How I view the East

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Xekana
Senior
And1: 12

Re: How I view the East 

Post#121 » by Xekana » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:36 am

PP 4 Three wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:[quote="Charsace"]A lot of posters in this thread are really pathetic. Right now the Knicks hate is running on fumes. Whole bunch of nothing being said.

lol at the Celtics beating the Knicks in the playoffs when the celtics look like crap. They are an old, mediocre offensive team who don't have the ability to play defense like they used to. The Celtics might not even make the playoffs.

Holy **** do people ever learn around here? The Celtics got off to an even worse start last season with worse talent and no bench and they still easily made the Playoffs. We're not the Knicks, we don't completely underachieve and embarrass ourselves year after year.

:lol: Can't wait until the Knicks get smoked early in the Playoffs like usual.

Lol, I hope we play the Celtics. Knicks in 5 :lol:

Even in past years when we sucked, we still gave the Celtics fits, and your team isn't as good as in prior years.

Heat, Bulls (can even change depending on Rose), and even the Nets are better than the Celtics this season.

Congratulations on being better than the Celtics one month into the regular season. At this point last year most teams in the league were "better" than the Celtics. Good thing the Playoffs aren't until April. The Knicks strike absolutely no fear in my heart and I would love to see the Celtics give them the same treatment we gave them in 2011. But you probably won't make it out of the 1st round so I wouldn't count on it.[/quote]
What a horrible post. I guess you still haven't realized this is a different team from last year, let alone 2011. If you think we are going to be knocked of by a 7th or 8th seed, I can't wait for the playoffs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
PP 4 Three
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#122 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 am

Xekana wrote:What a horrible post. I guess you still haven't realized this is a different team from last year, let alone 2011. If you think we are going to be knocked of by a 7th or 8th seed, I can't wait for the playoffs.

Do you realize how early in the season it is? There's no guarantee that the Knicks will be a top 2 seed in the East. You're only 4 games ahead of the 7th seeded Celtics. All it would take is a mediocre two weeks of basketball for the Knicks and a solid two weeks for the Celtics for that gap to completely disappear.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,140

Post#123 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 am

PP 4 Three wrote:
Xekana wrote:What a horrible post. I guess you still haven't realized this is a different team from last year, let alone 2011. If you think we are going to be knocked of by a 7th or 8th seed, I can't wait for the playoffs.

Do you realize how early in the season it is? There's no guarantee that the Knicks will be a top 2 seed in the East. You're only 4 games ahead of the 7th seeded Celtics. All it would take is a mediocre two weeks of basketball for the Knicks and a solid two weeks for the Celtics for that gap to completely disappear.

What are the chances Boston has a solid two weeks any time soon? It's been a month into the season and the Celtics have yet to show any signs of consistency.
PP 4 Three
Banned User

Post#124 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:02 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:

What are the chance Boston has a solid two weeks? It's been a month into the season and the Celtics have yet to show any signs of consistency.

The same way the Celtics were inconsistent for the first half of the season last year and ended up with one of the best records in the league after the All Star break.
Xekana
Senior

Post#125 » by Xekana » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:04 am

PP 4 Three wrote:

We're not even at full strength yet. You can sig me saying the Knicks will have a top 3 seed. The Knicks were only 3 GB from the Celtics last season btw.

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#126 » by blueNorange » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 am

PP 4 Three wrote: All it would take is a mediocre two weeks of basketball for the Knicks and a solid two weeks for the Celtics for that gap to completely disappear.

what if your 'what if' never happens?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
PP 4 Three
Banned User

Post#127 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 am

Xekana wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:

We're not even at full strength yet. You can sig me saying the Knicks will have a top 3 seed. The Knicks were only 3 GB from the Celtics last season btw.

They could very well be a top 3 seed, but it's far from a lock. At the end of the day I couldn't care less.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#128 » by NY2k1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 am

Different years, different teams.

Hope the Celtics team has the same mindset you do (sadly, they're smarter than that). They'll be out in the 1st round in 5 games by us (if we play you).
PP 4 Three
Banned User

Post#129 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:07 am

blueNorange wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote: All it would take is a mediocre two weeks of basketball for the Knicks and a solid two weeks for the Celtics for that gap to completely disappear.

Then it doesn't happen. At the end of the day the Knicks don't worry me either way. I'm fairly confident the Celtics will handle them in the Playoffs regardless (if they meet).
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#130 » by CrazyKnicks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 am

PP 4 Three wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:I don't believe the Knicks have some sort of edge of Mia, still think Mia is the team to beat in the East and the Knicks have to play tremendous basketball in order to have a chance.

But what I don't agree with is how you can talk up the Celtics and be confident with the way they looked so far?
Knicks are without their second best scorer who provides an interior presence.
Meanwhile KG looks done, Pierce is getting floored ever other week and Rondo still can't shoot. Not to mention you're best clutch shooter is now in Mia.

This statement alone lets me know you have not watched the Celtics at all this season. Leave the discussion to people who watch NBA basketball please.

The guy is averaging 20/10 on 54% per 36 mins. He's still easily better than any big man on the Knicks.

But he can't play 36 mins anymore so that's meaningless.
And I've seen a few Bos games this season and KG doesn't look that great. Last time I watched him, he was missing point blank range shots in Philly to lose the game.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter

Post#131 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:12 am

PP 4 Three wrote:The same way the Celtics were inconsistent for the first half of the season last year and ended up with one of the best records in the league after the All Star break.

