota can hold their 3-game leads over the Lakers for the next 45+ games.

The Lakers will be in the playoffs; I'm predicting they'll grab the 6th spot, and if healthy they'll beat the Clippers in RD1, beat Golden State in RD2, beat the Spurs in RD3, then lose to the Heat in the Finals.

:rofl:

Good God, this is sig worthy.
If they were ever to meet the Clippers in the playoffs, they would be humiliated to no end. It would probably be a sweep.

No your f.... reaction is sig worthy.... Doesnt matter what happens, the LA are favourites to win A 7 GAME SERIES vs the Clippers (if healthy)....

LEHGOCELTICS
Junior
And1: 10

Post#257 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:57 pm by Froob

I'm starting to think they won't, but things can change so quickly. Celtics were toast like a week ago and now they've beaten 3 good east teams in a row. Obviously, it will be a lot harder for the lakers to do that in the west but, they do have a lot of talented players.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
Froob

General Manager
And1: 2,011

Post#258 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:09 pm by DLaren

ricochet wrote:
DLaren wrote:I'm not sure why people are convinced that Portland, Utah, & Minnesota can hold their 3-game leads over the Lakers for the next 45+ games.

The Lakers will be in the playoffs; I'm predicting they'll grab the 6th spot, and if healthy they'll beat the Clippers in RD1, beat Golden State in RD2, beat the Spurs in RD3, then lose to the Heat in the Finals.

:rofl:

Good God, this is sig worthy.
If they were ever to meet the Clippers in the playoffs, they would be humiliated to no end. It would probably be a sweep.

If the Clippers & the Lakers meet in the first-round that would potentially be 7-home games for the Lakers.

I'd actually be pulling for the Clippers (hard) in that series, but I don't think they would be able to handle the full-weight of Southern California booing them in their own building for 7-games; psychological advantage, Lakers.
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Magic 4.Bird 5.Wilt 6.Russel 7.Duncan 8.Kobe 9.Shaq 10.Olajuwon
DLaren

Junior
And1: 164

Post#259 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:10 pm by BaunceyChillups

GeneralNbaFan wrote:Portland is 3.5 games away, and I think that LA will catch them up ( if Dwight is not missing more than 3-5 games) and Utah and Minnesota had no shot to make it to the playoffs!

Dwight's gone at least a month and the Lakers could plausibly be 16-23 by January 20th

their schedule this month is brutal
BaunceyChillups
Bench Warmer
And1: 136

Post#260 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:16 pm by Darain

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:I think everyone needs to calm down and think of the consequences behind using someone's quote as a signature before anything else gets cursed again.

:lol: :lol:

Went from one of the ridiculed to one of the most feared poster on here :lol:
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#261 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:35 pm by KING CB4

Choker wrote:Only if they trade for Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon.

So what the hell are ya'll waiting for?

Is it necessary for Raptors fans to make reference about their team in every thread?
KING CB4
Bench Warmer
And1: 30

Post#262 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:43 pm by Swag

KING CB4 wrote:
Choker wrote:Only if they trade for Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon.

So what the hell are ya'll waiting for?

Is it necessary for Raptors fans to make reference about their team in every thread?

No but at some point the Lakers management need to stop being arrogant and make a trade.

Better yet, dont make a trade and miss the playoffs and become the laughing stock of the NBA
Swag

Assistant Coach
And1: 2,082

Post#263 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:45 pm by Hero

Froob wrote:I'm starting to think they won't, but things can change so quickly. Celtics were toast like a week ago and now they've beaten 3 good east teams in a row. Obviously, it will be a lot harder for the lakers to do that in the west but, they do have a lot of talented players.

The celtics were 8th or 9th and very close to being in the playoffs. The east is way weaker than the West as well. LA's upcoming schedule is no joke.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#264 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:09 pm by Leto

I don't think they'll make it this year. They just look old--like they can't get up and down the floor. I'm not sure that's a correctable condition. Maybe its just bad defensive communication?
Leto
RealGM
And1: 209

Post#265 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:24 pm by Jaykoolzboy

Another L in Houston. SAS next
"Yea wtf HAHA, I would take Rubio over Westbrook 10 times out of 10"

By cube
Jaykoolzboy

Assistant Coach
And1: 22

Post#266 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:26 pm by Ayt

Nope.

The Lakers cannot make to the Playoffs this year.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 1,688

Post#267 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:26 pm by NickAnderson

I don't even think they'll win 40 games.
Technooo....
NickAnderson

Lead Assistant
And1: 559

Post#268 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:27 pm by Nate505

GeneralNbaFan wrote:Portland is 3.5 games away, and I think that LA will catch them up ( if Dwight is not missing more than 3-5 games) and Utah and Minnesota had no shot to make it to the playoffs!

After this 3 game road trip the Jazz have 15 of their next 20 at home. Games can be made up by then, and frankly, I'm not convinced the Lakers have more talent than the Jazz do this year.
Utah Jazz - 13/14 Tank Commanders

#Riggin4Wiggins #Scandal4Randle #PlayinSorry4Jabari #LossHoardin4Gordon #PlayinDumb4Exum #AvoidTakingTheLead4Embiid #OffToABadStart4Smart
Nate505

Lead Assistant
And1: 225

Post#269 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:28 pm by pross

Spurs on the back to back (maybe without Nash after touching a ref) and then OKC. Uh oh
pross
Veteran
And1: 169

Post#270 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:30 pm by nuposse04

Well...barring a miraculous chemistry manifestation, the short answer is: No. The long answer is: **** No.
nuposse04
Head Coach
And1: 929

Post#271 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:37 pm by kombayn

The Lakers will not make the playoffs. They really have to seriously look at the All-Star break and realize, is it time to blow it up and tank this season? I mean, WTF? At this point, I'm lost about this team.
kombayn

Analyst
And1: 54

Post#272 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:39 pm by Joao Saraiva

I voted yes but I'm really starting to doubt myself. LAL just can't win any game... it's loss after loss. And I like it.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Joao Saraiva
Assistant Coach
And1: 915

Post#273 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:40 pm by pross

kombayn wrote:The Lakers will not make the playoffs. They really have to seriously look at the All-Star break and realize, is it time to blow it up and tank this season? I mean, WTF? At this point, I'm lost about this team.

Why tank. They have no picks anyway
pross
Veteran
And1: 169

Post#274 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:45 pm by kombayn

pross wrote:
kombayn wrote:The Lakers will not make the playoffs. They really have to seriously look at the All-Star break and realize, is it time to blow it up and tank this season? I mean, WTF? At this point, I'm lost about this team.

Why tank. They have no picks anyway

Lakers pick to Cavs is lottery protected.
kombayn

Analyst
And1: 54

Post#275 Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:48 pm by Edumacated

^^Doesn't the pick go to Phoenix if it is in the lottery?
Edumacated
Junior
And1: 118

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board