Keyword: LAST YEAR
Xekana
Senior

Post#132 » by Xekana » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:The same way the Celtics were inconsistent for the first half of the season last year and ended up with one of the best records in the league after the All Star break.

Exactly. People get so hung up on the past.

PP 4 Three
Banned User

Post#133 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:14 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

:lol: Because they don't have the same core, with the same coaching staff and the same system. The only difference is they have a deeper, more talented team. The Celtics have been turning it on when it matters almost every year since 2009, why should I believe anything different will happen this year?
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#134 » by NY2k1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:15 am

PP 4 Three wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

Then it doesn't happen. At the end of the day the Knicks don't worry me either way. I'm fairly confident the Celtics will handle them in the Playoffs regardless (if they meet).

Pretty much how I feel about the Knicks vs Celtics. Celtics don't scare me at all this season compared to past years.
PP 4 Three
Banned User

Post#135 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:16 am

Crazyknicks wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:I don't believe the Knicks have some sort of edge of Mia, still think Mia is the team to beat in the East and the Knicks have to play tremendous basketball in order to have a chance.

But what I don't agree with is how you can talk up the Celtics and be confident with the way they looked so far?
Knicks are without their second best scorer who provides an interior presence.
Meanwhile KG looks done, Pierce is getting floored ever other week and Rondo still can't shoot. Not to mention you're best clutch shooter is now in Mia.

This statement alone lets me know you have not watched the Celtics at all this season. Leave the discussion to people who watch NBA basketball please.

The guy is averaging 20/10 on 54% per 36 mins. He's still easily better than any big man on the Knicks.

But he can't play 36 mins anymore so that's meaningless.
And I've seen a few Bos games this season and KG doesn't look that great. Last time I watched him, he was missing point blank range shots in Philly to lose the game.

This is just flat out false. I don't know what to say other then, watch more Celtic games. He's arguably our best player this season even with Rondo playing as well as he is.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter

Post#136 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 am

PP 4 Three wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

:lol: Because they don't have the same core, with the same coaching staff and the same system. The only difference is they have a deeper, more talented team. The Celtics have been turning it on when it matters almost every year since 2009, why should I believe anything different will happen this year?

Because KG and Pierce being another year older isn't going to affect them in anyway? And with teams in the East getting better in the offseason. The Knicks, Nets and Bulls are better than the Celtics right now.
PP 4 Three
Banned User

Post#137 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

Because KG and Pierce being another year older isn't going to affect them in anyway? And with teams in the East getting better in the offseason. The Knicks, Nets and Bulls are better than the Celtics right now.

We literally hear this every season. They're both just as effective as they were last season so far so until I see otherwise it's safe to assume they'll play at a similar level as they did in the past few seasons.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter

Post#138 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:37 am

PP 4 Three wrote:We literally hear this every season. They're both just as effective as they were last season so far so until I see otherwise it's safe to assume they'll play at a similar level as they did in the past few seasons.

Not really. Pierce's percentages are all down from last season and while KG has been playing pretty well, his minutes are being limited to what? 28 a game? Just like age is apparently going to catch up with the Knicks as many say on the GB, it should definitely catch up with the Celtics.
PP 4 Three
Banned User

Post#139 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:We literally hear this every season. They're both just as effective as they were last season so far so until I see otherwise it's safe to assume they'll play at a similar level as they did in the past few seasons.

Not really. Pierce's percentages are all down from last season and while KG has been playing pretty well, his minutes are being limited to what? 28 a game? Just like age is apparently going to catch up with the Knicks as many say on the GB, it should definitely catch up with the Celtics.

KG is playing 28 minutes a game so they can sustain his health throughout the season. He'll be playing 35+ in the Playoffs for sure. Pierce's percentages are down but he's scoring more so it evens out. Age was supposed to catch up with them in 2010 when everyone thought they were done, and they still made the Finals. It was supposed to catch up with them last year but they were a quarter away from the Finals. Until I see otherwise I have no reason to believe all of a sudden there will be a drastic decline in their production.
dafunky1
Lead Assistant
And1: 258

Post#140 » by dafunky1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 am

nmabdi28 wrote:
LJ4pointplay wrote:Stop bringing up past years. We told you guys this team was different before the season started, we said it was different after we beat the Heat, after we started 6-0, and now again, after the season is a quarter over and we are first in the standingsThis isn't the Bulls from past years either, as the Knicks are built for post-season basketball.

Don't have to believe it if you do not want to, but this Knicks team has the ability to win it all, and a lot of people are going to be feeling dumb come playoff time.

what does that even mean lol , the bulls were an excellent rebounding and defensive team , what made them "not built for the playoffs" and what makes the knicks "built for the playoffs" how do you even evaluate being "built for the playoffs" lol

No doubt this thread was started by a Knicks fan who say the Bulls are a regular season team when the Bulls have been hurt coming into the playoffs the last two years.And like any of this matters anyways...........Miami is going to the Finals.And yes ,the Bulls did make it to the ECF,so when you say a team isn't built for the post season,to me it means a team who constantly is one and done.........like the Knicks.Win a few playoff series first.

Return to The General Board